Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sat 10-Apr-21 06:06:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but as yet not bright , looks a grey start here in Brackley .
Today , plans to go to Bicester via buckingham on the bus , but I may give it amiss .
Cycling on TV this afternoon to watch , then an easy day for me.
Looking forward to Tuesday for a haircut.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sat 10-Apr-21 06:09:28

Good morning to one and all from a fine but chilly Torbay.

Yesterday's expedition to Lidl went to plan and the store was quieter than usual, probably due to school holidays. It is three weeks since my last visit but in between I supplement my needs with purchases from the local shops which are within walking distance of home. Stowing everything in my fridge/freezer also takes some doing but I managed!

Later, I took a short walk and spent some time in my church which is open every day for several hours, much appreciated by local folk. The first photo shows a model of The Last Supper with detailed figures and items on the table, beautifully crafted; the second is of flowers in the porch, with the signs in the background being a stark reminder of the times in which we live.

Wishing you all a happy weekend, whatever you have planned. Keep smiling! ?

grandMattie Sat 10-Apr-21 06:13:55

Good morning from a grey E Kent. I wish it would rain, we haven’t had any since that hurricane.
Made some chutney, to allow it to mature for a while before it’s needed. Fresh chutney/piccalilli are horrible!
Sad about Prince Philip. The Queen must be devastated. I hope no one expects too much from her in the next few weeks.
Hope today finds you relief from pain, sorrow, anxiety, etc. May you have a few moments of happiness in your day and find a few flamingos ? ???☀️☀️☀️

Beechnut Sat 10-Apr-21 06:15:57

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry one and grey here too.

I need to go and get some wood this morning for a job that I want to get on with.

Sad news indeed yesterday. I feel for the Queen, she is no longer part of a couple and their children, once you lose one parent you realise.....phew I expect you know what I mean.

Take care all ?

Beechnut Sat 10-Apr-21 06:19:17

Lovely flower arrangement Ash ?

Dwmxwg Sat 10-Apr-21 06:39:14

Good morning from north Surrey, looks set for an overcast day today.
I feel very sad for the queen too, such a long time together.
Got lots done yesterday, housework here and for mum and dad, ironing and ordered a new patio door, estimated 12 week delivery due to high demand in lockdown for house renovations.
This morning I have my follow up appointment at the eye clinic. I am still seeing floaters but think I will have to get used to that. Hoping the change in eye drops has brought the pressures down.
I won’t be able to drive so DH will do the supermarket shop whilst he waits.
We have picked out horses for the Grand National and had a little each way bet so shall watch the race although will be hidden behind a cushion for me as I hate to see the horses and jockeys fall.
Wishing all as good a day as possible ???

Gagagran Sat 10-Apr-21 06:48:09

Morning all from a cloudy south coast. 5.9c on my weather station and some rain is in the forecast. We do need it so mustn't grumble.

We are off to get the click and collect from Tesco at 8am and I must cut DH's hair today too - it has been under AOB on the agenda all week and not made it to the top yet.

I am still limping from the pulled muscle in my calf caused by leaping out of bed to ease cramp. I might try the soap in the bed trick which is supposed to ease cramp. Thanks for the tip!

Sad news from Windsor but not unexpected. I did think that the TV coverage was excessive though. Was it really necessary to cancel all programmes on both BBC1 and 2? It makes me wonder what will happen when the Queen dies.

Hope the day is a good one for us all sunshine

Kalu Sat 10-Apr-21 07:10:04

Good morning all, a frosty start with a beautiful sunrise in Glasgow.

Not too keen to visit a hairdressers, DH and I have become quite proficient in cutting each other’s hair. An easy task for DH as mine is just below shoulder length and an inch lobbed of straight across. Both pleased with the results, no appointment required or lengthy visits to a salon.....we may never need to visit one again. ?

My order of air plants arrived yesterday so my fun task today is to place them in some hanging glass balls to hang at a bare window to give it some interest.

Have a good Saturday all, especially those who are not having the best of times at the moment.

Susan56 Sat 10-Apr-21 07:11:11

Good morning from Shropshire.

I have the task of sewing DGD’s badges onto her Rainbow uniform.She has only attended by zoom up to now so DD hadn’t bought her a uniform but normal meetings resume this week.Swimming lessons resume tomorrow as well.

Other than the sewing we will be gardening today.

Hoping Cherry, Mary and Auntieflo are all feeling better today?

Have a good day all and thoughts to all with illness, worries and anxiety.??

GrannyGravy13 Sat 10-Apr-21 07:19:27

Morning Mick and all

I have woken up feeling 100% better than when I went to bed, felt really rough from noon yesterday, aches, shivers and a heavy muzzy head after 2nd Pfizer jab on Thursday evening, but up and raring to go to now!!!I shall attack the ironing pile which has been sadly neglected over the Easter Break.

DH has his 2nd AZ jab this morning so we haven’t made any other plans.

