Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 25th May 2022

(57 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 25-May-22 05:50:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in brackley this morning with some cloud.
today, my chiropodist is early this morning, so will do a small shop first before she comes.
And then an easy day of housework and watching cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 25-May-22 06:25:15

Morning all from a dampish West Oxfordshire - but that might just be the dew. I’m still in bed. I’m saddened by the latest shooting in the USA. 19 children at the last count! No other country in the western world would allow such ridiculous and lax gun laws. I remember how after Dunblane, our government were quick off the mark with introducing tougher laws. Prayers for all those bereaved parents. I will be keeping a beady eye on the news today for the latest on the Susan Gray report. Otherwise, I have some admin to do and perhaps a bit of baking.

monk08 Wed 25-May-22 06:32:03

Good morning Mick and all who follow from the Black country, raining once again do hope we see some sun soon.
Mums and toddlers this morning so early start.
Nothing else planned will catch up with everybody's happenings later. I have some crumpets for breakfast bringing thoughts of EV.
Take care all enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

BlueBalou Wed 25-May-22 06:39:29

Good morning from grey-skied Wiltshire ??
I am having a pedicure and manicure at lunchtime, a bit of pampering today ?
Other than that I will get on with packing for our northeast Wales holiday on Friday. DS thinks he might cycle the 120 miles here tomorrow to fetch dh’s car that he’s borrowing to join us on Saturday- honestly, his energy exhausts me- he did a 95 mile cycle on Sunday. He’ll stay overnight which will be lovely.
Dgs1 is so excited to be coming, we’re hoping to see ospreys at the Dyfi Osprey centre ??, they’re nesting so he was watching on the link I sent him. He’s a very keen bird watcher and really enjoys identifying them.
Hope you have a good day today x

Urmstongran Wed 25-May-22 06:48:05

Here’s Matt!

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have rain forecast this morning but dry from noon. We are off to the Trafford Centre at some stage clutching my little list of needs. If we walk it will take us 35 minutes and then we get the bus back to Sainsbury’s corner. But I’m a fair weather stroller so if Himself wants to go mid morning it’ll be in the car.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all. x

cornergran Wed 25-May-22 07:00:55

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloud over our corner of Somerset with some rain forecast.

Me C lost his empty yesterday as my friend was poorly. Will check on her later, sounded rough. Removed dust instead and wandered out in the afternoon. Grocery delivery first thing then breakfast out before fighting for a car park space for a lunch time hospital appointment. Suspect there will be a need to stop at a shopping centre on the way back - make best use of the petrol grin.

Thinking of you all. Hope Wednesday is a gentle day.

brook2704 Wed 25-May-22 07:09:02

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy but dry.
Thats a very long cycle ride Blue good on your DS. Hope your DGS gets to see the ospreys too
Enjoy your trip to the Trafford Centre Urms I used to go there a lot, especially on a Friday evening when we’d get something to eat and browse around the shops - I miss it!
I’ve got a much needed hairdressers appointment this morning and then we’re off down to Edinburgh later before we fly out to Switzerland to visit DS tomorrow.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grandmadinosaur Wed 25-May-22 07:21:07

Good morning all from dull East Yorkshire.

I’m up early today as going for the pre op appointment prior to surgery next week on my foot. Appointment is at 9. Hope I’m not kept waiting too long as I need to get home,changed and then out to catch a train and meet my friend for lunch. It’s an early celebration for her Birthday next week. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s a while since I’ve seen her. Where we are going to eat they do the most delicious crab salad so I already know what I’ll be eating!

Thoughts to baubles and her family. ?

Take care everyone.

Ashcombe Wed 25-May-22 07:22:02

Good morning from Helsinki where we have just docked in bright sunshine. We are so blessed to have this run of beautifully fine days!

Yesterday we joined a tour that took us to a fishing museum where we enjoyed coffee and cake whilst listening to the playing of a zither, the national instrument of Estonia. The (male) guide was not a patch on the two women on earlier tours. Tallinn has a well preserved medieval old city which DH enjoyed photographing.

