Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 28th March 2024

(56 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 27-Mar-24 05:30:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early as usual a habit I am finding hard to break due to getting up early to go to work years ago, anyway its dry, cold and chilly at the moment in brackley.
Yesterday found the wind chill seems to have an effect as to my health situation as it seems to upset my system as regards to how I feel , I can walk a reasonable distance without breaking it into segments with sit downs ,as this prolonged cold weather lasts I have a mixture of good and bad days when out.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 27-Mar-24 05:40:33

Good morning from Bristol. Still very chilly for the time of year, especially after such a mild winter. March is supposed to “come in like a lion, go out like a lamb”…. Hmm 🤔
stilllearning, that was sweet of you to think of me; I hope you had a really nice time for your birthday. Me too, I have given up driving, though I was 75. My reactions are rubbish and I have never enjoyed driving, so I just stopped when I moved over here. The buses are ok, a 10-minute walk from my flat.
I’ve got the complex coffee morning today; I’ll find out about the two ladies who are in hospital after falls.
This evening is the last Lent course meeting. I find them rather unsatisfactory as little theology is involved, it’s more how one feels or reacts. Ah well, it’s a way to get to know others.
I hope all your medical problems are attended to. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Wed 27-Mar-24 05:56:13

Good morning, rain and dull today in s somerset

I survived the dental surgery, top to toe surgical gowns all round. Thank goodness for eyes that can close. I need to rest for another 30 hours. So that is my programme for today, ie doing nothing and mushy food. High dose arnica has been my friend but I need the antibiotics. I will see about stopping the ibuprofen after today, I am taking that now for the swelling which makes me look like fish-lips woman

Have a good day

RosesandLilac Wed 27-Mar-24 05:57:13

Good morning early birds, it was damp and chilly here in south Glos when I opened the window earlier ( I’ve been awake for several hours 🙄)
Yesterday I spent an hour or so sorting out the border on one side of the patio, nothing strenuous and it looks much tidier. I want to do a bit every day if I can. The border by the new fence needs more done, I will ask DH to help as there’s a shrub to move.
Today I have a hairdresser appointment mid morning so I’m looking forward to that.
I hope today goes well for you all 🌹

grandMattie Wed 27-Mar-24 05:58:09

karma, I’m glad everything went well and you are swallowing industrial quantities of arnica. Calendula is also excellent for healing.
Look after yourself. 🤗🫂

Ashcombe Wed 27-Mar-24 05:59:01

Good morning from a breez

I hope your appointment yesterday turned out better than expected, Susan56 and the dental treatment went as well as possible, karmalady, also that Bellasnana was able to have her dental emergency dealt with.

I expect you're having a happy trip, Pantglas2; Chester is a super city. Safe journey, brook2704 after your holiday.
Belated birthday greetings to you, grandMattie! Thoughts with Kalu and others with mountains to climb.

I shall have to miss Wednesday Club as I have an on screen meeting with a physiotherapist this afternoon regarding my arthritic knee. With the weather being so stormy, I'm glad I don’t have to travel to the hospital.

Happy hump day! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Ashcombe Wed 27-Mar-24 06:00:07

…. a breezy, showery Torbay! 🙄

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 27-Mar-24 06:00:28

Good morning, still dark outside but I guess we will have sun, rain and the ever present wind.

Home tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 27-Mar-24 06:02:54

Good morning from Malta where we expect another windy day with a high of 23°C.

Yesterday I managed to get an appointment at the dentist as I had lost a filling. I expected to get it filled and go on my merry way, however after an x-ray revealed the tooth was badly decayed I was then given a choice of eye-wateringly expensive options to deal with it. I opted for a root treatment so spent a good hour and a half with my mouth open being treated.

Felt quite shell -shocked after all that and have to return in three weeks for round 2! The numbness didn’t wear off for five hours by which time I was starving!

I thought about karmalady and hope all went well. It’s nobody’s favourite way to spend time is it.😩

Today I am going to Valletta to meet up with one of my numerous Canadian cousins and her family. We have never actually met before so it will be lovely.

Today would have been my eldest sister’s birthday so I’ve shed a few tears this morning. I miss both my sisters so much. Blessed to have had them but so hard to live without them.

I was very sad to read about Kalu’s DH yesterday. Having been in a similar situation with my own late DH my heart really goes out to her and all who are caring for sick loved ones.💐

Have the best day you can lovely people.☀️

grandMattie Wed 27-Mar-24 06:05:08

Ash, my birthday is next month - I was talking about last year 🤣

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 27-Mar-24 06:26:06

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. The sky is blue but there’s rain in the air.
OH is going to look at cars today. He would like a 4x4 so he can move his bee equipment around more easily.
I may do a bit more baking. Not sure. I also have to finish a book report. I won’t be able to go to our Book Group tomorrow so will type up a report of what I’ve been reading over the last month. Basically Pepys’ Diaries and Catherine Coldstream’s book about being a nun.
Have a good day, especially those of you with difficulties and dentists!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 27-Mar-24 06:30:03

Good morning from the South Downs - another day forecast to be wet. Blimey I don’t think it has stopped since late September judging by what hasn’t been done in the garden.

I was reading yesterday about the amount of bumbles around and that if you see one looking dopey, leave it and don’t give it honey. I always give them honey😮😮, but apparently it is only honey bees who make honey (the clue is in the name I guess) and it might be full of pathogens that are harmful to bumbles. So I am sorry any bumble made sick by my ignorance.

Mice transportation still going strong yesterday I move a mum and her 6 young - they were all huddled at the bottom of an empty bird seed container.