All dear virtual friends with ills, worries and troubles I wish you a peaceful Saturday ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

harrigran Sat 10-Apr-21 07:28:52

Good morning from a sunny NE where it is -2 with a harsh frost.
Our Cote at home delivery was before 10am yesterday so we were able to have a very tasty lunch, we pushed the boat out and opened a bottle of Champagne to accompany it. Felt as if we had been to a restaurant but alas I fell asleep on the sofa during the afternoon.
A week since my vaccination and side effects have eased except I can't lie on that arm.
Nothing planned for today.

Pittcity Sat 10-Apr-21 07:38:13

Good morning from an overcast Colchester.

Yesterday felt very strange after the announcement of the Duke's death. DS was put on standby in case he was needed for extra duty. I don't think he will as ceremony will be very scaled back.

It is DGS2 6th birthday today so we are going for lunch in their garden. It's the first time I've been to their new house. Hope the much needed rain holds off until later.
Much love x

Suank Sat 10-Apr-21 07:48:36

Good morning to all? . Having a lie in after a 4 day stint of childcare for our 7 year old Grandaughter! Yes 7.30 am is a lie in heehee.
We are her childcare bubble and she is a total joy. She has been staying overnight while her key worker (ambo and police) parents did their shifts. Today is an exciting day. We are finishing loading our touring caravan to go to Bridlington for 10 days on Monday woohoo. 2nd vaccine done last week for us both . Same grandaughter with her mummy and daddy are joining us at the campsite for two days next week in their own van. It's been fab being able to see them again this week for outdoor walks and tea in the garden. Now for rockpooling on the beach . Best dig out the wellies and crab bucket . Oh how I've missed family times .
Got to grab a little careful joy when you can now. Watching the grand national today with a little tipple and a Flutter. Wish me luck ?

grandmajet Sat 10-Apr-21 07:53:55

Good morning everyone from cloudy Nottinghamshire.
Sad news for about Prince Philip, although not unexpected of course. He led a remarkable life with so much done behind the scenes for young people, and the environment. Two of my daughters competed at the Horse of the Year show in the Prince Philip cup, a competition designed for ‘ordinary children on ordinary ponies’, to give them a chance to compete at the biggest shows. It was such a thrilling experience for them.
We’re off to see our son and his wife today in Cheshire, we haven’t been there since 2019, although they have come here. The weather is set to be good. ??
We will enjoy our day, I hope you all do too.

NanKate Sat 10-Apr-21 07:54:04

Good morning Mick and All.

A grey cold day here in South Bucks.

Thanks for the lovely photos Ashcombe.

73 years of marriage, what an achievement. The Queen and close family must feel bereft without him. ?

Still on Lockdown in order to be allowed into Hospital on Wednesday.

Gelisajams Sat 10-Apr-21 07:54:59

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where we have a clear blue sky. There’s a touch of frost but I don’t think it went as cold as forecast.
I think I’ve lost half a dozen Senetti plants, three which my son bought me for my birthday. It’s just been too frosty and cold for them. They are usually quite happy with a touch of frost but this week has been bitterly cold. All the magnolias locally have gone brown just as they we in full bud.
The joys of gardening!
It’s my phone call this morning to my friend in Somerset if the phone works. BT have apparently upgraded us and we have to do something we haven’t done for it to continue working . The sideboard needs to be pulled out to get at the wires and that’s an effort! I have to use the landline as she can’t hear me on the mobile. Will also speak to our friends in Shetland later. We have booked to see them in July. Hopefully that will go ahead. The ferry company will refund us if we still can’t travel. July seems an eternity away at the moment.
Thinking particularly of Cherry, Mary and Auntieflo and all who are struggling.
Take care and stay safe everyone ???

Scentia Sat 10-Apr-21 07:56:36

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is sunny at the moment. I will go out and get the guinea pigs cleaned out whilst it is dry.
DH and I are then taking a walk down the riverside to Halfords to pick up a bulb and some bike bits, then meander back I do hope it stays dry as it is a wonderful walk that I don’t like to rush.
Not a lot else planned for today so I may do a bit of cleaning!
Take care GMers and stay safe.❤️

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Apr-21 08:01:03

Good morning from misty Leicestershire.

Very achy this morning after our second Astra Zeneca jab.

Very sad for the Queen.

Gingster Sat 10-Apr-21 08:01:38

Good morning from a grey, chilly Essex. Hopefully some rain later, but after the birthday lunch Pittcity . Happy birthday to you little one. ?

Gagagran I agree that the tv coverage was excessive . Sad news but to be on all channels ?.

Lovely floral display in your church Ash ?.

We had the painter/decorator round to give us a quote to do the outside of the house . Quite a lot more than expected! We’ve had him before and he was very reasonable. I think everything has increased during lockdown. People have to make up for their losses. We had a little barter with him and he came down a bit so we will still have him. Such a nice man. He will do it while we are away next week.

