Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Jul-20 06:13:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull outside this morning in Brackley .
Plans today go to the cemetery ,and replace silk flowers with flowers on the graves , feed the rose bush by my Dads grave.
Bus there and back .
Quiet day overall , await confirmation as to date change if possible for my break .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 15-Jul-20 06:22:13

Morning Mick and all to follow from a cool and light Andalusia where I’m enjoying the chamberpot ☕️ before doing my yoga ?‍♀️

I’m copying Urmstongran today and meeting Ladies on the Lash which makes me smile because at our age, we simply have some tapas for lunch and a couple of glasses of wine ? then wander back home to our husbands! Hardly on the razz is it?

Let there be good news on orders for Gillybob today and anyone else wanting things to get better x

grandMattie Wed 15-Jul-20 06:35:44

Good morning everyone from a bright E Kent. Itdrizzled all yesterday, but was very warm.
I’m incredibly busy today, don’t know how I’ll cope. ?
First I’m going to the supermarket, then to field to pick wild flowers for church on Sunday - sea lavender, wild fennel, yarrow, dock, etc., to which I shall add market flowers probs gladioli.
Then DS2 and DGS are coming in the afternoon for a short visit. Phew.
BTW Pant, I have a bucket of tea not a chamber pot.
May the day be gentle to you all. Stay safe.

Gelisajams Wed 15-Jul-20 06:49:41

Good morning from a cloudy North Sea! We are about an hour off landing at Lerwick in Shetland. Had a calm crossing, but will be glad to get on dry land having been on this boat since 3 o’ clock yesterday. It’s all very clinical on the boat with all the”extras” closed. We have to wait to be called before we can leave the ferry so there are no queues for the car deck.
Hoping our usual cafe is open for breakfast.
Thinking of all with problems especially Marydoll and praying for that elusive contract for Gillybob
Take care and stay safe.

Bellasnana Wed 15-Jul-20 06:49:41

Good morning everyone. It’s another hot, sunny day in Malta.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee today. I’m hoping the heat won’t be too bad since she will only sit outside due to her fear of covid. Anyway, will be nice to have a chat.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.☀️

Scentia Wed 15-Jul-20 06:52:18

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks a little grey out there today.
Tried in vain to get a home delivery for my shopping, no luck as I need some sort of delivery pass. I am really not looking forward to shopping in a mask, it makes my glasses steam up and I feel like I can’t breathe☹️ I may try a click and collect to see if I am eligible for one of those spots.
A full day at the factory today, it feels like normal as I am so busy there I had to turn down shifts at the children’s home for today and tomorrow, I would have preferred to go there for two days but the factory has to come first as that is what pays our bills. I do hope Gilly has managed to secure her order, I know what she means about being used we get some customers getting quotes just to go back to their current supplier and get them to lower prices. Very frustrating? so hope it comes good Gilly
Today I am also off to give blood and that requires a mask too ?
Now folks, today I’d the 15th of July we are well over halfway through this rubbish year, smile at least once today even if it is just at yourself. I can make myself laugh more than anyone, I do such silly things. ?

cornergran Wed 15-Jul-20 06:55:20

Morning Mick, , morning All. Bright start to our corner of Somerset. Garden taming today, mild and damp weather seems to have turned it into a jungle. Will pop back later for news from gilly and to see how marydoll is faring. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

mumofmadboys Wed 15-Jul-20 06:57:38

How lovely going to the Shetlands Gelisajams! Is that for a holiday or to visit family? I have never been but hope to.
It has rained overnight in Cumbria but just dull now. I am going cycling soon but I will have to do a different route as a section of the road is closed around Bassenthwaite. I will cycle down the Borrowdale valley this morning to the foot of the Honister pass.
Have a good day everyone and special thoughts for those who are ill or struggling with worries.

Beechnut Wed 15-Jul-20 06:59:04

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is cloudy and overcast.

My tea is in a regular mug ? and hope to drink it before it gets cold.

A bit of admin to do this morning and unless I go out into the front garden I will stay in the house as I am expecting a parcel.

