Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Jul-20 06:13:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull outside this morning in Brackley .
Plans today go to the cemetery ,and replace silk flowers with flowers on the graves , feed the rose bush by my Dads grave.
Bus there and back .
Quiet day overall , await confirmation as to date change if possible for my break .
Take Care ,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 15-Jul-20 08:14:31

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where the blue Mediterranean is sparkling in the sunshine and beckoning me down to the beach. Okay go on then!

Eggs are on to boil to make egg mayo sandwiches.

I finished the Edith Wharton novel on my Kindle so I get to choose my next read later on the sun lounger. It’s all go here but someone has to do it.

Isn’t it St. Swithin’s Day over in the U.K.? Something about if it rains today it will rain for the next 40 days? I hope you all get to see some sunshine then!

Have a great holiday Gelisajam. Marydoll I can well imagine your irritating cough is exhausting. Glad to hear you’re resting up to ride out the side effects. gillybob I hope you get an order this week for you and the lads.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Nannytopsy Wed 15-Jul-20 08:15:15

Good morning Mick and all his followers. A sunny start in Suffolk, on our wedding anniversary. We are planning a trip to the coast for a fish and chip supper, eaten from the paper on a seafront bench. We know how to live!
It is 17 days until my first haircut in nearly five months - can’t wait!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Jul-20 08:16:28

X posts benjamina!

gillybob Wed 15-Jul-20 08:18:02

St Swithin’s day Urms ?

Oh no it’s raining here right now ! Another 40 days of it would be soooooooo depressing .

Lins1066 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:22:13

Good Morning Mick and all, cloudy and dry on the S Welsh coast. The workmen were like whirling dervishes yesterday, they had taken up all the slabs on the patio and removed a small wall by 2 pm. Hope that Marydoll is feeling a little better. Stay safe everyone.

Gingster Wed 15-Jul-20 08:22:24

Best of luck gillybob fingers, toes and e erything crossed for you ?.

Gingster Wed 15-Jul-20 08:26:07

Happy Anniversary Nannytopsy. I have a feeling you will be going to our favourite fish and chip place, where we love to eat it on the sea wall. Enjoy and don’t let the seagulls nick it.

Greyduster Wed 15-Jul-20 08:27:02

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A damp South Yorkshire day, but we are not going far. I didn’t get to post yesterday as we were up and out early to go up to Filey for the day - and then lost the advantage by sitting in a horrendous traffic jam because a police incident closed the motorway. A journey that should have taken two hours took four, but when we got there it was nice. Beach not at all crowded; pretty much as usual. We are both tired this morning though. Have a good safe day, folks.

Greyduster Wed 15-Jul-20 08:28:18

A very Happy Anniversary to you both, Nannytopsy!??. Enjoy your seaside fish and chips!

Kalu Wed 15-Jul-20 08:29:59

Good morning all from a dreich damp start to the day in Glasgow.

It does put things on hold a bit when we have a rainy/drizzly day. No chance of pottering about in the fresh air or any chance of DD and the girls popping in. Oh well, always plenty to keep me busy indoors once I find where my get up and go has gone.

Marydoll, it’s time for your (D)H to decamp to another bedroom if your cough is disturbing the poor man. ??‍♀️?

Have a pleasant day all and hopefully a better day for those coping with illness or worries.

cornergran Wed 15-Jul-20 08:30:26

Checking back in. Hang on in there marydoll, Carry on resting (could be a film?grin). Fingers crossed for good news gilly, you truly deserve that contract.

brook2704 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:30:48

Fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you gillybob

brook2704 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:32:01

And a very Happy Anniversary to nannytopsy ???

Kalu Wed 15-Jul-20 08:40:01

Happy Anniversary Nannytopsy. I’m sure you will both enjoy your fish supper al fresco.

Marydoll Wed 15-Jul-20 08:40:07

Nannytopsy, happy anniversary!??

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

Kalu, I'm coughing 24/7, it's just not at night! Nothing can be done about it! ☹️

DD has just arrived unexpectedly to return my car. Hers was off the road and the garage couldn't get the part.
It was a welcome surprise visit, as SIL followed her from the garage, so I got two visitors for the price of one!

However, despite having my car back, I have no where to go in it!!! ?

Susan56 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:43:04

Good morning from Shropshire where it is another damp,dull day.

We had a lovely but tiring day yesterday looking after little B.Stopped for fish and chips on the way home as we knew we would fall asleep as soon as we got home which we did.

We are going to the garden centre today.Hopefully we will actually go in today.We have been a couple of times but always been more people than we feel comfortable with so have just come home again.Third time lucky.

Maw,I hope Hattie is improving and that the antibiotics are doing their job.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you gilly??You so deserve this contract after all your hard work??

Sending much love and strength to Cherry.x?

Thinking of dragonfly,marydoll,blue sapphire,Ellan and anyone else struggling with health or other worries.

Have a good day all.

Susan56 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:44:01

Happy anniversary to you both nannytopsy ???

