Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Jun-20 06:16:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear blue sky with cloud at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , shop queing seems to be cooling down in respect of certain shops.
I popped to Boots yesterday to pick up prescriptions and walked straight in , stood on the respective mark usual details asked for , picked them up walked out , told next person I had been only customer.
Also had confirmation of my 2nd show trip refund .
Will be interesting as of June 15th with face masks on public transport with possible fines for those without them on , mind you that is when all non essential shops reopen .
Take Care ,and be Safe
Mick

grandMattie Fri 05-Jun-20 06:23:08

Good morning. It is grey and cold in EKent. We had a sprinkling of rain last night, enough to clear the air but certainly not enough for the garden.
Pleased that you are getting your refunds mick.
Nothing today. I might prepare diamond shapes for a new square for a quilt If I CBA. Don’t seem to have much motivation, especially as the painters are now moving into the living quarters.
My DS1 thinks he’s managed to find a direct flight from Delhi to London. I think I persuaded him that it was ok to come. Fingers crossed we’ll see him in July.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Jun-20 06:36:47

Good morning Mick and all. It's a strange morning in Cheshire at the moment with dark grey sky and rain at the front of the house,but bright sky at the back. It rained heavily yesterday and overnight so I think that's enough now!

It is beginning to ease in the shops here too Mick and my neighbour was at school yesterday in preparation for a return the week after next and said she was impressed by the measures put in place. However, when the children return it will be a different dynamic.

I'm busy with a work project which had been a long time coming and now I have to get my head down. Trying to decide whether to buy a desk and chair, as I'm currently working propped up with cushions and laptop on my lap. Working at the dining table makes my back ache.

First a wet ramble through the woods with neighbours to set me up for the day. Have a good day everyone and stay safe if you're out and about.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Jun-20 06:40:55

x posts there grandMattie. How wonderful that he's coming home soon. That will boost your morale and your DH will feel happier.

Puzzler61 Fri 05-Jun-20 06:42:23

Good morning Mick and All.
Sunshine is streaming into the bedroom and the trees are swaying so it’s a fair breeze blowing. Mick, good to know your refunds are rolling, maybe buy yourself a treat when the non-essential shops open?

I ordered real Cornish pasties from our favourite shop in Marazion. They were sent up overnight and will be delivered to our doorstep this morning.
What a wonderful service! 4 will go in the freezer, and 2 will be on our plates for tea tonight.

Have a contented, safe day - the weekend is in sight. ? ?

NfkDumpling Fri 05-Jun-20 06:42:33

Morning All

Dark clouds are scudding overhead and the garden beds are a little damp so we must have had a little rain overnight. The patio is dry though - probably due to the brisk chilly wind.

It’s not really the right weather for our invitation for coffee this morning at a friends house! Do we re-arrange, wear hats and scarves, or sneak inside and sit indoors? Their lounge is huge and long so enough room for social distancing. Hum, tempting!

Beechnut Fri 05-Jun-20 06:43:23

Good Morning everyone. It’s cloudy and cool on Severnside this morning.

I think I’ll make a couple of facemasks to keep in my handbag should I be requested to wear one somewhere. Will you start up your bus journeys Mick?

Off to shop today. The last couple of weeks I’ve found I have slipped back into my old weekly shop routine. I feel happier about that.

FaceTime this afternoon with my brother and SiL so I’m looking forward to that.

Have the best day you can all with worries and such ?

Beechnut Fri 05-Jun-20 06:46:55

Could you buy the chair to use at the dining table Ginny.

cornergran Fri 05-Jun-20 06:54:35

Morning Mick, morning All. The weather can’t decide in our corner of Somerset. Blustery wind, dark clouds, light clouds and some blue sky. Nothing planned for today. We need another project to focus on, not sure what though. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 07:00:26

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? I’m sat up in bed drinking my first cuppa of the day. Himself has gone off for his walk. This is the view I have each morning from my bed! Lovely.

Nice to have you back again jacq10 we’ve missed you! Hope you are feeling better after the nasty fall you had. Tilly you must be SO disappointed not to be in Paris right now. A beautiful city and I read yesterday that their cafe bars are now open too! Hopefully life if getting back to normal in many places now, slowly but surely. EV I was saddened to hear about your granddaughter. I hope some diagnosis and appropriate medication can be arrived at to help her on her way in life. She must be such a worry for you all, especially now. harrigran I laughed out loud at the carrot that came in your shopping ‘enough for a snack for a rabbit’ indeed! grandMattie I’m delighted for you both that your son is thinking of boarding that flight from Delhi. You’ll be glad to have him home.

gillybob you’re right when you said we must be feeling as though we are on permanent holiday over here! It’s a guilt-free way of enjoying the Spanish lifestyle for sure. Hope you got that big order yesterday at your on line meeting.

We didn’t go anywhere yesterday! I just read my Hilary Mantel novel all day #lazygran It’s 900 pages and I’m up to 780. Wonderful writing.

No plans today as yet. Will see how the day unfolds.

