Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday Maundy Thursday 28th March 2024

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 28-Mar-24 05:28:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Daylight here in brackley with a clear sky and no rain at the moment .
Today , I have my chiropodist calling early , so I can get a bus just shortly after .
Brackley itself as lost its last remaining bank , but its hoped it will become a community bank served by other bankers etc.
I have an option of Bicester as regards to doing things as well.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 28-Mar-24 05:37:04

Good morning from Bristol. The dawn is breaking and the full moon is setting, the birds are singing…. It rained and rained overnight, now we are promised strong cold winds later.
Yesterday was quiet, but I’m stirring things up. Very few of us have pendant alarms, though we have call cords in every room. The excuse is that previous occupants never returned them and they are very expensive. My argument is that we came to sheltered accommodation to be protected, if we can’t access the cords, what happens to us? Not our fault that the pendants weren’t recovered, etc. the other residents agree with me and we shall plug on about it.
Today, I have tai chi and not much else happening.
I hope those with any sort of problem or distress have some relief.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 28-Mar-24 06:06:46

Good morning from a fine dry Lanzarote, of course the rain has stopped now we are going home.

I still have BPPV ( a kind of Vertigo) I’m up early so that I can get myself balanced before the drive to the airport and then the flight home. It’s going to be a stressful day.

Have a good day everyone.

Ashcombe Thu 28-Mar-24 06:08:39

Good morning from a chilly, damp Torbay.

Good luck on your pendant mission, grandMattie. I hope common sense prevails and the other residents speak up to support you.

I have a quiet few days ahead, with the weather forecast not being encouraging. Such a shame for the holiday makers.

A good day is wished to all. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

brook2704 Thu 28-Mar-24 06:43:51

Good morning everyone, we’re still in Switzerland, its -2° with more snowy conditions 🥶
Sounds like a tricky journey ahead for you Oops hope you get home safely later and start to feel a bit better
Unfortunately our plans yesterday to travel home didn’t happen as the heavy snow caused a road closure due to an avalanche risk so we had to stay put. Hopefully today things will be better and we can get to the airport for a flight home tonight
I agree about needing those pendants gMattie it’s no use having a pull cord if you can’t reach it
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Bellasnana Thu 28-Mar-24 06:44:20

Good morning from Malta where we are promised a sunny day with 23°C.

Yesterday was so hot in Valletta but by the afternoon a fierce, cold wind was whipping around us so we went from being much too hot to freezing!

I had the most wonderful day with my Canadian first cousin twice removed and her family. The children, boys aged 12 and 9, and little girl aged 5, were absolutely delightful. Polite and well behaved even after a long day of touring around the city.

Today I’m joining DD3 and the boys but not sure where we are going yet.

Mick did you see the huge pile up in the cycle race? It looked awful with a few injured riders.

Safe travels Oops, sorry you are unwell and hope you will feel better. Travelling is enough of an endurance test without feeling wobbly on top of it.

Hoping the day goes as well as possible for you all.☀️

Grandmabatty Thu 28-Mar-24 06:48:13

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 2° and grey. Oopsadaisy safe journey home. I'm sorry that your holiday was spoiled. GrandMattie good for you.
Yesterday I had a very restful day which I needed. I didn't feel great and was very tired.
Today will be slightly busier. I have some tidying up to do. Still fairly quiet overall. Have a good day all

Grandmabatty Thu 28-Mar-24 06:49:52

Brook fingers crossed for a successful exit from Switzerland!

fancythat Thu 28-Mar-24 06:58:18

grandMattie That is not good. You should get what you pay for.

Oopsadaisy1 Not sure if I have what you have. I have the leftover of vestibular labrynthitis, in that every morning, I have to sit still for 45 mins, before I do anything. Hence being at the computer early, every morning.
Ideally I would be moving around doing things by now, but I will be dizzy for hours if I do that.
After the 45 mins I am fine for the day, as long as I dont see anything whirling around.
I hope you have a good flight home.

I was going to write it is dry here, down South, for the moment. But I see it has just decided to start raining. I wrote on another thread, that the garden is already saturated. I dont think I have ever seen it as wet.

