Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 22nd May 2023

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 22-May-23 05:44:02

Good Morning Everyone,
looking dry but a grey sky start this morning here in brackley.
Yesterdays trip to Weston-S -Mare , on arrival it was very busy with day trippers and those on holiday.
Arrived home mid evening,.
Today, I will go to Bicester on the bus ,and do my usual routine , returning home for lunch.
Take care,
Mick

Greyduster Mon 22-May-23 19:26:14

A very late one from me, but Happy Birthday, Auntie Flo! Enjoy your meal!๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐Ÿท

gillgran Mon 22-May-23 17:45:26

Happy Birthday. Rather late in the day, but I send you my very best wishes to you, Auntieflo, on your birthday, enjoy your evening out. cupcake wine flowers

brook2704 Mon 22-May-23 17:17:20

A very Happy Birthday Auntiflo enjoy your special day! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-May-23 17:08:08

Happy Birthday Auntieflo ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‰

annsixty Mon 22-May-23 17:06:06

Happy birthday Auntieflo
I have a feeling you are catching up with me.๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽ‚

Blossoming Mon 22-May-23 16:57:06

Happy birthday AuntieFlo

Jaxjacky Mon 22-May-23 16:30:15

Happy Birthday Auntieflo I hope you enjoy the meal out.

grandMattie Mon 22-May-23 16:11:57

Many happy returns, Auntieflo ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰

Grammaretto Mon 22-May-23 16:03:01

Happy Birthday auntieflo ofcourse you can be as late as you like
Enjoy your special day.

Auntieflo Mon 22-May-23 15:49:08

Late to the party again! Well, it is my birthday, so perhaps I can be forgiven. I have had a lovely morning opening cards and receiving flowers, fizz and chocs via the post. I came over all sleepy and had a snooze, now feel chilly. Where is the sunshine?
We are going out for a meal this evening with DD and SIL., so hope I have an appetite. I haven't caught up with all the posts, so will have a leisurely read.
Have a good day one and all.

madeleine45 Mon 22-May-23 14:58:06

have just enjoyed reading all your posts although somewhat late to be reading it. Was awake very early 5 ish and as it was good outside have now got all the washing done. first lot clothes of which I must iron some at least , second lot was the bedding and towels. Such a great day for washing. I dont have a tumble dryer (dont want one either) and I love it when everythig smells so lovely and clean, and it is a simple pleasure when you get into such a lovely clean bed . Have had rather a hectic week and have been glad to just plod along and catch up with ordinary jobs. Have been able to sit out and have my lunch in peace and quiet in the garden with all the birds singing , making up for lost spring time. The grass and leaves seem to be growing as you watch them. Hope you have all had a good morning with the weather.

Baggs Mon 22-May-23 10:32:01

Morning all from a bonny day on the Boggy Brae. MrB is going to take his sketchbook and gouache paints over to Loch Lomond for a while but he has said that later he'll mow "The Eiger", our steepest bit of "lawn" and where I slipped when it was very wet and 'fooshed' my wrist and hand. I need to get some summer clothes out of the trunk they live in over winter and put the warm woollies in there. I might also mess about with some gouache paint for a bit.

baubles, I'll add thoughts about your b-i-l's chemo to the constant DD ones ๐Ÿ’

Good day wishes to all ๐ŸŒฑ

Anniebach Mon 22-May-23 10:15:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Blossoming Mon 22-May-23 09:54:28

Good morning everyone from sunny Lancashire.

Today I need to arrange for an electrician to come and fix the oven. It has stopped working and it tripped a switch in the fuse box. Luckily we have other appliances we can use. I also need to wash towels, itโ€™s another sunny day so I can line dry them.

Have a good day all, safe journey to all travelling and hope any poorlies are soon on the mend. ๐ŸŒป

EkwaNimitee Mon 22-May-23 09:16:33

Good morning Mick and everyone from warm sunny Carlisle.
It's been a weekend of lovely weather.
DS1 visited. We had a day in the Lakes then a visit to the garden centre yesterday to haul home some sacks but plants got included on both sides.
Today will be housework and laundry in the morning and, finally, after over a year, a visit to the NHS women's health physio.
I'd like to find time to put some plants in but that's unlikely.