Hope Friday (already - really??) is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 07:02:39

Forgot the photo. Here’s my morning view while I drink my tea. Those aren’t bars at the window by the way, just vertical blinds!
?

harrigran Fri 05-Jun-20 07:08:36

Good morning from an overcast NE, dry but it must have rained overnight.
Had a long conversation with my sister yesterday, her DH remains in ICU and the prognosis is not good.
DH travelled to our other home to check that everything had been cleared and to read the meters. When he returned from his four hour round trip the sale was complete, what a relief it went smoothly considering neither solicitor was at work.
Quiet day today and then video call with family tonight.
Take care.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Jun-20 07:18:49

Beechnut thanks for the suggestion,it's worth considering, but I think I wouldn't be able to fit my legs under the table. I have a room in what was the garage, but there is no window. It's looking as though I may have to work in there. It's well insulated, heated and decorated. I had it done as a playroom for my GS where he can set up his trains and watch TV etc. He won't be coming for a while as it involves a flight. At least I'd be able to spread papers out in there. Thanks again.

Sar53 Fri 05-Jun-20 07:20:59

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea. We had very heavy rain overnight, the first for weeks. The grass certainly needs it. It looks like straw.
My DGD's first day back at school went well. There were 10 in her classroom and she said they didn't see any of the other classes at all.
DH has a big team meeting online later but I have no plans today.
I'm sure we will go out walking later if the rain holds off and I've just started a new puzzle.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 07:22:54

Apologies harrigran for focusing on the carrot (your comment of which which made me smile yesterday) and not the anxiety for your brother in law. Your poor sister, coping alone abroad at such an upsetting time. It must be a tough time for you right now.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 05-Jun-20 07:30:26

Good morning from east London, sun is shining, there’s blue sky out there and it’s cool and breezy. Will I be wearing my shorts to play tennis this morning or is it back to leggings. If there was rain yesterday, I missed it. Choir was a good lively session last night, thanks to our lovely energetic leader; we’re working on a song which will become this year’s video but yet to find out how she’ll pull it together. We’d need a rather big space if we were to meet and socially distance. Time for another cup of tea, hope you have a good day.

ninathenana Fri 05-Jun-20 07:32:08

Good morning all.
The pavements are damp from some over night drizzle in Kent. We need more though.
I actually have a task to do today rather than aimless pottering. I need to sort through some old photos.
Enjoy whatever you do.

Gelisajams Fri 05-Jun-20 07:34:14

Good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. We have delayed our walk till later when it hopefully brightens up. Visited 2 year old DGS7 the youngest of our grandchildren yesterday. We sat in the garden and DGS was running round with a sweeping brush, sweeping the soil and the grass. The brush was filthy. Suddenly the window cleaners appeared through the gate and duly cleaned all the windows. They left, and DGS ran to the newly cleaned patio doors and began “cleaning” them with his dirty brush! All we could do was laugh!
Take care everyone and stay safe.?

jacq10 Fri 05-Jun-20 07:41:51

Good morning Mick and followers. Bit damp and grey up here in the north of Scotland - snail and slug heaven! Will probably be seeing the dreaded Spanish slug which invaded the garden the last two years - the only thing to come out of Spain Urstongran that I don't like. Still struggling with the after effects of my fall (six weeks in tomorrow) but getting there. Large bag of rhubarb left at back door yesterday so will need to do something with that. Would rather not do crumbles as trying to lose some of the excess weight gained due to not walking daily. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and copes with ongoing situations - it's not easy for many.

harrigran Fri 05-Jun-20 07:46:06

No apology needed Urmston, we need a bit of light relief. DH found the carrot because he was trying to fold up the Sainsbury carrier bags, one tiny orange carrot in an orange bag and he couldn't smoothe the lump out.

grannysyb Fri 05-Jun-20 07:55:10

Grey and chilly here. Looking out of the kitchen window I can see that the lysimachia is drooping so I must water the garden today. We haven't had any rain with mentioning for weeks now.Also need to go to the butcher and get some supplies.Hope you all have a good day.

Brunette10 Fri 05-Jun-20 07:59:24

Good Morning all from a rather chilly Fife. Think it my have been raining through the night as it looks quite damp outside. DDand 2 x DGs's may come along for a short visit today although it is very cold to be sitting outside for any length of time. Will wait and see. Other than that nothing exciting planned at all. DH under the floor yesterday and did what he had to do with the plumbing. Goodness knows what he will want to do today wink. Hoping everyone is keeping well and safe. Thinking of all those with worries, keep your chin up, it will get better.

Lins1066 Fri 05-Jun-20 08:04:28

Morning Mick and all, dry with some sun and some cloud here on the S Welsh coast.
It is bin day and the pesky seagulls have ripped some bags open in our cul de sac. Will phone our local butcher at 8.30 with an order for delivery today. Not much on the cards here today other than make a cauliflower cheese for later.
Stay safe.

brook2704 Fri 05-Jun-20 08:07:46

Good morning everyone from a dull cloudy Inverness. No sign yet of the weather improving up here but he ho that’s the Scottish weather !

Nothing planned for today, except the usual online exercise classes and pottering in the garden if it’s not raining , I’ll need to think of something else to do though, maybe a trip to the garden centre is on the cards for later.

I’d happily sit in DD2 garden with my jumper and wellies but I think I’d be on my own... ?

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care if out and about ?

GrannySomerset Fri 05-Jun-20 08:12:09

Just off to do weekly Tesco shop; the queue will be distinctly chilly in the brisk wind but needs must.

Some overdue weeding yesterday and I must have got a thorn in my right forefinger because this morning it is swollen and red and really sore. Not quite sure what I ought to do about it other than bathe it.

Hope we all have a positive day if we can.