I hope all will be good for good morningers today ?

grandMattie Wed 15-Jul-20 07:09:18

? Beech. I just drink mine, hot/cold,however until it’s finished, then make another.

kittylester Wed 15-Jul-20 07:10:25

Good morning all from a slightly cloudy North Leicestershire.

We have a really busy day today. DH sold the wheelbarrow in FB Marrketplace so that is being collected first thing. We could have sold it dozens of times. It is all part of clearing our house and garage before we get really, really old and DH is getting to be a dab hand at FB Marketplace and EBay.

I have a volunteer Zoom session and then DD1 and DGS3 & DGD1 are coming for brew in the garden.

Then DH's team are on TV and I have to do the dreaded supermarket shop.

Some of you asked about DD3 - she is on a waiting list for gall bladder surgery. Thank you for caring.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Pittcity Wed 15-Jul-20 07:14:40

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Wednesday meetup in the park this morning.

Brunette10 Wed 15-Jul-20 07:17:46

Good Morning from a dull and rather damp Fife. New flooring being laid today in our new kitchen so it's all coming along well. DD and DGS's coming along so will no doubt have a busy day which is good for me. Hopefully the rain won't stop us from getting out for a walk/park. Good to hear that people are making the effort to get out and about and travel again - enjoy! Hoping whatever today brings for you you are well and looking after yourself. Take care.

MellowYellow Wed 15-Jul-20 07:17:56

Morning everyone from an overcast south Cornwall. Got a two-year-old grandson arriving at 9, so his mum can take his 4 year-old-sister riding. Wish my hips would let me get on a horse again! We'll play with a big fort and soldiers someone left on the pavement as a freebie. He'll love that. Then maybe a swim in the sea if I can find the energy. A productive (or restful), peaceful day to all.

brook2704 Wed 15-Jul-20 07:23:29

Good morning everyone from a drizzling Inverness, hoping it’s going to dry up later.
Enjoy your trip to Shetland gelisajams and pleased the long ferry crossing wasn’t too bad, I’ve not been there yet but hope to one day!
I braved it and popped into town yesterday, lots of smaller shops still not open but the Eastgate shopping centre had just opened up. You have to wear your mask throughout the shopping centre and I think I inadvertently walked past a lady I know but didn’t recognise her with her mask on! ?
Hope everyone with worries and struggles has a kind day and take care whatever the day brings ?

NanKate Wed 15-Jul-20 07:25:42

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy day in South Bucks.

We had a successful Zoom meeting with my WI really enjoyed catching up with them.

Starting to sort clothes and catch up with paperwork before going on hols on Friday. Plus ironing. I wish I had Kitty here she is a dab hand at ironing.

Mellow Yellow your DGS will love the fort, have fun.

Hugs to Mary.

Puzzler61 Wed 15-Jul-20 07:28:52

Good morning Mick and all from cloudy Worcs.
First on my list is to wash my hair. When I passed the mirror this morning I see a Mohican style has developed in the night - not a good look to greet the postman when he calls.

I made Lasagnes yesterday and will deliver one to DD1 at midday. She’s got a heavy workload so it helps her to have a readymade tea now and again.

It’s eerily quiet outside, no bird song. The sparrows and blackbirds must be having a lie in.

Thinking of all who are feeling low or poorly, and hoping work picks up for gilly ‘s “place”.

A gentle hug for Marydoll, it’s a trying time for her and I truly hope she’s back on form soon. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 15-Jul-20 07:34:20

Good morning from east London, dull sunshine and mild. Don’t know what happened yesterday, bit of this, bit of that. I did order some masks though; I don’t like wearing them but needs must. When I looked up the company I ordered from, turns out their usual business is dog accessories, so good for them to have found something else to do. Tennis this morning, then visit to see DSD and her mum pencilled in for this afternoon with a walk likely.
Hope you have a good day.

Sar53 Wed 15-Jul-20 07:38:00

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Not sure what we are going to do today. We may go and sit outside a coffee shop and watch the world go by.
I'm making plans to go and visit DD1 next month for a few days. DH will drive me half way and DD will meet us and take me back to her house and then the reverse journey a few days later. It's the only way to do it as I have no desire to travel on trains at the moment.
Have a pleasant day everyone and stay safe xx

Gingster Wed 15-Jul-20 07:41:38

Good morning all. Sunny with a bit of grey!

