Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 13th February 2024

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 13-Feb-24 05:29:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early as usual , its dark but dry outside at the moment
As is Pancake Day , a change of plan , bus to Bicester for an hour or so then get another one to Buckingham with intentions of visiting a cafe which does Pancakes today , before returning home from there .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmachrisy47 Tue 13-Feb-24 07:46:34

Good morning from a dry, bright Co Durham.
DD2 , a teacher, is on half term this but dgd is at school so I’m not needed for the school run so I’m off to see my dsis in Lancashire. It’s exactly 4 years since I ventured there on my own on the train. It’s a four + hour journey. I used to drive there but no longer have the confidence.
DD2 will drop me at the station at 9,45. I’m hoping the trains run ok.
Our small town is a no go area on Shrove Tuesday with the annual Ball Game.
I’ll catch up on your posts from the train. Have a good day.

NannyJan53 Tue 13-Feb-24 07:48:22

Good morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country.

Long walk yesterday morning, then Line Dancing with my friend in the afternoon, and coffee and a natter afterwards. Over 27,000 steps completed.

grandMattie flowers Kitty flowers

My DD was married in Acton Trussell Susan56 I think it was the Moathouse. Lovely village.

Looking forward to the GN meet in Birmingham today.

Wishing you all the best day possible

Taichinan Tue 13-Feb-24 07:49:32

Good morning all and happy pancake day. I'm really short of time this morning - much too much to do before I go down to take the tai chi class! Looks like it will be another nice day on the Angus coast, although not as glorious as yesterday.
I have just done my usual fumble and lost my first post - so annoying and entirely my own fault (which is even more annoying 😉).
Grandmattie, so sorry for your loss flowers. But it must be some comfort to have been there 'virtually' for the funeral. Be kind to yourself today.
Grandmabatty what a great time you give those grandsons of yours - no wonder you feel tired afterwards!
What a lovely compliment*Susan*!
Sorry to hear that your D-i-l is still so poorly Corner.
Now I have to dash and get several tasks out of the way before tai chi and the later arrival of DGD3 for lunch and a cuddle. She only has one lecture today at uni in Dundee that finishes at 10am, so I think she was feeling at a bit of a loose end. I'm looking forward to seeing her. (Understatement of the year!)
Have a good day everyone, with plenty of ☀️ and 🦋 - and pancakes!
Oh, and welcome back to Olddudders, Ash.

Pittcity Tue 13-Feb-24 07:49:59

Good morning from a bright, chilly Colchester. Rain expected later.
Charity shop volunteering today as it's Tuesday. One of our joint part time managers failed her probation yesterday. This seems to be a recurring theme. No idea who'll be in charge today. I enjoy my day and stay out of the politics with higher management.
Hugs all round and love to all 🦩 x

brook2704 Tue 13-Feb-24 08:02:22

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s about 3º and looks a bit windy
gMattie 💐
A very warm welcome to password sounds like a good day ahead!
Yesterday was sunny so I was tempted out into the garden for an hour, I did some tidying up and moved a few pots around so they’d get some sunshine. Today I’m off to the gym, as well as my usual class I’m also going to try a new class that a few of my gym pals have started going to - will see how it goes
Safe travels to olddudders Ash and enjoy the family time with your DS and family
Sounds like a lovely fun day with your DGSs grandmabatty enjoy!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Feb-24 08:04:44

Morning all 👋

It’s grey here in S E Essex, no plans other than cracking on with my mission to declutter my clothes and stuff

(((Hugs))) to all in need 🙋‍♀️

Jaxjacky Tue 13-Feb-24 08:05:18

Morning from a cloudy S Hants, rain later.
Welcome Password1066 to this cheery thread.
Difficult gMattie 🥀
Not good news Gingster about your daughter in law.
Yesterday on the phones was quiet, my stats need updating today. We didn’t win quiz, but got an extra prize for top points in one round.
Washing too do, walking before the rain and some money to move around. No pancakes, neither of us are bothered.
🦩🦩

Susan56 Tue 13-Feb-24 08:11:00

NannyJan my younger daughter got married at The Moathouse too!

Marydoll Tue 13-Feb-24 08:13:20

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it is 5°C.

Welcome, Password!

GM. 💐

BonnyB, you look as if you are having a ball. It's great to see you looking so well.

DH and I got secretly engaged forty nine years ago today. We had only being going out for three months and were too scared to tell my parents! It took another four months to pluck up the courage to make it official. My mother surprised us by saying she wasn't in the least bit surprised and thought we would have been engaged sooner!
DH was saying last night that he must have been drunk, when he blurted out his proposal and doesn't remember a thing!! 😂

I've had a pretty bad night pain wise, very little sleep, but I'm hoping to feel better as the morning goes on and we can go out for lunch.

Keeping all those with pain and worries in my prayers.
Enjoy your day folks

Alygran Tue 13-Feb-24 08:13:36

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining! The forecast was for cloudy but dry so I have planned a walk with a friend up on Sutton Bank. We may have to rethink.
History Society this evening.
* GrandMattie * 💐
Lots of worries and health issues on here today, mixed with sunshine and grandchildren. Have the best day you can.

Marydoll Tue 13-Feb-24 08:16:39

Alygran

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining! The forecast was for cloudy but dry so I have planned a walk with a friend up on Sutton Bank. We may have to rethink.
* GrandMattie * 💐
Lots of worries and health issues on here today, mixed with sunshine and grandchildren. Have the best day you can.

