Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-Dec-18 06:30:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, dry and maybe cold outside in brackley , yesterday everything sort of went wrong, bus broke down, so changed my plans a bit , but today I will pursue to do as I had planned .
Mick

Mapleleaf Wed 12-Dec-18 06:40:12

Good morning mick and all who follow.
I’ve been awake since 5am for some reason, so have been waiting for the good morning thread to open!
It looks dry outside, and Venus is shining brightly in the sky.
Just made myself a hot drink so sipping that as I post. Just might try and snuggle down for an hour after it, but knowing me will get up and have breakfast instead.
Lazy day today after a lovely day out with my friend yesterday. Have done most of my Xmas cards now so will pop out and post them later, then start wrapping gifts - which I’ve been trying to do for the last week! tchgrin
Hope today is a good day for you all.

oldgaijin Wed 12-Dec-18 06:47:12

Morning all from a windy Aberdeenshire...that's probably what woke me. Am going for a posh birthday lunch with three chums, so that should be good fun. Ceramics class tonight so Christmas project has to be completed. Have a good day all.

ninathenana Wed 12-Dec-18 06:52:24

Morning Mick Maple leaf and everyone to follow.

I'm sitting looking at Venus through the patio doors Mapleleaf, and light is just beginning to creep over the horizon.
It's dry in Kent, a bit of a nip in the air though.
Not much planned, enjoy whatever your doing.

cornergran Wed 12-Dec-18 06:53:26

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, chilly, dry corner of Somerset. Bits and bobs today before an NT house after dark trip this evening. Hope your day goes to plan Mick and Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Wed 12-Dec-18 07:01:43

Good Morning all!

It's too dark to see what the weather is doing here on the south coast. Hopefully it's a repeat of yesterday's lovely sunny day. It is definitely colder but then this is winter.

Fred the painter has finished, been paid and gone. He has done a first class job and I am chuffed to bits with my new decor. I 've even grown quite fond of the smell of paint! I set to and put out some decs. last night and will do the twiggy, sparkly tree today. Feeling quite festive now!

It's the choir Christmas party this evening and I am doing a recitation. They always ask me to do one as my Yorkshire accent seems to appeal to my southern choir colleagues! We always had to do "a turn" at family gatherings when I was a child so I am not phased by it at all.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Marydoll Wed 12-Dec-18 07:02:09

Good morning all, no Venus here in Glasgow, too cloudy.

I'm up and out early to go to Edinburgh to meet the Edinburgh grans.
I'm looking forward to it and DH is coming with me me, as we are staying overnight.

We had an exhausting day with DGD yesterday, who is coughing non stop due to her asthma. She is usually a happy, loving wee girl, but yesterday she was a FIEND! ?
All joking aside we are very concerned about her.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

Blue45Sapphire Wed 12-Dec-18 07:03:05

Good morning all; feels very cold here in Northampton, but at least it's dry as I have a 20 minute walk today to the garden centre and back for a Christmas lunch. Had a nice time yesterday at social club lunch, especially as we all had a free drink!
Going to DD'S Christmas choir concert tonight which I am looking forward to.
Hope you have more luck today with your errands * Mick*!

annsixty Wed 12-Dec-18 07:10:49

Good morning all. I love hearing about all your excursions as I have been unable to get out for so long, however I now am able so today I am off to Nottingham for a 2 night stay.
I am so looking forward to it.
It is dark and cold in Stockport but dry . I hope the Edinburgh grans enjoy their meetup. I may join you some day.

NannyJan53 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:17:31

Good Morning from a Cloudy and chilly Black Country.

Had a lovely afternoon tea with U3A at The Mount Hotel in Wolverhampton.

Then had a call from DD that her MIL had a heart attack and was in hospital! As far as I know she is comfortable after having a stent fitted.

Meeting up with DM and her two sisters for a Christmas meal today.

Enjoy your trip to Nottingham Ann it is a lovely city . I would love to join the Edinburgh Grans too, but it is quite a journey from the Midlands.

I hope your DGD is well soon Mary it is so upsetting to see our little ones poorly.

Have a lovely day everyone.

NanKate Wed 12-Dec-18 07:20:32

Morning Mick and All.

