Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 29th September 2023

(79 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 29-Sep-23 05:33:15

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in brackley this morning.
Today hopefully get the bus to Bicester as its market day there , its the largest street market in the area as other places like Banbury , brackley and buckingham are smaller .
Will have my usual coffee and cake and get home and get a Fish & Chip takeaway .
As to health my system seems to be allot better this last few days , unsure whether the bottled Harrogate water with medication is improving things.
Take Care,
Mick

GrannySomerset Fri 29-Sep-23 09:23:47

Lovely autumn morning here but I feel glum - too much awful news, I think. Shall go back to only one news bulletin a day.

Oldies coffee morning and gentle domestic tasks. Glad Mick sounds a little better, hope Marydoll can actually see a doctor, delighted that gMattie has bathroom go ahead and an excited GD. Hope today unfolds the way we all want/need it to.

BlueSapphire Fri 29-Sep-23 09:24:31

Happy birthday ๐ŸŽ‚ Taichinan, have a lovely day!
And Marydoll, hope you manage to see your GP, and get some help, and that you feel better soon.

monk08 Fri 29-Sep-23 09:30:02

Happy birthday Taichinan๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿท.
Ash I had to look up the POETS acronym something new I've learnt ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Blossoming Fri 29-Sep-23 09:34:36

Good morning Mick and all from windy Lancashire where it is currently 13ยฐC.

Yesterday I had my flu jab, the drive through clinic was quick and efficient and we were back home in no time. My arm and shoulder are stiff and sore but itโ€™s the wonky arm anyway. Iโ€™m used to feeling quite unwell for a few days afterwards so I shall snuggle down and sleep as much as possible. Itโ€™s much better than having flu and Iโ€™m grateful the NHS (and MrB) is looking after me.

Thinking of all going through tough times ๐ŸŒนโค๏ธ

Happy birthday Taichinan

gillgran Fri 29-Sep-23 09:36:03

Good Morning from a bright N.,Cambs.,

Birthday greetings for Taichinan, enjoy your special day. wine cupcake

Warm wishes to you all, especially those with extra worries. flowers

EkwaNimitee Fri 29-Sep-23 09:37:20

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle.
Iโ€™m not long up having overslept by 2 hours and it was a phone call that woke me too! Must be due to recovering from my chest infection.
The rest of the ironing awaits this morning and then a lot of photo editing later I think, thereโ€™s a long way to go stillโ€ฆ.
Iโ€™m pleased to see your bathroom news Grandmattie and what excitement for Iris!
Good luck with the GP Marydoll, hope the day improves for you.
And a very Happy Birthday Taichinan!

Marydoll Fri 29-Sep-23 09:39:35

Thank you for the good wishes, I have spoken to my GP. Despite phoning at 8am, there were no appointsments available. However, after speaking to him, I have an emergency appointment late afternoon. Thank goodness!

Grandmabatty Fri 29-Sep-23 09:39:49

Taichinan have a very happy birthday. ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰

luluaugust Fri 29-Sep-23 09:50:53

Happy birthday Taichinan
Glad you got an appointment Marydoll

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 29-Sep-23 10:01:18

Happy Birthday Taichinan have a lovely day ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ

Pleased you can be seen today Marydoll

Oh yes POETS day was always so welcome as we used to be able to leave at 3pm
(P**s off early todayโ€™s Friday)

Scapa1 Fri 29-Sep-23 10:11:36

Morning all. Neither OH or I seem to have suffered any side effects of Covid or flu jags fortunately. Busy day ahead off to Puglia in Italy tomorrow so need to clean house and finish packing. Really looking forward to some sun. Thinking of all those with worries. Hope you get some help from the doctor Marydoll flowers

Kalu Fri 29-Sep-23 10:42:43

Good morning all from Glasgow where it is wet and windy once more.

I am hoping for a dry spell which will allow me to get outside and potter in the garden, something I enjoy and find therapeutic.

Happy birthday Taichinan ๐ŸŽ‚

Marydoll. I hope your GP has the answer to ease your worries dear friend.

Best wishes to all with worries and troubles for an easier day.

Jaxjacky Fri 29-Sep-23 10:50:32

Happy Birthday Taichinan ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚.

NannyJan53 Fri 29-Sep-23 10:56:06

Good morning from a sunny Black Country, where I can detect a chill in the air. Yesterday morning was eating breakfast on a terrace in Catania, where it was very warm!

Arrived home yesterday around 6pm. Now the washing machine is on with around 3 loads! We spent a few days in Ortigia and a couple of days in Catania.

Rang Audiology this morning and have an appointment for new tubes this afternoon. Amazing!

Happy Birthday Taichinan enjoy your day.

Wishing you all a sunny Friday

Taichinan Fri 29-Sep-23 11:17:10

Thank you for the Birthday wishes everyone. Off now to put my gladrags on! Thanks karma. I'm told I don't look it either (whatever it looks like ๐Ÿ˜‰) but I'm the happy recipient of family 'young genes', so long may they last!
Marydoll I'm glad you've got that emergency appointment x

Grandmachrisy47 Fri 29-Sep-23 11:26:12

Happy Birthday, Taichinan. Thoughts with those facing difficulties. Safe travels to those on the move.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 29-Sep-23 11:30:56

Happy Birthday Taichinan hope you have a wonderful day.

How thrilling to receive the letter from the Palace Multi I couldnโ€™t quite make it all out towards the end but got the gist of it.

Marydoll Fri 29-Sep-23 11:40:04

Scalpal, Puglia was on my bucket list, along with Scicily.๐Ÿ’š Enjoy!

Maria59 Fri 29-Sep-23 11:41:44

Happy birthday Taichinan

GrannyGravy13 Fri 29-Sep-23 12:17:27

Happy Birthday Taichinan ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ

grandMattie Fri 29-Sep-23 12:23:10

Happy birthday Taichi

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 29-Sep-23 12:58:16

Got that wrong didnโ€™t I?

P**s off early tomorrows Saturday!!

Jamie Fri 29-Sep-23 13:11:22

Late Birthday greetings Taichinan hope you are having a lovely day and enjoyed your lunch with your daughter. I enjoy reading your posts each day.cupcake
Marydoll hope you get help from the GP and feel better soon and Mattie glad your bathroom plans are progressing and congrats to Iris on her news.

hulahoop Fri 29-Sep-23 14:17:12

Happy birthday Taichinan enjoy your day ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿท

halfpint1 Fri 29-Sep-23 14:23:49

When I was growing up in Harrogate my brother used to force my head under the outside tap at the Pump room to drink the Sulphur water. I now live near Vichy and it's the same water...and smell... still makes me heave. However Thermal water is big business here in France so I hope the Harrogate water helps you Mick.