Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Jul-20 06:13:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull outside this morning in Brackley .
Plans today go to the cemetery ,and replace silk flowers with flowers on the graves , feed the rose bush by my Dads grave.
Bus there and back .
Quiet day overall , await confirmation as to date change if possible for my break .
Take Care ,
Mick

harrigran Wed 15-Jul-20 09:24:59

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Need to make final decisions on supermarket order, best do it when I am not hungry otherwise I will go overboard.
DH asked if I wanted to go to a restaurant this weekend, I declined so he ordered lobster and Chateaubriand from a well known restaurant chain home delivery. Our wine cellar is pretty good so I look forward to the weekend.
Another indoor day by the looks of it, never mind I have a Jeffrey Archer to finish.
Fingers crossed gillybob.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 15-Jul-20 09:35:23

Good morning from an overcast north of Scotland. It is looking very grey. I went to a garden centre yesterday. The cafe was very busy. I didn’t go in. It was very busy and everyone had a mask round their neck. Not quite the point. I felt nervous. Off to tidy the spare room/dumping ground as hopefully my family might be able to visit soon. Something to look forward to. Have the best day you can.

Legs55 Wed 15-Jul-20 09:42:17

Good morning all from overcast Devon, less windy which is a bonus. More light housework & tidying up as I've come to a halt with my decorating.

Maybe manage some time in the garden his afternoon if the sun comes out. Football tonight, typically there are two games I want to watch on at the same time & I don't particularly like football on tv but it's rare to be able to watch my team. Easy Dinner planned.

Froglady Wed 15-Jul-20 09:49:57

Bit of a shock to the system here in Blackburn as we're having to start wearing cloth face coverings from today. We're had 61 new cases over the past week so the local council decided that measures had to put in place now, instead of waiting until next Friday. If, after 2 weeks, the rates continue to rise, then they're going to look at reversing the national lockdown easing of restrictions.
It's very worrying and hopefully everybody will be following the rules, or am I being a complete optimist?

Lilactime75 Wed 15-Jul-20 09:55:32

Woke to an email at 7 to say my clematis was being delivered between 7.53 and8.53. It arrived at 7.54 precisely! Cheery young man. Looking forward to it flowering in the autumn.

gillgran Wed 15-Jul-20 10:05:13

Good Morning to you all from an overcast, but dry Cambs.,

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Nannytopsy on your anniversary, hope you have a good day. flowers.

Good wishes to all you lovely, kind people on this thread.

Take Care Folks.

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Jul-20 10:20:48

Morning all,

Yet another grey, damp morning. So much for Summer!

A trip to the local butcher today and some ironing when I get back. A what's app call with my SiL's tonight. Not the same as physical visits, but better than nothing.
Hope that the saying about St Swithins day proves to be just that as it's raining again now. I don't fancy another 40 days of this!

My hairdresser is still not open so not sure what to do, whether to hold on a bit longer or try somewhere else. Whatever I decide, there will no doubt be a wait for an appointment.

To those of you celebrating today, enjoy your day and the plans you have. ???

Fingers crossed, gillybob that something positive comes from all your hard work very soon and that your prospective customer doesn't just use you and then go elsewhere. Some people have no scruples do they?

Hope that cough soon eases, marydoll and that you soon start to feel more like yourself. Take care.?

To all with troubles, illness and woes, I hope today brings you some comfort. ?

Hymnbook Wed 15-Jul-20 10:24:22

Morning everyone. Was raining earlier stopped for the moment. Was hoping to meet my sisters for a coffee outside but l won't be going as l was on the loo at 2 30 this morning. Terrible stomach pains again. My ibs/diverticulitis playing up. Hope everyone has a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 15-Jul-20 10:30:56

Morning all from a damp South Notts. Not much to report, very little going on. My visitor called off yesterday due to ill health but should be slowly on the mend.
Am keeping busy with my usual projects.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

kittylester Wed 15-Jul-20 10:34:53

Happy anniversary Mr&MrsTopsy. I suspect I know where you are going so please give the place my love!

Applegran Wed 15-Jul-20 10:58:01

Good morning from North Cornwall where the sun is doing quite a good job of trying to shine. Am feeling sad and glad - my daughter and SIL and two of my grandchildren have moved to live thousands of miles away. Its what they want, so glad for them - but sad for me. I know life is always changing, so will live with this ok in spite of missing them. I'll go for a walk soon - always lifts my feelings.