NanKate Thu 28-Mar-24 07:02:55

Good morning Mick and all from a chilly sunny South Bucks.

Off early to complete the Easter food shopping. Weather forecast for Saturday and Easter Day shows sunshine 👍

Glad you had such a lovely time Bellasnana with your relatives. You are so devoted to your young grandsons, an occasional break will do you good. No doubt see you at the Tennis today in Miami 🎾🎾

RosesandLilac Thu 28-Mar-24 07:05:22

Good morning, it was a clear, bright blue sky 5 minutes ago but now there are dark clouds looming so I guess more rain on its way.
Yesterday I had an enjoyable hour at the hairdressers, lots of chatting and laughs, but it was heavy sleet/snow both ways 😵‍💫, thankfully none settled.
I popped into our village florist and treated myself to three pots of hyacinths and a jasmine plant.
Today an early dog was before a grocery delivery then some art stuff I think.
Dh has announced he’s not walking the dog any more, no reason. There really is something strange going on with him…..
I will need to work out how to manage two longish walks a day 🤷🏼‍♀️.
I hope today goes well for you all and those travelling have safe journeys 🌹

Pittcity Thu 28-Mar-24 07:10:31

Good morning from a bright, chilly Colchester. There has been rain and there will be more later with high winds.
DH is taking the car for a service and will bring shopping home as garage is next to Lidl.
I am waiting in for a boiler service and parcel deliveries. I'll keep busy with changing our bed and laundry. DS can change his when he surfaces.
We are going out out tonight to see Andy Parsons at our local theatre which is just a short walk away.
Love to all 🦩 x

Mizuna Thu 28-Mar-24 07:12:00

Good morning from a blustery and very wet Cornwall. A day of playing Slithering Crutches for me on these granite pavements! 😂 Ideally I'd head to the beach for the air but I have lots of town-based errands to tackle.

Lovely afternoon yesterday with my good friend talking about everything from the Space Shuttle, which I've accidentally been close to, to grandchildren and avocadoes. As one does.

Like you Ash these next few days will be quiet for me, even though Easter marks the beginning of an influx of holidaymakers to this area, as I suspect it does near you.

Bonnybanko Thu 28-Mar-24 07:19:45

Good morning the dawn is breaking, it’s been a wet night according to my ring doorbell and it’s to be a rainy day here on the east coast of Fife.
I’m looking forward to seeing my lady ironer today she’s coming to help me change my bed and put a multi photo frame on the wall with several photos of my family, it looks great just lying here on my settee - a variety of memories from years ago.

Have a good day

Gingster Thu 28-Mar-24 07:25:43

Good morning all and I think we’re in for a wet gusty day.

Yesterday I bought Easter eggs for the dgc. A few weeks ago on family wassap , everyone agreed to ‘no big eggs’ but lots of small ones just for the Easter egg hunt, to be held at DS1’s garden/house. Then ds2 phoned ME to say it’s not fair for the little ones. So ‘mum in the middle’ has to spread the news. 😤😬. Families Eh! Oh well, !

Had a phone call call night from an old friend to say our mutual friends grandson has a brain tumour. Very sad. 🙏. We had a long chat and she told me about her autistic gs. Such a lot of heartache around. 😢.Everyone seems to have big problems at the moment.

Roseandlilac 💐
Brook good luck with your journey home ✈️.
You too Oops ✈️. Take it easy.
Keep plugging on GM . Good job the other residents have you to fight their corner.👍

Take care 🌷

Alygran Thu 28-Mar-24 07:28:41

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining.
Yesterday was fine and sunny on the coast so we had a lovely walk, fish and chips and ice cream!
Today I’m off to DD2’s for the weekend. DD1 and co are off on a sports weekend in Europe so I’ll only see them briefly. I want to help DD2 with her garden and we plan a day out on Saturday.
I hope the travellers get home safely.
Wishing you all a peaceful Easter.

monk08 Thu 28-Mar-24 07:29:56

Good morning all from the Black country sun shining again but it won't be for long.
Shopping today not much else planned.
Hope all those with plans to return back home manage without too much trouble.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ☀️.

