Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Tue 14-Jul-20 06:12:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey over Brackley this morning but dry at present time .
I will go into Buckingham only today until bus services return to a normal programme.
Planning a weekend break , first time of booking online ,anyway original hotel plan not possible , so looked at other options for Harrogate , but have managed to book in a week later than planned but hoping to change it , next step once that is confirmed pre book rail travel .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Tue 14-Jul-20 06:20:02

Well done Mick - Harrogate here you come!

Lovely and cool here in Andalusia where we will have to wear masks outdoors from tomorrow, regardless of distance! Had a lovely day on Carihuela beach yesterday with Gambas Pil-Pil for lunch x ?. Don’t know if I saw you Urmstongran! Funny isn’t it?

Welcome to the newbies and glad to see Marydoll posting again- when Miss comes back to Skool we’ll know she’s ‘proplee betta’!

grandMattie Tue 14-Jul-20 06:34:14

Morning everyone from a grey E Kent. If the drizzcarries on, we shall have to cancel our outdoor t’ai chi classes.☹️
My word, Mick, you are getting adventurous. Mind you, we need more people like you. We have All become too timorous.
Pant your gambas sounds delicious!
I don’t sleep well and yesterday especially wanted my nap. As soon as I settled on the sofa, legs up, the most awful noise started. There are some huge sycamores the other side of the road And the owners are removing them. Occasionally. They did a couple of hours last week, then Saturday morning and yesterday early afternoon. A few branches at a time. Then a neighbour’s burglar alarm went... bye bye nap! Grrr.
Trust that today is gentle for everyone especially Marydoll, kitty, scentia et al. Stay safe.

Susan56 Tue 14-Jul-20 06:34:39

Good morning Mick,Pantglas and all to follow.

Just about to set off to Staffordshire to look after DGS.Its going to be a fun but long day!?

Hope you had good news yesterday gilly.

Sending good wishes to Marydoll,dragonfly,bluesapphire,Ellan and all feeling unwell or anxious ?

Have a good day all.

Puzzler61 Tue 14-Jul-20 06:35:08

Good morning Mick and Pants.
I hope your spirits have lifted Mick knowing you have a holiday booked to look forward to?

Pants Hola to you. Are you drinking a chamber pot of English tea while up your DH is doing his thing with his rubber bands? I had similar problem to him a couple of years ago and after diligently following the physio and using the bands (even now at times) I’m happy to say I got 360 deg. use of my shoulder back.

“Marydoll” we’re all thinking of you, not just as a sorely missed Maths teechur, but also as a valued poster on this thread. I hope you’re resting, not getting up to any field yomping antics with friends, but just looking into the far distance deep in relaxed thoughts. You’ll be gazing one day soon and your ‘oomph’ will come winging its way back to you and you’ll be looking for the condensed milk in your kitchen and turning out Tablet again.

Caring thoughts to all grans who are suffering (there are a few), and especially to morethan ?

Have a good day all. We are heading out at 10 am for a walk around a National Trust property. We’ve booked our slot!
?

Urmstongran Tue 14-Jul-20 06:37:39

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Yes, I thought that yesterday too Pantglas! Wearing of masks is obligatory everywhere - unless you are well distanced when walking outside. We have ours to hand but have never needed them strolling to and from the beach. Boy those sea horses yesterday! Loads of surfers in wetsuits enjoying it - reminded me of Cornwall.

Tuesday = my ladies who wine group this afternoon. Yay!

Have any of you heard of memory dolls? I hadn’t. But last Tuesday one of the group was telling us she was getting one. Her 94y old mum had died a couple of months ago and one of her sisters had arranged for the 3 sisters to have one each made. Apparently they are similar to rag dolls with the clothes made from materials from the deceased’s wardrobe. My friend said ‘I know it sounds a bit creepy but my sister sent me a photo of the 3 dolls and this is mine. I think it’s a nice idea. I’ve given her my mum’s middle name and here she is’.

I will post the photo in a minute. Apparently the dolls have a label attached listing what sources of material were used.

What do you think?

