Gransnet forums

Chat

Inspirational quotes

(66 Posts)
hopeful1 Mon 24-Sep-18 07:19:58

My 4 year old GS often gives me some interesting insights into his world. Just lately, every time we go anywhere, he tells me "this is the BEST day of my life". So much so I have written this on the calender to remind me not to take life so seriously or granted! Wise words from someone so young. What inspirational quotes help you through life?

Marydoll Mon 24-Sep-18 07:31:13

My two and a half year old granddaughter keeps saying to me: Gran, you are my favourite old lady in the whole, wide, world!
It gives me such a warm feeling. I just ignore the old part
grin

NannyJan53 Mon 24-Sep-18 08:29:27

grin Marydoll

My DGD4 when she was 5 (she is now 7), asked her Mum, what are the 5 senses?

DD listed them, sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. DGD then said 'what about sense of humour'? smile

Says it all really.

Jane10 Mon 24-Sep-18 08:34:34

Hmmmmm. I try very hard to be the best Gran a child could want. DH, however, is a grumpy old man. He takes a very firm line with the DGSs. He allows no nonsense whatsoever and is (I think) unreasonably strict. Result? They adore him and recently said that, 'Grandad is their favourite person in the whole world!'
Och!

sodapop Mon 24-Sep-18 09:08:06

I can relate to that Jane10 so unfair. ?

ChaosIncorporated Mon 24-Sep-18 09:16:48

Five year old DGS greeted me at the door with a huge hug and "you are my Ninja-gran"! Apparently he has a library book of the same name.
I am still not sure what DD added to the story to convince him, however I have told him I am still in training so he is currently teaching me his ninja moves grin

As to your question about inspirational quotes hopeful ... my favourite has always been ^Smile! it kills time between disasters^

farview Mon 24-Sep-18 09:41:03

Mine is:-
Wherever you go
there you are....

aggie Mon 24-Sep-18 09:43:30

My Mums favourite , said through gritted teeth , God helps those that help themselves !

TwiceAsNice Mon 24-Sep-18 10:14:27

"If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got"

Put another way" It's a sign of insanity to believe you can do the same thing over and over and get the same result"

I guess some people never learn and some are just creatures of habit!

Maggiemaybe Mon 24-Sep-18 10:24:18

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

Almost all my favourite inspirational quotes come from the Hundred Acre Wood. smile

Anniebach Mon 24-Sep-18 10:39:47

If you keep doing what your doing you will keep getting what you get.

Situpstraight1 Mon 24-Sep-18 10:49:14

Change the changeable
Accept the unchangeable
And remove yourself from the unacceptable

Parsley3 Mon 24-Sep-18 10:49:15

“What’s for you will not go by you.” said in a Glaswegian accent by my Granny.

PECS Mon 24-Sep-18 10:50:07

My wise, but not highly educated, lovely mum always said, " It is not the experience you have but what you learn from it that counts"

TwiceAsNice Mon 24-Sep-18 10:57:04

Sorry just re read my post "get a different result" not the same!

B9exchange Mon 24-Sep-18 11:03:17

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken - Oscar Wilde

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present Bill Keane

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

That last one was written by Helen Keller, born both totally blind and deaf. Her approach to life is a total inspiration, but I fall short so often!

Carmel46 Mon 24-Sep-18 11:08:50

My GD aged three recently said to me "It makes me happy when you come to my house Grandma". What a delightful thing to say. I was smiling for the rest of the day

Coconut Mon 24-Sep-18 11:15:19

If there is righteousness in the heart there will be beauty in the character
If there is beauty in the character there will be harmony in the home
If there is harmony in the home there will be order in the nation
If there is order in the nation there will be love and peace in the world ......

Sheilasue Mon 24-Sep-18 11:24:33

My gd lives with us, she is now 18 when she was young I remember so many things she would say, that were so sweet
One was always I love living with you nana and grandad.
And also love you to the stars nana. Still get a cuddle now and then.

Apricity Mon 24-Sep-18 11:34:20

On a glorious sunny day a friend and I were waiting at a bus stop in Ireland. My friend, who has poor sense of direction, was asked by a fellow traveller where she was going to which she replied that she didn't know. The response in a broad Irish accent was "And what a beautiful day it is to not know where you're going." A motto for life. ☘️

anitamp1 Mon 24-Sep-18 11:34:35

Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver, the other gold.

Willow10 Mon 24-Sep-18 11:34:47

'This too, shall pass' (be it good or not so good).

Squiffy Mon 24-Sep-18 11:53:47

The smallest good deed is better than the best good intention.

krazykat Mon 24-Sep-18 11:55:00

If you cant change something, change the way you think about it

loopyloo Mon 24-Sep-18 11:59:55

From the film with Julie Walters, Ahead of the class, Hold your nerve. Often I panic about things, then that makes me stop and think.