Aly, we often drove up Sutton Bank on holiday. Our car used to struggle with two adults, three children and a mountain of luggage and food for our self catering holiday. ( They don't have food shops in Yorkshire! 😂)

monk08 Tue 13-Feb-24 08:25:25

Good morning all from a dry but dull Black country.
More Grandma duties today will see what they want to do when we pick them up Dgs2 turn to pick.
NannyJan enjoy the Birmingham meet up hopefully I'll make the next one.
grandMattie flowers
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 13-Feb-24 08:40:23

Good morning from a dry, dull day in Oxfordshire, rain due later.
I spent yesterday trying to source a plumber to fix our broken loo and blitzing the 2 spare bedrooms, 1 bedroom done and one almost finished, then I’ll go through the drawers and cupboards and be ruthless with my sorting, although I’ve been decluttering since last year I’m sure there is stuff we don’t need to keep.
So far most of the stuff to come down belongs to MzOops who has dropped crates and boxes off as she is moving, then we decided that we will put our house on the market in the Spring, so it will all have to go into the cabin in the garden, I’ll take some pics before I take it all down there today, just in case it’s still here when the Estate Agent comes along. Fingers crossed she moves into her house soon.

Thinking of all those Grans with sadness and stress in their lives, life is such a mixed bag isn’t it? So have as good a day as you can everyone.

EkwaNimitee Tue 13-Feb-24 08:48:42

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright Carlisle.

Yesterday I blitzed the cleaning and laundry and today will finish it all off. I didn't get out for a walk, having overdone the former and dealt with some admin instead. There's more of the latter to get done today too.
Also, the garden calls. I want to get out there as rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

Hello to you Password, do keep posting!

A sad start to the day for you grandMattie but good you could 'participate' thanks to the wonders of modern technology.

GrannySomerset Tue 13-Feb-24 08:58:52

How amazing to be able to participate in a funeral the other side of the world, sad though the occasion was. Technology is a blessing sometimes.

Still having problems with the cat Olive. I moved her litter tray to the (unsuitable) place she prefers to pee and she managed to miss it entirely. Not sure what to do next! Perhaps things will improve when she goes outside though that will be a few days yet. Otherwise she is happy and companiable.

Dismal damp morning. Supermarket shop later and pancakes with a friend this evening so a good enough day beckons.

Georgesgran Tue 13-Feb-24 09:04:28

Good morning from Durham.
On Sunday, DD2s neighbour brought a van and took away all my big items - mutually grateful!
Today, I’m meeting a friend for coffee at a local garden centre, then a quick house blitz as I’m having my radiators checked tomorrow and they need to be accessible.
🥀Gm but isn’t live streaming amazing? During Covid DH’s service was viewed by so many, even as far away as Australia. Thinking of Baggs,*SueD*and Gingster
Safe journey Grandmachrisy47 - your village will be mayhem!
Best wishes to all. X

Alygran Tue 13-Feb-24 09:09:21

Marydoll

Alygran

* GrandMattie * 💐

Aly, we often drove up Sutton Bank on holiday. Our car used to struggle with two adults, three children and a mountain of luggage and food for our self catering holiday. ( They don't have food shops in Yorkshire! 😂)

🤣🤣
I’ve had my scary moments on there too, usually following a wagon that comes to a standstill…..hill start 😳
The sun is out now so it looks like the walk is on!

grandMattie Tue 13-Feb-24 09:14:16

Thank you for all your kind wishes.
What makes it hard is that my old friend in a nursing home, her funeral is today too. The last of four deaths of two dear friends, of a beloved first cousin and my sister. Too many in the last month! 😢. Hey ho.
My two lovely DGDs are coming for the day. It’s half term and they are doing nothing else. All is prepared, but I still have pancakes to make for pudding, today being Shrove Tuesday.
🫂❤️

Lindajean Tue 13-Feb-24 09:24:34

Gosh..would have totally fortgotten its Pancake Day if I hadnt seen it here..might pop to Sainsburys to buy some..I know its cheating but...😅

Kalu Tue 13-Feb-24 09:26:51

Good morning from Glasgow. We had horrendously heavy hail mixed with sleet last night, this morning, blue skies and sunshine.

Mizuna, I didn’t know I needed a twisted hazel until I saw your photo….I have a suitable pot just waiting.

To compensate not being able to garden due to awful weather I am enjoying vases of daffodils and tulips indoors plus hyacinths and amaryllis in pots to cheer me up.

A warm welcome Pass

GM 💐 and Kitty 💐
Thinking of Baggs this morning. 💐

Have the best day possible dear friends.

harrigran Tue 13-Feb-24 09:32:25

Good morning from a dry NE.
Yesterday was a bright, fresh day so stripped bed and washed everything including mattress cover, love climbing into a clean bed. Most of day was spent catching up with TV programmes and doing crosswords.
Yesterday was a no meat day so made a mushroom risotto for dinner.
Nothing planned for today.
Thoughts are with poorly people and those with sadness.

NannyJan53 Tue 13-Feb-24 09:53:08

Sorr, meant to say welcome to password1066 to this lovely thread.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Feb-24 10:19:16

Hi password1066 👋

Jaxjacky Tue 13-Feb-24 10:49:03

A few regulars missing, Whitewave and Blossoming hope all is well.

Litterpicker Tue 13-Feb-24 10:49:26

Good morning from coastal West Sussex. I think it has stopped raining for now but more rain expected later.

Grandmattie, that is a sad number of losses so close together 💐

Welcome Password1066 - look forward to getting to know you 🙂

We are off to visit DD3 and youngest DGDs - it is DD’s 43rd and GD’s 9th, birthdays. We will call with DD1 later when she finishes work, as her birthday is on Sunday but she will be away visiting DGD1 at university ‘up north’ as it is her birthday on Tuesday next week (and also DH’s). Then no more birthdays until March (DGS1’s 18th). Phew!

Enjoy your pancake(s), Mick.