Puzzler61 Wed 15-Jul-20 08:46:25

Just popped back to say Happy Anniversary to the
Nannytopsy ‘s. Fish and chips at the seaside sounds wonderful. ?

And to wish Gelisajams a relaxing holiday on the Shetland isles. ☀️

Anniebach Wed 15-Jul-20 08:49:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Aldom Wed 15-Jul-20 09:13:14

Morning everyone. Cloudy here in the SE. Leaving soon for my grandson's last school assembly so just sending warm wishes to you all, especially Marydol and Gillybob.

EllanVannin Wed 15-Jul-20 09:14:52

Good Morning All x
I wish the weather would buck up sad It makes such a difference when you wake up to bright sunshine as you feel as though you can get on better with your day and it does give you a lift. This constant dull heavy cloud hanging is no good to anyone.

Wouldn't you know it's St. Swithin's day ?

Neighbour knocked unexpectedly last night with a carrier bag of goodies, she'd met my D in M&S yesterday and D had gathered all kinds of things to tide me over. She was also saying that someone from the " home " in Darlington is driving my GGD to D's house at the weekend to spend her birthday there and D was getting extras in preparation.

I'm hoping to see the child, even through the open window though there'll be no understanding with her that she can't hug her nanna-----I couldn't resist last time I saw her bless her, which was some time ago.

How good is it for a carer to drive there and back ? It's like the child's own taxi service and over a 2 and a half hour journey each way. I don't know the full story but my thoughts would be that perhaps the child will have an overnight stay at D's then be picked up next day. I'll phone D up and find out.

A bit of tidying up and wiping down here and there today, just to show there's no ill feeling grin. It feels so strange not having had anyone in the place for months as I feel that doing chores is a waste of time and energy, but I feel I have to do it for myself rather than just sitting festering.

Hope that everyone is feeling up to the mark and ready for the day in whatever you're doing. Thoughts to those who aren't feeling " with it " and a bit down. Good look to Gillybob with her order and hoping she manages to keep afloat x

Stay safe everyone on your travels/walks/shopping xx

Beechnut Wed 15-Jul-20 09:18:16

Happy anniversary greetings to the Topsys ??

BladeAnnie Wed 15-Jul-20 09:20:04

Good morning all from an overcast mid-Notts. There has been rain overnight and His Lordship the cat was not at all interested in taking the morning air!! Mr BA just off for a blood test - has his mask at the ready. I've been waiting for a minor procedure on my right eye - just to help with problems caused by sjogrens. I have a date now - Monday 27/7 - so I now must have no contact with anyone outside my household etc etc and take a covid test. I've only just started having garden visits too!! Ah well it's only another 12 days and it will be a relief to get it done. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Grandmafrench Wed 15-Jul-20 09:20:19

Good Morning everyone and a happy outcome for St Swithuns ☀️⛈?? ?

That’s a lovely thing you’ve planned for today, Mick

Sunny blue and just a bit cooler here. Went to bed exhausted after a marathon Ironathon. All up to date and put away now with a silent promise that I won’t ever let it get out of hand again. It arrives at a stage when it actually makes me miserable or cross, but then will I just get on and do it? Madness.

So, spurred on by my new discipline, I am going to empty some cupboards. No excuse now we have unlimited access to The Dump and the recycling containers for clothing are back in use. Wish we had the UK’s Charity shops here.

Today might just be the day when my new specs arrive ? from England. The lenses were made and delivered to my Optician in 24 hours. It took 3 days for him to receive my prescription and frames from France. He put in the new lenses and posted my glasses to me on the same day......last Friday. So, where are they? Oh, of course, Bastille Day.... I’m obviously just getting far too excited!

Happy Anniversary to The NannyTopsies enjoy your trip to the coast and the authentic Fish & Chip supper! Lovely.

Can’t say much about how disappointing life can be sometimes...when you give it your all, gilly. But quite a lot of it is in the hands of fate, or what you will. So don’t make yourself ill worrying and trying to achieve the impossible. It may just happen, you’ve done all you can, so try to focus on the good bits - away from that place! All the virtual gang on here couldn’t wish any harder for you, hope that helps a little when you feel down.

Hang on to your sense of fun, Marydoll - it’ll be there somewhere, half submerged in medication, irritation and a rotten cough. Sit quietly and plot some mischief! ? Feel better soon!

Thanks so much for the update, Ellan - especially when you’re probably sick of thinking about it all. Your little family seem to finally be on the radar....that’s a positive. You have names and contacts for treatment plans. May everything start to improve now - however slowly.

To all Grans, happy or sad, fit or unwell, have the best most positive day you can. Gelisajams have a lot of fun and benefit from the air. Georgesgran so much luck and good wishes from me for your DH’s treatment.

Hang in there everybody. Embrace The Masks ? and above all take care and stay safe.
Hugs from ??????

Puzzler61 Wed 15-Jul-20 09:21:13

Hello Aldom.
It’s always lovely to see the children at school, and this is a momentous day for your GS.
Bet you get a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye.
He’s growing up ?