Gransnet forums

Chat

What annoys you about yourself?

(96 Posts)
Cornishgirl777 Sat 20-May-17 11:30:43

As a lighthearted antidote to to stressful time recently,I was wondering what little things you do or say that annoy you?

I put one hand in an oven glove,then wonder why I can't lift the dish out of the oven...I'll start a household job even though I know I won't have time to finish it,and come back to the ironing board left out and to small mountain range of washing to be sorted.

cornergran Sat 20-May-17 12:04:55

I have procrastination down to a fine art and then get ratty because I havent done what needs doing. I should be doing admin now grin

Luckygirl Sat 20-May-17 12:18:22

All the bits that don't work!!!!

Christinefrance Sat 20-May-17 12:35:39

I fly off the handle and overreact then I'm sorry.

Jane10 Sat 20-May-17 13:00:16

I sometimes wish I could hide my feelings. However, if something or someone pisses me off they tend to know about it. I'm no loss to the diplomatic corps!!

NonnaW Sat 20-May-17 13:01:41

My lack of willpower.

Anniebach Sat 20-May-17 13:03:35

I cannot accept betrayal of trust

ninathenana Sat 20-May-17 13:09:12

I'm too emotional and to be honest lazy.

ninathenana Sat 20-May-17 13:12:34

Annie I wouldn't be annoyed with myself for that. Betrayal is never acceptable.

gillybob Sat 20-May-17 13:12:40

Everything about ME annoys me!

It annoys me that I am a miserable cow, it annoys me that I have such a negative outlook on everything, it annoys me that I find it hard to say no, even when I really don't want to do something.

I am the original Noid !

Gymstagran Sat 20-May-17 13:29:39

It annoys me when I'm grumpy and I stress too much about always being on time

DanniRae Sat 20-May-17 13:42:52

I just want to be braver about EVERYTHING!!

Greyduster Sat 20-May-17 14:04:22

I wish I could be the opposite of jane10 and not be quite such a diplomat, at pains to keep everyone on side with everyone else and not to upset anyone. My views have become so anodyne in recent years that I feel I don't have an opinion worth expressing anymore. I want to break out of my box, but I can't.

kittylester Sat 20-May-17 14:11:35

Are you my twin gd? I thought it came with being a mum - keep the peace at all costs!

That's why I dintventure onto political threads - I know hat I think but I never argue my corner!

Jane10 Sat 20-May-17 14:34:24

gd and kitty- its my face that does it. It seems to have a will of its own. If I'm really angry I tend not to speak at all for fear of saying something awful that can never be unsaid. Och!

sunseeker Sat 20-May-17 14:39:38

Nothing - I am practically perfect!! sorry I think the meds are wearing off. grin

Actually, I'm annoyed that I don't do the things I plan in a day, putting things off instead of just getting on with it and then beating myself up for being lazy.

KatyK Sat 20-May-17 14:44:19

I worry myself into a frenzy over things that really quite minor. I'm scared of everything and I'm a wimp 99% of the time. I let things fester and then blow my top at people who haven't really done anything wrong. I'm not all bad though I hope smile

tinaf1 Sat 20-May-17 14:49:12

I procrastinate too much and get annoyed with myself and I wish I wasn't so cynical worse now I'm older

tinaf1 Sat 20-May-17 14:51:12

Posted too soon I am going to give myself a good talking too ?

Nelliemoser Sat 20-May-17 14:54:40

I get very angry at myself when things go wrong or I cannot get things, technology etc to work or mislay things. Angry out of all proportion to the issue concerned.
I swear a lot! I really swear a lot at these things that go wrong and tend to blame myself and then feel stupid. sad

LadyGracie Sat 20-May-17 16:25:25

I have a very short fuse. I also have a big backside! Both annoy me

Tizliz Sat 20-May-17 17:37:12

I get stressed too easily then get a migraine which stresses me more, wish I could be more laid back

BBbevan Sat 20-May-17 17:48:23

I am impatient. Always very early for anything. I must have wasted hours of my life sitting waiting for appointments, trains, buses etc.

Riverwalk Sat 20-May-17 18:08:23

Too many things to mention - primarily the ability to say no to sourdough bread grin

I'm off out to dinner soon and just know that I won't be able to resist!

hulahoop Sat 20-May-17 18:55:18

I have no willpower and don't like to "rock the boat" when I know sometimes things need saying .