I do hope Baubles continues to make progress towards a full recovery, poor lady! Have as good a day as circumstances allow. ?????

Urmstongran Wed 25-May-22 07:22:28

Enjoy your Swiss trip brook - bet seeing your son will be wonderful this weekend!

Susan56 Wed 25-May-22 07:25:04

Good morning from Shropshire.

I have an opticians appointment today and then as we are in our larger county town will get the last few things on my list.Like Urms I have planned my holiday wardrobe so I just buy what is needed.

Thinking of baubles and the grandMatties?

Have the best day you can everyone??

Gingster Wed 25-May-22 07:26:35

Good morning all and it’s bright and sunny here in Essex.

My glaucoma test at the hospital proved inconclusive again, so another check up in 4 months time. A lot of waiting around there , which is so tiring!

As I hadn’t been able to go to Bridge club in the afternoon, I went last night and came top. Yay! Nice to see old faces again.

Today I’m meeting to two oldest pals (67 yrs) at the Stratford Olympic Park. We’ll have a wander round , coffee , walk in the gardens and then a leisurely lunch. The best!

Goodness BlueBalou that is a long cycle ride! ?.

Happy holidays to all grans preparing to go. ?✈️??.

Wishing you all a good day ?

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 25-May-22 07:32:36

Good morning from a damp and cold Oxfordshire, heating is on again this morning for a couple of hours, then a bit of window frame cleaning in the cabin before the flooring arrives to tomorrow.

Dog sitting today and maybe hoover under the beds, I can’t move the beds around like I used to, so it’s laying on the floor with the hoover wand for me, trying not to sneeze.

Hope everyone manages to find some sunshine today and some smiles.

Grandmabatty Wed 25-May-22 07:37:21

Good morning all from a very dreich Polmont. 9° but feels much colder. May in Scotland is usually sunny and can be warm but not this year where I live. Brook have a lovely time in Switzerland. I haven't been there for years. Gingster I have never played Bridge. Is it difficult? Lovely photos Ashcombe.
Yesterday I dropped off dgs1 at nursery and spent some time in the garden between showers. I like a tidy garden with as few weeds as possible.
Today I'll visit mum. No art class so I'll do some drawing when I get home. Sausages for dinner. I might make toad in the hole. Have a good day all.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-May-22 07:40:36

Morning all

Just cooked the 7yr old his breakfast, early school start on a Wednesday (I do love spoiling him on his weekly sleepover)

Cleaning fairies are here first thing, I am off to the gym and then to a location retail park to pick up an order at M & S Food Hall and buy some food treats, I will have a mooch round Next & the other shops.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Beechnut Wed 25-May-22 07:44:43

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s been raining.

You might find your mop under the bed Oops ?
Wishing you a speedy recovery baubles. What a shock! ?

I’m off out today on toilet roll replenishment so it’s a trip to Asda for their big packs. Also a browse and a look at some stuff in B&Q. First of all I have to pick up some sockets I ordered yesterday.

Have a good day all ??

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 25-May-22 07:47:58

Good morning all from bright and dry Harrogate
Your photos look lovely Ashcombe
Thinking of you GrandMattie.
Have to go into town this morning to get some bits and pieces. Still haven’t taken the hem up of my new trousers. Will have another go today. Tried a sleep ? app on my phone, which told me I slept last night from 2200 til 0800!! I didn’t actually get to bed til 11pm and was trying to fathom how to adjust the app at 4.30am!! Back to the drawing board!
Have the best day possible folks

ginny Wed 25-May-22 07:51:33

Good morning to you all. It’s dry but dull here in N Bucks.
Today I have a morning date with smallest DGS , hope we can be in the garden.
Craft club this afternoon and babysitting this evening.
Will fit in the making of a chicken, ham and leek pie and a cheese onion and potato pie. Must also find time for the sketching challenge, probably once the DGSs are in bed.

Wishing for a good day for everyone with a smile along the way.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 25-May-22 07:54:49

I’ve just read about Baubles you’ve been through a dreadful time, I hope you’ll soon be well enough to post here again!