Have a good day everyone.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 22-May-23 09:12:14

Good morning Mick and all from another sunny day in South Wales, we went to Aberaeron yesterday, not many people about but had lunch an ice cream, both were very good. The beach is made up of large cobble stones, maybe they were brought in? Anyway the harbour area was very pretty with the different coloured cottages.
Our neighbours moved in yesterday afternoon,170 of them, then at 5 am they all moved out.
Iโ€™ll try to attach a pic, also of the view around our cottage.
Have a good day everyone, letโ€™s hope we are all kissed by the sun today

aggie Mon 22-May-23 09:07:59

Sunny Good Morning from Co Armagh
Off grocery shopping , happens every two weeks and this was a hungry weekend !
I have the greenhouse set up , Iโ€™m going to put the canes in today and maybe plant up the tomatoes tomorrow
Or I might resume my crochet
Or finish Granddaughters birthday card
Hopes and prayers , I lit a candle for us all in the Chapel yesterday , he has doubled the price ! Holy inflation ?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 22-May-23 09:07:03

Good morning from another glorious Cornish morning. The dog slept in today as he was tired from all the walking yesterday, but did enjoy himself as did we.

Today we will drive to Heligan and enjoy the early summer growth - wonder down the valley and back.

Find somewhere suitable for lunch, then wonder around Mevagissey, and drive along the coast a bit visiting all the little beaches before returning to our cottage.

Enjoy this glorious early summer day every one.

Stilllearning Mon 22-May-23 09:06:34

Morning from a sunny bit of S Lanarkshire.

Will remember your brother in law baubles (and your sister)

Kitty, glad your DGDs show went so well, enjoy the moment!

I had my 10 year old DGD staying with me for a long weekend and it was an utter delight, she was a wonderful companion. As well as talking non stop most of the time, she loves painting and drawing so we spent loads of time in the garden room (with the heater on, this is Scotland๐Ÿ˜Š), she painting and me reading and I felt so blessed.

Usual routine today, post school childminding etc., starting with mass now where everyone on here who needs it will be in my thoughts. ๐ŸฆฉUrmstongram and family.

Grammaretto Mon 22-May-23 09:03:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cold and wet here.
I have plans to meet a df at the Botanic gardens today which is lovely in all weathers and has 2 nice cafรฉs
I am already missing my French Helpers but on the other hand, it's nice to be just myself sometimes.

Tomorrow I'm taking DGD on an outing for her belated birthday treat. It's to be a boat trip to the Isle of May. I'm excited.

Sorry your rings are stuck Gingster
I don't wear any for fear of that and losing them.

Enjoy your days out, travels and painting.
That's so lovely Hollysteers

Taichinan Mon 22-May-23 08:59:26

Good morning all. Misty and murky on the Angus coast, but forecast to brighten a bit this afternoon.
๐Ÿ™ for your BiL baubles, and for Mr Urms today.
Loving reading about all your sunny busy-ness and all your beautiful gardens. And of course your little DGSs were the best dancers kitty!
I'm off now to clear some paperwork in anticipation of some brightness this afternoon ๐Ÿคž when I might be able to get outside for a while.
Have a lovely day everyone and may the poorlies feel a little better and the travellers enjoy safe journeys x

BlueSapphire Mon 22-May-23 08:47:29

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton, but set to clear this afternoon, so I might get an hour or so in the garden. Have just put the towels in the washing machine and they should dry nicely today.

No yoga this morning as I am off to Knit and Natter at the pub; some of us are staying on for lunch afterwards.

I really enjoyed Book Club 2 yesterday; it was a entertaining and funny bit of nonsense and actually made me laugh in places. Couldn't help but think of Marydoll, as it was set in Italy, (Rome, Venice and Tuscany), and had wonderful scenery, food and clothes. I can thoroughly recommend it for couple of hours of escapism. Needless to say, it was accompanied by a glass of rose for me!

Came home to my delicious chicken casserole in the slow cooker. There is enough left for three portions for the freezer, and a soup for this evening.

Wishing all a pleasant ๐ŸŒž Monday.

multicolourswapshop Mon 22-May-23 08:46:22

Good morning from a cloudy but promising to be warmer start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.
Iโ€™m having a meet up at my local driving range with an old neighbour whoโ€™s quite the celebrity now having married into a famous rugby family
She is such a lovely person and weโ€™re going to have a real long catch up.
My sister who lives with me has become a horror what am I supposed to do with her

Pittcity Mon 22-May-23 08:45:49

Sorry * Gingster* but the train from Colchester doesn't go anywhere near Rayleigh. Will wave from afar!

GrannySomerset Mon 22-May-23 08:44:57

Rotten luck, Gingster, had to have my wedding ring cut off twice. The first time it could be repaired, the second time we replaced it and I still have the original in a box somewhere. Itโ€™s a sad decision to have to make.

Gardener here later this morning and church book group this afternoon so best get organised for both. Wish I had more get up and go because everything feels such an effort and it shouldnโ€™t. I have absolutely no excuse!