Cold and cloudy in South Bucks today.

Off for a blood test and to finish off some Christmas shopping.

Sorry you had a stressful day with your little one yesterday Mary. You may find as she grows up her health problems improve. Our 5 year old who was always coughing and had a perpetual runny nose when in his first few years seems to have improved and his skin which was covered in all sorts of nasty irruption is now so much clearer. Have a lovely day with the GN crew in Edinburgh. What fun an overnight stay too.

Hope your plans go smoothly today Mick.

Greyduster Wed 12-Dec-18 07:27:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. As Maple says, still dark but clear. I have also been awake since the early hours. No idea why. I am having a shopping day today with DD. It will either be a lot of fun, or a complete disaster, but I hope somewhere in all that there will be a nice lunch! Have a nice day folks!

Greyduster Wed 12-Dec-18 07:30:42

Ann enjoy your two nights away - a break will do you good!

EllanVannin Wed 12-Dec-18 07:33:35

Good Morning All. x
On feeding the old stray cat outside this morning it was quite fresh,weatherwise,but dry, though I couldn't see much else being so dark.

A lovely sight in the sky yesterday---the " Beluga" Airbus. So clumsy looking but graceful at the same time. Like a snub-nosed dolphin, quite low so it must have landed at Liverpool.

Deliveries yesterday by my fav. Royal Mail man, so lovely and pleasant and has been delivering parcel mail for the last 6 years. It made my day !

More shopping later when D arrives-------it's all these children !

Hope all is well with everyone.

Willow10 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:40:59

Good morning all. Still dark in East Northants but dry. Finished most of the wrapping yesterday, just waiting for one more parcel to arrive. Archery club followed by annual Christmas lunch today. Disappointed that it clashed with great granddaughters first nativity - she is an angel. Would much rather have seen her, but have been promised photo's - if the school allow! I'm doubtful though, everything is so PC these days - no making memories allowed! Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Wed 12-Dec-18 07:43:08

Good morning from Birmingham. I can see a pretty pink sky out of the window at my partner’s house. I’m hoping to finalise our plans for a trip to the Basque Country in April, then I’ll meet a friend for lunch. No other plans today, apart from tackling the cupboard under the sink (aaargh!)

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:54:57

Morning all. Not looked out yet. Coffee morning this morning in town.

Brunette10 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:54:57

Good morning everyone from a dark and damp Fife. To be dry I think for the rest of the day though so that's good. Had a bad night's sleep but have a Christmas Lunch waiting for me in Edin with other grans so maybe it was just the excitement of it all. Whatever your plans are for today I hope your day is enjoyable. tchsmile

kittylester Wed 12-Dec-18 07:55:57

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is very cold with a brisk wind.

Currently in the MRI waiting room while DH has his turn then a little bit of shopping for some last bits. All we have left is the big sdgs - probably vouchers again!

This afternoon we are going to see Bertie and Persie in their Christmas production - only possible because they are in the same one so double ticket allocation!!

Enjoy Nottingham Ann - wave as you go past!

Sar53 Wed 12-Dec-18 08:00:23

Good morning everyone from a cold Essex by the sea. I was unwell during the night, feel ok'sh this morning, very strange. Will be off to see OH in hospital this morning, hoping his blood pressure has risen and that he can be more mobile today.
Presents to finish wrapping later.
Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Dec-18 08:02:57

Early start for you Kitty. Hope all is well. When do you get results?

kittylester Wed 12-Dec-18 08:06:02

Hi dragonfly, biopsy NYE, 8th Jan for results. We left home at 6.50!!! tchshocktchshock

Urmstongran Wed 12-Dec-18 08:29:30

Good morning everyone.

harrigran Wed 12-Dec-18 08:51:20

Good morning, overcast and gloomy today.
GD's carol service in Durham cathedral this afternoon, damp eyes all round.
I didn't manage to get the tree up yesterday. DS and DIL were away at the school meeting for two hours last evening so it was quite late when I got home. Sat on the sofa and watched Mrs Wilson.
That was an early start kitty, hope you can rest later.

annsixty Wed 12-Dec-18 09:05:42

Good vibes being sent to Dragonfly for tomorrow and Mrkl for his results.
An emotional time for all.