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Tue 14-Jul-20 06:43:52

Here she is.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 14-Jul-20 06:49:51

Morning all from South Notts. It's overcast but warm here. You're brave Mick and I hope it's enjoyable.
Those memory dolls sound really interesting Urmston - I've been thinking of making a teddy in like fashion but should finish my present projects first before I embark on anything else. Famous last words!
I may get my weekly visit today or I may not. However I'm never bored. Hope all goes well for everyone especially those who are ill or have worries,

Aldom Tue 14-Jul-20 06:50:23

Good morning Mick. Thank you for the welcome Pantglas. Looks as if we in UK will have to wear masks in shops soon. It's overcast here in the SE. I'm going to my daughter's this morning. The family are 17 miles from me. I will stay overnight. It's my grandson's school leaving assembly on Wednesday morning. I'm so pleased to be able to share this special occasion. The end of an era. A new chapter in his life begins in September. Marydol I send you kind thoughts ?. Thinking of all who have illness or problems. Gillybob how are you today. Have the best day you can everyone.

Scentia Tue 14-Jul-20 06:57:04

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is looking a bit grey.
Urms the dolls sound a bit creepy to me to be honest, but I never judge and ‘everyone to their own‘ as they say.
I got a message from DSiL yesterday to say he had bought me a gift and it was at theirs, he was away yesterday with work for a few weeks now, so in my infinite wisdom I decided to cycle the 8 miles there and 8 miles back to pick it up. Note to self ‘it is hillier than I thought and I am not as fit as I thought’ it took me over an hour each way! The gift was worth it though and I was grateful.
DD seemed a little low when I got there but claimed she was fine but yesterday was the first day she had been alone, she hadn’t got dressed all day it was 5.30pm and her and DGS had been watching movies most of the day. I will keep a watchful eye on her, I don’t want her to get too low.
It takes me so long to type my post I bet there are loads of posts above me already!
I will go to the shops today to try and get some masks in preparation for going to the shops. Not sure whether to try getting a reusable one from the ‘jungle online store’
Anyway folks, take care and smile as much as you can today, even if no one can see it behind your mask, it does show in the eyes!!

Beechnut Tue 14-Jul-20 06:57:13

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is cloudy and dry after the rain last evening.

I’ve not heard of dolls Urm but I have heard of bears and someone I know was making a quilt with her DH shirts.

After not eating chocolate for many weeks I have been fancying it since watching my DD eating a bar while we were FaceTiming on the weekend. I bought some and I never thought I’d see the day when I would say I did not enjoy a chocolate bar ?

A day indoors today for me and hoping the sun comes out.

Wishing you all well and hope you have a better day if feeling poorly or down ?

kittylester Tue 14-Jul-20 07:00:52

Morning all from a clammy North Leicestershire where there are a few dark clouds lurking.

Yesterday I sorted my silver out. I kept 3 nice pieces out and cleaned them but put the rest (with their stories) in the roof. I feel that I should point out that my silver is all small, mostly inherited, stuff like a thimble used by dmil, a couple of pickle forks, my nan's best t spoons and a lovely cream jug. So we are not worth burgling! grin

New tv coming today!!

Enjoy your days everyone!

Bellasnana Tue 14-Jul-20 07:07:28

Good morning from a very hot and sunny Malta.

Had a bit of a tricky week last week so haven’t caught up with you all.

Mick you are almost back to normal with your gallivanting! Hope you enjoy yourself but do take care.

Your memory doll is lovely, Urmston. I had memory cushions made for my DD’s and DGD when my husband died, same idea really. I will add a photo.

Not planning to do very much today. I’ve been out a lot lately, nothing exciting but the car had to go for service etc.

Kitty, how is your DD? My DD1 suffered terribly with gall bladder trouble and in the end had to have it removed as an emergency. She’s been fine since.

Have a good day. ☀️

MawB Tue 14-Jul-20 07:08:57

Good morning all from soggy N Bucks - gosh it really rained last night.
Despite being poorly Hattie slept well last night, the antibiotics and Metacam (nurofen for dogs) possibly combining plus exhaustion from her fever. I wouldn’t say I had the best night. Another check up at the vet this afternoon to see if she is responding to the a/b’s and if her temperature is down. I hope it is nothing worse than a UTI (bad enough) it has clearly made her feel wretched and the dark red wee scared the socks off me.
So a quiet day for us.
Wishing you all well.