Hair day today. Yay!. Trouble is, I don’t know what to do with it. It’s grown into a chin length bob and it’s white with bits of blonde colour. People say ‘leave it that colour and just have a trim’. It drives me mad in the wind, as there’s a lot of it, thick and strong. I’m not sure about the colour either. I’ll consult my stylist. ??‍♀️

Had a lovely afternoon with my Bridge club pals yesterday, on the field with cakes and fizz. Haven’t seen them since Feb.

Gelisajams how beautiful to be in Shetland Isles, have a wonderful time. We were meant to stop off there on a cruise but couldn’t dock as the sea was too rough. Always wanted to go.

Have fun everyone who are having GC or Ladies who are lunching, or just getting out in the fresh air. Life seems normal sometimes but we must remember to Stay Alert.

Kind thoughts to all ?

Marydoll Wed 15-Jul-20 07:43:31

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow. Nothing to report, life has been very quiet.

Another quiet day for me, well not quite! My incessant, exhausting, hacking cough, ( one of the side effects) is beginning to get on DHs nerves! ?.
It's getting on mine too!
I just look at it as revenge for his constant snoring!
?

Gelisajams glad to see you had a safe and seasick free journey. Enjoy your holiday and stay safe!.

Have the best day you can everyone, hoping Gilly gets her order.
Hugs for Dragonfly, Bluesapphire and Morethan, whose DIL is now at peace. ?.

benjamina Wed 15-Jul-20 08:05:31

good morning from a very drizzly north west - its St Swithins day and I hope the story is wrong that we will have 40 days more days of this!

Decided to get up early and do a bit of yoga and arm toning - finished it (only 20 minutes) and feel its a good start to the day.

Hope you get your order gilly - things are bad enough without extra financial worries.

Hugs to Marydoll - I read everyday and you have been through such a lot.

Hugs to everyone who needs one today.

Wish I was off to drink wine and eat tapas Pantglas - I am pea green smile.

I just have 8 hours at my laptop!!

Better log off from this chat with you lovely lot and log onto work sad

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:07:00

Good morning Mick and all

I feel nearly normal after my visit to the hairdressers, it was five months since my last appointment.

Warm and humid here in S E Essex, DD and GSs popping round this morning and hopefully my cleaner will turn up (not sure what has happened since lockdown but reliable she is not)

Keep safe and well folks ?

Grandmabatty Wed 15-Jul-20 08:12:43

Good morning All from a damp and grey Polmont. After two busy days baby wrangling, I'm having a quiet day. I'll pop over to see mum for a chat and then this afternoon is a WhatsApp chat with good friends. I hope everyone has a good day. Be kind to yourself x

gillybob Wed 15-Jul-20 08:12:53

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another dull and damp non-summer day.

Still no sign of that elusive order yesterday . Plenty more talking but no action . The quotes we do are complicated and very in-depth . Everything we do is a special “one off” system and in some ways we are acting as unpaid consultants as we have to tell our customer how we will do the job before we even have it.
The risk is always that they say “thank you very much” and either do it themselves (in house) or try and get someone else to do it cheaper.
Lots of meetings, conference calls, demonstrations etc. We usually only do about 2-3 of these types of projects a year as they take months to complete and we do a few little bits n bobs of stuff in between . Sadly because of my DH’s ill health and then Covid we haven’t done anything of any value since last Autumn so things really are getting desperate . I’ll be gutted if we lose this one as me and one of the lads in particular have put so much hard work into it . Thank you all so much for keeping your fingers crossed for me ? smile

I’m off to “that place” again in less than an hours time then a big shop for my dad on the way home .

Enjoy your holiday in the Shetlands Gelisajams I hope your special cafe was open for breakfast for you smile

I do hope you start to see the benefits of your treatment soon Marydoll I don’t know how you manage to stay so upbeat and positive .

I was so happy to hear good news about CrazyH’s grandson yesterday (another thread) what a huge relief for the family.

Thinking of BlueSapphire and everyone else with worries, sadness and poorlinesses. Hoping for some much needed sunshine very soon.

Have a good Wednesday everyone. Love Gillybob xx