Nortsat Wed 15-Jul-20 10:58:35

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.

I had a good telephone consultation with my GP yesterday and a further adjustment to my meds meant I had a much better evening.

I will have a walk later, clean the bathroom and loos (exciting) and then we’ll have an easy supper.

Sending positive thoughts to gillybob for the order.
Sorry to hear things are difficult for Marydoll
Congratulations to nannytopsy on your anniversary.
Good morning to Bluesapphire, if she’s reading.
Have a lovely day, all and the usual ?to those who need them. ?

ann678tifney Wed 15-Jul-20 11:26:40

Morning everyone, from a damp NE. Gelisajams, I am really jealous of you going to Shetland Isle. I went on holiday when I was 14 with my Aunt, to see my Uncle who was working there at the time. It is a beautiful place, we flew there, but had to come back on the boat because of the weather. I would really love to go again. Marydoll hope you are feel better, and hopefully Gillbob gets an order soon. Hope everyone else stays safe and well.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 15-Jul-20 11:27:34

Good Morning from Drizzly Harrogate
Have very little in the way of plans for today, although there is no telling whether a grandchild will turn up. Might start making masks!!
Marydoll, what is the cause of your cough? I had a similar cough for about 5 years, and 5 years ago it was discovered I had TB!! I've been cured, now DH has the cough and has had every test, but cause can't be found!

Marydoll Wed 15-Jul-20 11:29:05

Gwen my cough is a recognised side effect of medication. Nothing sinister. smile

Georgesgran Wed 15-Jul-20 12:10:29

Good morning from Durham - dry, but overcast. Thank you for your good wishes yesterday Grandmafrench. Another session completed, but this is a new treatment, recently approved by NICE., so another 12 to go. Tests will be done in September to see if there’s any improvement - treatment will continue if the condition remains static, but not if it’s worsened. Getting over 3 bouts of Sepsis is still causing physical and mental problems, all a ‘work in progress’.

Hope Gillybob gets some work soon - curious what ‘product’ she supplies?

Thread yesterday about being at a loose end? That’s me today - my get up and go has left the building! Prescription to collect from pharmacy then should ring the Bodyshop to get an estimate for repairs to my car (reversed into wall) but it could end up an insurance job anyway! Hardly spent anything since lockdown, other than food and drink so the money’s there to use.

Hope everyone has the best day they can. X

lemongrove Wed 15-Jul-20 12:11:53

Bit late for me to say good morning? but had a lazy day so far, a nice change for me.A sunny day here, so some will do some gardening after lunch.
Discovered two Amazon parcels in the porch ( they don’t even seem to ring the bell anymore.)

EllanVannin Wed 15-Jul-20 12:44:32

P.S I was right about the child's carer bringing her to D's on Sunday for her birthday. Carer will be there too to join in with the celebrations and eats for a couple of hours before they head back. How's that for service ? We can't get over it.

I'll have to stay put, here sad so I'll just go mad and eat coke, as my mum used to say grin or tear paper.

Puzzler61 Wed 15-Jul-20 12:58:51

Ellan - that is such a thoughtful gesture on behalf of the Carer/place your GD is currently placed at. We hear a lot about bad Carers and bad Children’s Centres and it’s really heartwarming to hear something like that.
I hope it brings much happiness to you all. You deserve some, ?

Marydoll Wed 15-Jul-20 13:03:33

Ellan, I'm sure you find it comforting that the carer is actually going to such an effort for your GD.
It has been such a difficult time for you all.
I hope now that she is receiving professional help, she can start to make progress and life will hopefully become less challenging for her and your family. ?

Grammaretto Wed 15-Jul-20 13:06:14

Good day from the Scottish Borders where it was raining but stopped.
St Swithin!!

My yarn group came for coffee and scones in the garden and we dodged the midges. We are used to distancing around here and being covered up. 'Tis nothing new.
No-one went indoors though I told them I had read the instructions for the loo!

DH has a continual cough too Marydoll. It seems to be worse as soon as he starts to speak. He's had it since last year.
I don't know whether to feel more sorry for him or for me.

That's a pity about the situation in Blackburn froglady

Hope you get some good news soon. Gilly
Happy Anniversary Nannytopsy
flowers wine cupcake

Froglady Wed 15-Jul-20 14:08:51

Grammaretto - thanks .

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 15-Jul-20 16:43:07

Thank Goodness, Marydoll. Hope you are all better doon.