Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 27th March 2023

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 27-Mar-23 05:52:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but remains dry outside here in brackley .
Today , I plan to go to Bicester , at the moment any signs of breathlessness or pounding heart beat seems to have settled down as I am able to walk without pausing or a need to sit down hopefully a good sign .
Take Care,
Mick

Wyllow3 Mon 27-Mar-23 06:02:47

Morning all from S Yorks.

That a good sign, Mick, enjoy your day.

Unfortunately looks like a chilly and overcast one

Got electrolysis later at the gym so will be heading there later anyway. Hoping for a bit more snooze first.

Bests for your Mondays, rest for the poor lies and family poorlies, and for gran care and outings.

grandMattie Mon 27-Mar-23 06:03:17

Good morning from a dark E Kent.
Can’t see well so’ll be short.
Was summoned 3 hours early for op. All went well though still a bit fragile and can’t see too well with shield.
Carpe diem. 🦩🦩🦩🦩❤️🦩

Wyllow3 Mon 27-Mar-23 06:13:35

Now don't overdo it grandMattie allow healing!

karmalady Mon 27-Mar-23 06:15:59

Good morning from cool dry s somerset and it is fantastic to read about the improving health Mick

I am glad that it is over GM, the rest will do you good

I put a big washing load on eco cotton this morning, 3 hours and enough time today as it will not be out until 8am. This summer time is much better for me at both ends of the day

I tried a week without my electric blanket but it is going back on today, I sorely missed the cosy cocoon feeling which lulled me into sleep.

Washing, knitting, kitchen work and that is enough planning for me today

multicolourswapshop Mon 27-Mar-23 06:19:46

Good morning from a very dark Aberdeenshire coast. Where I’ve had a great weekend with my daughter and 2 gds
A roast chicken dinner last night was made by my lovely sil
I’m off home today but I’ll be back smile

Grandmabatty Mon 27-Mar-23 06:26:22

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently -2° and frosty out. Lovely clear skies with a hint of dawn approaching. Mick it's good that you are feeling better. Grandmattie take lots of care with your eyes. Karma I still have my electric blanket on at night. It's such a nice way to to go to sleep. Multi glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Today is a childcare day. One of three this week, although normally two are my limit. I expect the boys will be sleepy with the earlier rise. I know I am. Have a good day all

baubles Mon 27-Mar-23 06:41:33

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s dry at the moment.

That’s good Mick, hope you’re continue to improve.

Rest up Mattie.

I have a Monday off this week as I’m working tomorrow instead.

I have crochet triangles to block before they can be joined together to make bunting. They have been on the blocking board but I’m not happy with them yet so I’m going to try pinning them to the ironing board and using steam.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Marydoll Mon 27-Mar-23 06:47:12

Good morning all from a dark Glasgow, where it is -1°C.
I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Mick, but don't overdo things. Hopefully your scans will give some more info on what is wrong.

GM, take it easy today. Taken early is a good thing, cuts down the anxious waiting time!

Nothing much planned for today. The spare room needs a tidy, with things needing put away.
DH is golfing, so I plan to go to church and conscript ask some parishioners to do readings and help at the Easter Triduum.
It all depends on how I feel, when I get up,

Yesterday's visit to the nursery went well. I bought some heathers to replace those, which didn't manage to survive the winter. An added bonus was money off with my loyalty card.
There was plenty of room in one car for our purchases, 😉
Also, I had a good chat with the owner about the amount of plants, we had lost to the frost. My thirty year old herb garden took a right beating.
He confirmed that they had lost quite a few plants too,saying that the prolonged cold spell this year was to blame.

I wish you all a pleasant day and good wishes for all, who are poorly.

BlueBalou Mon 27-Mar-23 06:51:59

Good morning from the Dorset coast, I don’t know what the weather’s doing but I can see a grey sky from my bed.
Spent a lovely time on the beach yesterday afternoon and collected lots of sea glass. DDog had a wonderful time chasing around, she was in her element!
We were amused yesterday morning having a coffee and people watching. It was high tide so more or less no beach but people kept turning up and expressing their dismay. One group were all very dressed up, pristine designer-type trainers etc and not happy that the sand was getting them wet……
Today DH and DDog are doing a long coastal hike, I’m doing some sketching and having a proper fossil hunt with an expert- fingers crossed!
I hope you all have a good week x

Beechnut Mon 27-Mar-23 07:06:19

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry and cloudy.