Enjoyed my afternoon tea with 11 other friends - I am glad not to be working - it all sounds most stressful and unpleasant being a civil servant now, and the more senior you are the worst it seems to be.

Today a day of poodling - JO Broccoli pasta for supper, which is much tastier than it sounds. Oh yes I am defrosting the freezer (hate doing that)

Enjoy your day

Whitewavemark2 Wed 27-Mar-24 06:31:40

Peace and harmony

I quickly posted early as it began to get unstable and i might have lost it.

It only ever happens on GN.

Ashcombe Wed 27-Mar-24 06:39:54

grandMattie

*Ash*, my birthday is next month - I was talking about last year 🤣

Sorry, brain not fully in gear, to use a driving expression!

Mizuna Wed 27-Mar-24 06:42:38

Good morning from a damp, still Cornwall. Should have been going on holiday with my youngest grandchildren and parents for Easter but can't because of my breathing. Such a shame but they assure me we can do it again later in the year. Will distract myself with local trips.

Had a lovely lunch in the sun sitting out at Wetherspoons roof garden yesterday with a charity shop travel book called The Kindness of Strangers. I do miss my treks further afield but it was nice reading about others' exploits and how friendly people are when you're travelling. Today I'll be back at W's to meet a friend for coffee and a good catch up. Maybe not on the roof garden though, unless it stops raining!

TopsyIrene06 Wed 27-Mar-24 06:49:18

Just caught up with yesterday's thread and popped in to say my thoughts are with you Kalu. I totally understand your sadness.

The weather here in the Southside doesn't help as it's so cold here and by the looks of it, windy but no snow as yet.

cornergran Wed 27-Mar-24 06:50:59

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, windy corner of Somerset.

Conservatory cleared we wandered to a marina where securing a window table we could sit with coffee and people watch in comfort. I’ll be hiding while the work is done today, as it’s due to begin by 9 we may get to begin the putting back process late afternoon - or we may leave it until tomorrow. I keep muttering it will be worth it, not sure I believe that right now.

Look after yourselves karmalady and bellasnana, you both get an award for courage in the face of dentistry.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Gingster Wed 27-Mar-24 07:13:35

Good morning all and it’s looking fairly bright at the moment. Rain due later. We had bucket loads last evening.

I’m awaiting a message from Dd whether or not I’m taking little DGD to school. She’s leaving it a bit late as traffic is so bad around here.

Later I’ll go to Mass and then up to town. Market day so skate wings to be bought for tea. I’ll buy Easter eggs and ‘drinks’ from Holland and Barrett for Dd. Thyey are full of ‘goodness’ (knows what) and she enjoys them if she can’t eat.

Dh might go fishing (weather dependant).

Hope your mouth settles down Karma brave lady. And you to Bellasnanna. 🏆🏆. my idea of ‘hell’. . Just can’t do it, so have to look for sedation. 🙄.

Look after your back GG . Be careful on your hols. 👍.

Kalu 💐.
*Shame about your holiday Mizuna. Fingers crossed for later in the year.
Take care all 🌷

Greyduster Wed 27-Mar-24 07:16:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from damp and dreary South Yorkshire. Yesterday’s weather was very pleasant. We are now in for a spell of rainy days - of course we are; it’s the Easter holidays!
Writers group at the library today. I’m hoping they’ll accept half a poem because I can’t seem to finish it. My muse has scarpered!
Have the best day you can folks.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Mar-24 07:16:32

Morning all from S E Essex where the sky is a brilliant blue but rather chilly (6)

Off to Sainsbury’s first thing, then I will
attempt the ironing and sort clothes for our family break.

I will be absent from GN until we are home again. I hope you all enjoy Easter however you are spending the holiday 🐇🐣🙋‍♀️

Pittcity Wed 27-Mar-24 07:19:10

Good morning Colchester. It's been raining and will again later but at present it's dry.
I'm holding the fort at Wednesday morning coffee today as lots of our regulars will be absent. It's an open meetup so we try to make sure that someone is there in case of any newbies.
Love to all 🦩 x

Alygran Wed 27-Mar-24 07:21:01

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s pouring down. I wish I had cut the lawns after book club yesterday…oh well.
Off to Saltburn today to meet a friend who lives up on the coast. We usually walk along the pier and the prom before having fish and chips. So I’m not sure what we will do today.
Have a good day everyone.

Grandmabatty Wed 27-Mar-24 07:21:19

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 2° with heavy rain coming from the east. It's a return to winter. Mizuna that's a pity you have missed out on a holiday. Whitewave cleaning the fridge and freezer is my most hated job too. Karma and Bellasnana Welp done on getting through dental procedures.
Yesterday was another good day with the boys. Dgs2 is a comical wee chap and dgs1 never stops talking to me! Dgs2 is catching up though. He has fully recovered from his surgery and subsequent ear infections. Dgs1 and I had a short visit to the swings while sail took dgs2 to the doctor for a checkup. It reminded me of us doing that just a couple of years ago. Time goes by so quickly.
Today is my staying home day and, looking at the weather, I'm happy to do so. I have cards for Easter to write,so I'll do that. Then potter about. I wish you all a good day.

Grandmabatty Wed 27-Mar-24 07:23:04

Grannygravy enjoy your holiday with family. Safe journey home to Brook

Jaxjacky Wed 27-Mar-24 07:30:58

Morning from a bright S Hants but the clouds are gathering, it was wet yesterday all afternoon/evening.
Dentists, 😱very brave karma and Bella.
We’ve accepted one quote for our en-suite refurbishment, the plumber is calling in tomorrow to talk schedules.
MrJ is off to a bowls lunch today, I’ll just faff about indoors, the garden is waterlogged.
🦩🦩