I phoned my DB1 last evening and as usual, had a five minute chat to him and then a 40 minute listening ear to my SIL.. She has been poorly now for a couple of years, but as soon as one symptom disappears, another arises. She worries about herself so much , I think a lot of it is in her mind. I just listen and hopefully make the right noises. I love her to bits but my DH hasn’t much patience with her. When we eventually get to see them face to face , I hope DH won’t make remarks ????.

Well folks, have as good a day as you can. Not much going on here, but will read and crochet and do a bit of housework.

???❤️?

baubles Sat 10-Apr-21 08:02:55

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the ground is once more covered in sparkling frost. The sun is shining in a pale blue sky, it’s a beautiful morning.

Yesterday we traipsed around several garden centres, they’re strung out along the valley road, gathering a few alpines and replenishing my stock of birthday cards. One of them now has a food hall which wasn’t there the last time I visited so I picked up a couple of ready made puddings to try. All the new plants will be spending the next few days sitting on fleeces in the garage until it’s safe to plant them.

That’s always been one of my tasks Susan, I’ll be happy to get back to it when the children return to their real meetings.

You’re brave Kalu, I dread to think what my hair would look like if I were to let my DH near it with scissors.

Glad you’re feeling better GG13.
Enjoy your garden visit Pittcity.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, especially those coping with sadness or illness. ???

brook2704 Sat 10-Apr-21 08:05:01

Good morning mick and all from Inverness where it’s bright, dry and cold. Shame about the plants and the frost Gelisa especially as they were for your birthday ?
Lovely photos Ash thank you
Yesterday we enjoyed a lovely walk with the DGC along the beaches at Rosemarkie just near Inverness. The weather was mixed to say the least, sunny one minute then horizontal sleety snow the next but we all had a good time and it was great to see them all!
Hope the follow up appointment goes ok dwm and things have settled down ok
It’s good that the swimming lessons and activities are starting up again susan more little steps back to normality
Enjoy your day pittcity and hope your DGS enjoys his 6th birthday and happy holidays Suank how lovely!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Elizabeth1 Sat 10-Apr-21 08:12:35

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny, windy and possibly freezing cold day ahead on the east coast of Fife. My days are flying past at an impressive speed. Wish I could enjoy them more. My DH hasn’t yet managed to take me out since his fall for a wee run in the car and I feel a little left behind. I wish his sore shoulder would heal more quickly. Perhaps today will be my lucky day.

Anyway not to grumble my DS took her wee dog to get her coat trimmed yesterday and while she waited she went into an m&s and brought home loads of enjoyable food supplies.

We had Turkey breast, baby new potatoes, and asparagus with a Yorkshire pudding for tea last night it was delicious. I watched loads of netflix trying to finish the series shitts creak which I found so funny I don’t suppose it’s everyone’s cup of tea.

Have a good day everyone virtual hugs all around flowers

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Apr-21 08:21:19

Good morning everyone from a grey and wet Northampton. Glad I got the grass cut yesterday. I inspected my new plants as well, and as one was showing signs of frost damage, moved it into the summerhouse to overnight. Shall bring it out each day. And I did manage to wash the downstairs floors as well! Have got the steam cleaner upstairs ready for the bathroom floors. Decided I needed more detergent for it so looked on Sainsbury's, £12 a litre, Amazon £7. 99 a litre and free delivery. Guess where I ordered it from!

Very sad news about Prince Philip. Spent the afternoon watching tv coverage, but had had enough by the evening, so watched a few of my recorded programmes instead.

Must wear my lucky socks today as my rugby team Northampton Saints play in the quarterfinal of the European Cup tonight. May be watching from behind the sofa!

No real plans for today except the Saturday papers and crosswords, reading and knitting.

Have a good day everyone.

Stilllearning Sat 10-Apr-21 08:27:33

Good morning from S Lanarkshire, very cold but with a lovely blue sky.
Yesterday I enjoyed a lovely walk and talk with a friend, just outside our wee town, but I had not taken that route before so it felt refreshingly different.
Another pleasant moment was the arrival some of beautiful flowers. My eldest daughter’s birthday present to me was 6 monthly deliveries so I have that to look forward to.
The flowers in your church porch are lovely Ashcombe and with the sign in the background, a gentle record of these times.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day.?

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Apr-21 08:27:57

Good morning all from an overcast S Hants, +6, I hope we get the rain that’s forecast. I need to go to the allotment as the spuds are peeking through and need earthing up as we have frost forecast over the next couple of days. The vines in France have been decimated by frost, so much so it’s triggered a government payout. What a beautiful arrangement Ash. Lots of visits today, I hope you all enjoy your trips out and family catch ups; we too will watch the Grand National and remember the Queen as she mourns.
The photo is of the desperate attempts to thwart the frost in France. Thoughts with those poorly, sad and lonely ?