Grammaretto Tue 14-Jul-20 07:11:41

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Warm with a fresh wind blowing.
It's a lovely doll Urmston . My DM never liked dolls so it wouldn't have been a keepsake for her. It has reminded me to phone some people I've not seen for months smile

Hoping everyone has the best day possible whatever you plan.

Puzzler61 Tue 14-Jul-20 07:12:04

Get well soon sweet Hattie ?

Urmstongran Tue 14-Jul-20 07:26:41

Poor little Hattie. She’s in good hands Maw. Hope she’s better soon. Our pets rely on us so much.

Bellasnanna good to see you back. Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling. I like the idea of a cushion. Nice to cuddle for comfort.

Beechnut what a lovely memory a quilt would make. Some clever ideas people have.

P.s. the memory doll isn’t mine. It belongs to my friend at LWW.
?

NanKate Tue 14-Jul-20 07:28:58

Morning Mick and All.

Grey but cool moving to warm later in South Bucks.

Sending a virtual hug to Marydoll hope you are feeling better day by day.

Now Kitty about your new telly. Hope the man sets it up for you as it said it would take 10 minutes with our new tv and it took us 2 and a half hours ?. It’s lovely though all bells and whistles. As my dear old mum would have said ‘It will last me out’.

Off to have my feet sorted this morning and then a Zoom meeting with my WI.

Scentia Tue 14-Jul-20 07:33:42

kitty I wasn’t going to rob you for your silver, but now you have a new telly, well???? as Nankate says, get the man to set it up for you it can be very confusing, I still can’t use ours properly!!

brook2704 Tue 14-Jul-20 07:41:40

Good morning all from Inverness where it’s cloudy but dry but not too cold.
Nothing much planned for today, I really need to make the effort to get out of my lockdown clothes, put some make up on and go out ?
The memory doll looks cute urms but a bit creepy for me ..
Hope you’re feeling much better soon marydoll and your DD too scentia
Have a good day everyone and take care whatever the day brings ?

Marydoll Tue 14-Jul-20 07:45:14

Good morning all from a breezy Glasgow. Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday and the PMs gave me such a boost.
Aldom, lovely to see you posting and you too Bellasnanna, we wondered if you were ok.

I'm still feeling pretty rotten, so another day of sofa lounging for me. I'm quite enjoying the guilt free lazing, however I would rather be out and about getting into mischief. ?

Thinking of all our dear friends who need our prayers and hugs. Scentia, I hope your DD is ok and Maw, wishing your lovely Hattie a speedy recovery.
Those of you with plans to meet family today, enjoy!

Lins1066 Tue 14-Jul-20 07:49:44

Good Morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast. Glad the rain has stopped, work starting on our new patio in the back garden this morning, it is being reconfigured a bit - enlarged and a small wall removed.
Hope that Hattie is better today and that all goes well at the vets Maw.
Stay safe everyone.

MellowYellow Tue 14-Jul-20 08:02:18

Morning everyone from a cloudy south Cornwall. This afternoon our Allotment Knitters group is meeting again, that is 6 out of the 10 of us, outside our coffee morning cabin on site. We're a new group, started when I knitted some vegetables for a charity coffee morning sale, and several allotment ladies decided they wanted to get together. Stymied by lockdown, so we're excited to be seeing each other today, and bringing our knitting! Better pick some peas while I'm over there, too. Hope your day goes well, everyone.

cornergran Tue 14-Jul-20 08:07:12

Morning Mick, morning all. Overnight rain has cleared leaving our corner of Somerset with a light grey sky. Could mean anything hmm. Should extract some dust, may not. Our lunch yesterday was relaxing and enjoyable, much care taken, staff delighted to see us. Fingers crossed for a positive visit to the vet for Hattie, maw. Suggest you both join marydoll on a sofa this morning. Be gentle with yourselves everyone and be careful out there.

Brunette10 Tue 14-Jul-20 08:08:54

Good Morning from a lovely sunny Fife. Hope it will remain like that for the day. Just off out to get some flowers for my friend's anniversary tomorrow, will do some cupboard shopping at the same time. Prefer getting there early. Nice to see Gn's back in the fold, well done! Thinking of all those who just don't feel like joining us at the moment, that's OK. Take care all.