Georgesgran Thu 28-Mar-24 07:32:39

Good morning from a grey, but as yet, dry Durham.
News via text that a friend’s wife has been admitted to hospital. She’s been living with various cancers for many years, but he’s hopeful this is just a glitch.
Coffee this morning with a friend, shopping at Tesco on the way home. Then walk DD2’s little dog and take him home to her. I want to set my dining table later, to save extra work tomorrow.
Best wishes to all. X

luluaugust Thu 28-Mar-24 07:34:22

Good morning from an overcast W Kent. Art group this morning before an Easter break. The gardener is also coming today. I am trying to work out what upset me in last night’s dinner. Moments after finishing I had a racing heart which settled after about half an hour. I am GF but a bit puzzled, I can only think it was the combination of food and the fact it was a ready meal.
Quiet afternoon I think
Safe journeys home
Best wishes to all

Whitewavemark2 Thu 28-Mar-24 07:40:27

Good morning from a bright not very warm South Downs. High winds and rain forecast for all day.

Butcher delivery from the farm, and fish delivery from my local fisherman - re stock my lovely empty defrosted freezer. I have dutifully listed everything and sorted it into drawers. It won’t last of course. The fish is pot luck - depending on what he’s caught, but the fishes are always a very good size and of course very fresh. The meat is what I have chosen, organic, free range and grass fed - expensive, but we eat much less meat now so it lasts for ages. I was also expecting a vegetable delivery, but for some reason the bank refused payment (must look into it) so I added vegetables to my Sainsbury’s delivery also due today. So a day of food shopping!

Yesterday I was able to dig over, compost and replant a small bed with scarlet asters and a salvia of a bruised red colour, I also plan to plant a cerise coloured dahlia. That will hit me in the eye during late summer!

Enjoy you day all

Peace and harmony for the world.

baubles Thu 28-Mar-24 07:41:23

Good morning from South Lanarkshire where it’s dry at the moment.

I really cannot fault our medical practice, I rang yesterday morning and got an appointment for a couple of hours later. The GP agreed that it sounds as though I’ve suffered another vertebral fracture, she rang the on call orthopaedic doctor who said they would see me at A&E. I spent the afternoon there and am now waiting for a call to arrange an MRI. She wants to check that there’s no nerve damage as I’ve had slight urinary leakage since it happened on Saturday.

Safe travels to those on the move and all the best to those coping with illness or worry.

Susan56 Thu 28-Mar-24 07:53:26

Good morning from Shropshire where after heavy rain all night the sun is shining.

DD2, SIL and DGS will be arriving mid morning and are staying for a few days.DD1 and family will join us for lunch.After all the medical appointments I am looking forward to family time and distraction from the thoughts in my head - always worst in the middle of the night.

Roses pace yourself when taking the dog out💐

Oops and Brook wishing you safe journeys and Oops hoping you feel better very soon.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 28-Mar-24 07:53:33

Morning all from a sunny looking West Oxfordshire.
I am taking OH for his urology appointment at a local hospital this morning. We both need to go in case of potential parking shenanigans! I will miss my Book group so will drop off my reading report with my friend who organises it all.
On our return we have our monthly prescriptions to collect and a bit of shopping. Younger son is coming this evening for a few days so OH will pick him up from the station.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 28-Mar-24 07:54:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sunshine is missing 😢

My cold has got worse so I wrapped myself up like a mummy to sweat it out last night. I shall rest today.

My car passed its MOT and the roofer turned up during a break in the rain, climbed his tall extension ladder and cured the dripping ceiling. I think he cleared the gutter.

Good luck Oops and brook for today's travels.

Liberty Thu 28-Mar-24 07:54:19

Good morning from a dull and dry Suffolk. We expect the area to become much busier after today when the schools finish. Yesterday Southwold,where I had coffee and cake with a friend after our keep fit class was quiet and parking easy. It will be anything but from tomorrow.

Off to my stretch class and then lunch with 3 friends up the coast. Plans for Easter keep changing as the Bristol lot have to fit around DGD2’s visit to the fracture clinic to assess her broken ankle which from her account is healing well. That may just be her wish to get rid of the boot as she seems to have abandoned her crutches. Young bones heal so quickly,don’t they?

Hoping those feeling unwell or worried or having difficult journeys have a positive day.