Gransnet forums

Chat

The Fuss Over The Royal Family Photo

(267 Posts)
mae13 Mon 11-Mar-24 09:38:35

Good grief! There's so much over-analysis and various "experts" giving opinions you would think that someone had revealed that they had conclusive proof that the Mona Lisa was faked.
It just seems to be the ONLY story at the moment - and I'm tired of it!

Clawdy Mon 11-Mar-24 09:43:00

Lots of strange theories online! It's all a bit strange though.

lemsip Mon 11-Mar-24 09:46:02

it's far from the only story! and there's already a thread about this!

what about the thread re 34 bodies removed from Hull funeral director's premises and two arrests?

BlueBelle Mon 11-Mar-24 09:49:00

There’s a long thread already Mae why not join in that one

Sarnia Mon 11-Mar-24 09:50:44

I find that I am living in a world where I struggle to separate fact from fiction. I could write on the back of a stamp what I understand about AI but I do know that it concerns me with the way it will be manipulated and not always for good. The conspiracy theorists inhabit a strange world where they take nothing at face value but pick it apart to find something they can base their weird and wild findings on. I see that photo of Kate and her children on Mother's Day as a delightful family snap taken by Prince William. I won't listen to any other wacky opinions.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 11-Mar-24 10:44:00

Just seen an apology from Kate (Evening Standard) as she had played with editing the photo.

HelterSkelter1 Mon 11-Mar-24 11:13:08

Didn't anyone comment at Kensington Palace or wherever her PR team reside that she had no rings on?
Surely that should have jumped out. I removed my rings during chemo as my hands swelled up at odd times. But back to wearing them now.
Just a rather strange thing to do it can hardly have been forgetfulness? Bound to prompt more questions which they must have been trying to avoid. Surely someone noticed before publication.
A shame as a lovely photo has lost its charm and the whole thing must be now giving her a massive headache.

vegansrock Mon 11-Mar-24 11:21:03

Yes a photo issued to dispel rumours has created more. Bad move .

maddyone Mon 11-Mar-24 11:25:01

It’s a ridiculous fuss over nothing in my opinion.

Anniebach Mon 11-Mar-24 11:26:24

A married woman not wearing her wedding band, shock horror

Kandinsky Mon 11-Mar-24 11:26:56

It’s totally bonkers.

HelterSkelter1 Mon 11-Mar-24 11:45:55

Catherine is the most photographed woman in the world. She wears her rings in every photo published even when appearing in nursery schools for example and doing cookery/ pastey/gluey/gardening sort of things. So really a strange move on a photo published to quell the mad rumours and celebrate MD.
If she were plain Mrs Brown who would care if she wore rings or not. Anniebach you have missed the point.

Iam64 Mon 11-Mar-24 11:53:21

HelterSkelter1

Catherine is the most photographed woman in the world. She wears her rings in every photo published even when appearing in nursery schools for example and doing cookery/ pastey/gluey/gardening sort of things. So really a strange move on a photo published to quell the mad rumours and celebrate MD.
If she were plain Mrs Brown who would care if she wore rings or not. Anniebach you have missed the point.

I’m not a conspiracy fan but I’m aware there are endless ‘rumours’ about Catherine’s health and their marriage. We often remove wedding and engagement rings , hands can swell for various reasons. I’m surprised this media savvy couple and their PR people didn’t ensure speculation wasn’t fuelled by this

Anniebach Mon 11-Mar-24 12:04:15

Am I the only one to pot on shrubs, plants and take wedding band off ?

Dickens Mon 11-Mar-24 12:32:11

Anniebach

Am I the only one to pot on shrubs, plants and take wedding band off ?

... no you're not - I remove mine when doing various things - especially if using sticky glue or something messy.

And most people now edit their photo's...

Poor woman. The speculation is distasteful.

Jaxjacky Mon 11-Mar-24 12:38:35

She can’t do anything right, nasty speculation on her health and pounced on for a bit of photoshopping.
Don’t tell me the paps don’t fiddle with pictures all the time, I feel sorry for her.

Anniebach Mon 11-Mar-24 12:46:12

She needs major surgery, yells of ‘we have a right to know full
details’

She love photography, tries to change the position of her daughter’s hand, yells of ‘what else is being kept from us’

Calendargirl Mon 11-Mar-24 13:11:50

I very rarely wear my wedding ring, but as HelterSkelter said, you never see Catherine without hers.

Perhaps her fingers are swollen, but whilst they were editing the picture, all the more reason to have edited a hand wearing them still.

Anniebach Mon 11-Mar-24 13:18:53

Why edit a hand wearing them still ? she wears rings on public
engagements so must wear them at all times ?

Grandma70s Mon 11-Mar-24 13:21:53

What a ridiculous fuss. The first ten minutes of BBC lunchtime news were taken up with this non-story.

CoolCoco Mon 11-Mar-24 13:23:30

What would anyone have said if Meghan was enhancing her pics? I think it wouldn’t have been so apologetic.

Rosie51 Mon 11-Mar-24 13:30:52

CoolCoco

What would anyone have said if Meghan was enhancing her pics? I think it wouldn’t have been so apologetic.

Why drag Meghan into it, is she relevant to this photo?

Labradora Mon 11-Mar-24 13:36:28

I think that one need look no further in this non-story than Princess Kate's determination to keep her health issues private as she's entitled to do.
They don't want official press photos because that would be intrusive and they would lose control of a situation that they are determined to control.
I imagine that with a 10? day hospital stay she has had major surgery so a two to three month convalescence would be normal.
Her appearance is probably the concern because she was pretty well skinny to start with( not a criticism she is a credit to the country in her excellent clothes taste ) and post -op as she gets her appetite back possibly even thinner.
Get well soon.

Dickens Mon 11-Mar-24 14:37:03

Calendargirl

I very rarely wear my wedding ring, but as HelterSkelter said, you never see Catherine without hers.

Perhaps her fingers are swollen, but whilst they were editing the picture, all the more reason to have edited a hand wearing them still.

Maybe that's because you only see her during public engagements when she will obviously be wearing them.

How often do you see her simply relaxing at home when, like you, she may choose not to?

Mollygo Mon 11-Mar-24 14:40:15

Labradora
Indeed