Pittcity Wed 25-May-22 07:55:36

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Forecast is cool and rain at times. I'm back in jeans and thin jumper for our Wednesday morning coffee meetup after being outside in a summer dress and factor 30 last week.

My robot hoover fits nicely under our bed Oops no sneezing involved.

Thinking of Baubles and sending love to all ? x

Sar53 Wed 25-May-22 08:01:11

Good morning from France where it is another overcast day. Yesterday it rained for most of the day and was cold and miserable.

Today a trip out to a place called Revel, high in the hills above Carcassonne.

I have been trying to attach some pictures of our holiday but I don't think the WiFi here is up to it.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone. Love from France xxx

Marydoll Wed 25-May-22 08:07:43

Good morning all from a very miserable Glasgow.
I'm still reeling from the news about Baubles. She is one of the Glesca Grannies, a long road ahead for her. ?
The same thing happened to a friend's daughter six months ago, she is still off work.

I'm having a quiet day, enjoying the fact that SIL and DD have decided to go into work. Yesterday was spent tiptoeing about the house.
Yesterday's outing left me shattered and was not without mishap.

•I lost my balance in Asda and toppled a display of hair accessories. ??

•Just as I was trying to avoid an elderly lady, on a mobility scooter in the car park, attempting to drive up a ramp, into a van, ( with little success), another elderly lady reversed out of a space without looking and nearly went into the side of my car. I had no means of avoiding her, other than swerving and hitting Scooterwoman and if I hadn’t kept my hand on the horn, she would have hit me. She then started waving her fist at me!!! ?
Elderly ladies, including me, seem to be frequent that particular retail park in droves. There should be warning signs at the entrance. ?

• I went to pick up an glass item from TKMaxx, but because it was in a huge box, I couldn’t lift it. The kind assistant offered to take it out for me, to make it easier. It was like Russian dolls. Boxes within boxes. Just as the assistant picked up the last small box, the bottom fell out of it. For someone who struggles to move quicly, I moved pretty fast and caught the item in time! ?

• By this time I was exhausted, so decided to pick up my prescriptions and go home. The pharmacist still hadn't been able to source any of my RA medication ? and there was no sign of one of the prescriptions, so off to the surgery, I went. ( Huge sigh) Oh sorry about that, it appears your prescription has been missed. If you come back this afternoon, I will try and get someone to write it! ??????.
It took me thirty minutes to get there and no way was I braving the roadworks again. The alternative route was gridlocked and to make it worse, the that route is a road I hate driving! I drove it every night after work, to look after my ailing mother, knowing I would be in for my usual ear bashing, when I got there. ?

However, despite all that, I'm in good spirits. While in TK Maxx, I noticed that they were selling lots of semi precious stone jewellery, especially dainty, little, stretchy bracelets. It has re-awakened my interest in jewellery making and I may have a go today, as I have a stash of stones. Then again, I could empty a kitchen cupboard to make way for nagging DD's stash of food items.
What would you choose, dear reader?

I haven't read the posts yet, but wish you all the best day possible. I have been wondering how the poorly daughters and their mums are faring and hoping life is improving for them. ?

Ali23 Wed 25-May-22 08:13:49

Good morning everyone from a sunny Leicester.
I spent yesterday volunteering at our local country park. Great fun, but my knees are giving me trouble today!

Hoping that Baubles keeps on improving, and sending the Grandmatties all of my best wishes. I do hope that everything is ok .

Kalu Wed 25-May-22 08:14:49

Sending love and best wishes for a very speedy recovery baubles. What a shock to read your news, I was so looking forward to seeing you again next month. Thank you Baggs and baubles’s DD for letting us know.

Taichinan Wed 25-May-22 08:20:42

Good morning Mick and all from a grey and cold Angus coast. We're forecast snow on the hills on Thursday - it certainly feels as if we're preparing for it!
Sad day today as I am going to my friend's funeral. Alzheimer's - such a cruel disease. I am so sad that she had it, but can't feel sad that she's now been released from its clutches.
Loving hearing about all your happy doings and shopping trips and holidays. Thoughts as always with those in poor health, or caring flowers. Love to all x