I’m glad all went well for your operation Mattie.

A very good and happy weekend spent in the garden. I went out yesterday to do one thing and stayed out all day. I got lots of little jobs done, gathered up some more stuff for a tip run, put together a raised planter for the greenhouse and sat in different seats looking at the garden.

Today I’m going to a garden centre. I’ve a mental list of things I need and it’ll be nice to look around as I’ve not been to one for a few months.

Hope you all have a good day 🦩🌺

Ashcombe Mon 27-Mar-23 07:12:32

Good morning from a fine Torbay. Later than usual for me!

I’m glad to hear good news from Mick and hope that you will take things easy for a few days, grandMattie following your surgery. A good thing to have done before moving although I believe you need to have the other eye operated on before too long.

Yesterday I was elected to the PCC at church which is something I’ve done at a couple of other churches in my life. It should be interesting and at least I can walk to meetings!

My Move It Or Lose It Class is on later today so I hope I feel more energetic by then! It’s a good thing chairs are provided on which we rest between routines!

Wishing you all a good week. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Grammaretto Mon 27-Mar-23 07:12:35

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another cold day here.
Like yours Marydoll my herbs look poorly. Most of the Rosemary is brown.

I had a very sociable weekend with the DD family and a brief visit from my DS1

I'm going into Edinburgh to meet an old pal today so that will be lovely.

You sound better Mick smile
I hope you bounce back soon gMattie and will see clearly.
I'm on a waiting list for the same. hmm
Hope you all have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 27-Mar-23 07:25:55

Grammaretto, I have several twenty year old rosemary plants and they are all brown like yours.
They have always been so healthy.

Enjoy your day in Edinburgh.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 27-Mar-23 07:31:35

Morning all from a damp West Oxfordshire. Our daughter is going back to London today but before she does I’ll make a Spag Bol for lunch. After I’ve dropped her off at the railway station I’ll do a Waitrose shop. We have a busy week coming up. I will be spending all tomorrow at the Oxford Literary Festival, stewarding. Amongst others, I will be looking after Dame Mary Berry. It was her birthday the other day - 88! WI admin to sort out, Book Group on Thursday as well as the delivery of a new wardrobe for the new room. We are off on a River Danube cruise on Friday so want to leave everything tickety boo. We get back on Good Friday and my sister and niece arrive on Easter Monday. I am unsure whether we are having anyone over on Easter Sunday! Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Mon 27-Mar-23 07:31:40

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton, 2° out at the moment. Set to be sunny and dry all day, so there is a load in the washing machine waiting to be switched on,. and that's about it for my holiday washing.

Had a lovely lunch out yesterday with DD; we went to a pub that used to be a favourite of mine and late DH. It was very busy and we had an enormous roast dinner. I just seemed to chat continuously about my holiday and kept getting my phone out to show her the photos! She brought me some lovely Mothers Day presents, as I was away on the day. Was a bit of a sad day for her as it was exactly a year ago that they lost their beloved and beautiful German Shepherd dog. After lunch we went to mooch around a garden centre where DD bought two packs of dahlia tubers, but it was far too cold to view the outside plants.

The cats are being dropped off from the cattery this morning - thank goodness I have finished all the unpacking and everything is put away!

No other plans for today, will just have a rest at home, catch up with paperwork, the weekend papers, and emails etc. I have a small chicken to roast later, which will provide most of my meals for the week. I must ring the surgery to make an appointment for an MMR booster; it was deemed necessary to have the jab before my visit to SA, and was told to have the booster when I returned.

Hope your eyes continue to improve, grandMattie, take it easy and don't overdo things.
Wishing all a pleasant Monday.

kittylester Mon 27-Mar-23 07:42:06

Good morning all from a brightish but chilly North Leicestershire.

A depressing morning ahead going through my summer clothes and getting rid of the stuff that doesn't fit - which is most of it.

Carer's course this afternoon.

Gingster Mon 27-Mar-23 07:53:24

Good morning all from a bright but chilly Essex .

Yesterday was busy starting with ds2 having a full Monty breakfast and ds1 popping in to join us for a coffee (never eats fry ups). Then it was off to pick up Dd and little gd for swimming lessons and back here for roast dinner. We’d barely finished lunch when ds1 and family arrived to see Dd, with flowers and chocs. Lovely to see them all but 🥵 Phew!
They call this retirement! 😅.

Today little Dg is being picked up by another mum and taken to school, so I’ll go to DD’s later to see what needs to be done.

Good news with you feeling stronger Mick
Take it easy GM.

Enjoy your day 🌷

Pittcity Mon 27-Mar-23 07:54:57

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The sky is like the one on the Simpsons. A few degrees colder than of late.
I slept in as the clock change has caught up with me. Luckily I have nowhere to be today. The only thing on the calendar is a reminder about the bins going out!
Love to all 🦩 x

Jaxjacky Mon 27-Mar-23 07:58:00

Morning from a chilly S Hants, rest up gMattie, it’ll do you good. You sound perkier Mick, I’m pleased.
Electric blanket still going on here too!
Volunteer day today, in between I’ve three ordered books to collect from the library, on the way I’ll visit the farm shop. Need to do some boring housework as well.
Enjoy your Monday 🦩🦩.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 27-Mar-23 08:16:10

Morning Mick you do seem a lot brighter.

It is chilly and we have a light frost here in S E Essex.

I am off to the gym first thing, then I am determined to sort out one of my wardrobes.

Rest your eye grandMattie sounds like a busy but enjoyable day Gingster

Have a good Monday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Stilllearning Mon 27-Mar-23 08:16:36

Morning from a cold but sunny S Lanarkshire.

I’ve had a really great but really exhausting weekend with DGD5. Apart from all our activities, she never stopped talking, it brought it home to me how different it is when you live alone.

Thankfully a good night’s sleep has restored my energy level since this is post school childminding day and I’ll be off to East Ren. this afternoon.

Glad to see you’re feeling a bit better Mick.

Now to restore the house to some kind of order before I set off so I’ll wish everyone as nice a day as possible 🦩

Gala Mon 27-Mar-23 08:27:49

Good morning from a currently sunny Sefton but I can see it is clouding over already. What bright & sunny mornings we have are gone by lunchtime☹️.
Singing group this morning. That should cheer me up. The group is growing slowly. 25 people last week. Just enough chairs & songbooks. An appointment with a local company to replace some blinds this afternoon. The rest of the afternoon "at leisure".
Good to hear you're feeling better Mick. Take it easy grand Mattie, look after yourself.
Wishing you all a peaceful week.

Greyduster Mon 27-Mar-23 08:29:30

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Glad you’re feeling a bit more up to par, Mick. Don’t overdo it. As Wyllow has said, cool and cloudy in South Yorkshire, but the wind has dropped which is good as it means that I will be able to sow some seeds without everything getting blown off the potting table! I’ll bring them on in the conservatory. My plum tree is coming into blossom. I suppose it’s too much to hope we’ll get any fruit though. It’s not produced for a few years. It sets fruit and then they drop off.
I have an appointment at the surgery later this afternoon and that will round my day off.
Good luck with the fossil hunting BlueBalou. It’s a lovely pastime. I have a lovely ammonite that DH picked up on the beach in Lyme Regis.
Have a good day folks.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 27-Mar-23 08:31:24

Good morning Mick and everyone
from Hull. It’s a beautiful morning and the sunshine lifts the spirits.

grandMattie hoping your recovery goes well 💐 the rest today will do you good.

Today I will do a zoom yoga recording as my teacher is away. There is a pile of ironing to do after that and later picking up GS from school.

Have a lovely day everyone. Thoughts to those poorly or stressed🌻🌻