Gransnet forums

Chat

Self care/ pampering do you have time?

(6 Posts)
Sago Mon 05-Oct-26 11:09:24

This morning I have managed more than a quick shower, I have exfoliated, used a hair mask and face mask.
My serums and moisturiser have all been applied using a little electrical device that makes my skin tingle, I am covered in an oily body lotion and am about to tackle toes and fingers before I blow dry my hair.
This seems to have taken up a lot of the morning and I am not finished yet!

I would love to say I am going to build all this in to a daily routine but honestly I do not think I have the time.

Do you spend much time on self care or like me are most mornings a quick shower and some moisturiser?

eddiecat78 Mon 05-Oct-26 11:18:29

I do have the time - but I really can't be bothered!

Calendargirl Mon 05-Oct-26 11:26:28

No, never do anything like that.

I shower, wash my hair, dry it.

Just use soap and water on my face, shower gel to wash body with.

Bit of hand cream on at bedtime, and foot cream when I think about it.

Cut my own toenails when they need it, but getting very tough to do.

That’s it really.

tanith Mon 05-Oct-26 11:31:59

I do whats necessary, shower shave legs if needed, hair, face moisturiser with spf daily and night time if I remember, cut toe nails, hand cream when i remember. Thats about it my daughter trims my hair so no hairdressers.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-26 11:57:39

Yes, I am a believer in self care.

CarrotTop Mon 05-Oct-26 12:04:11

Some days I do have the time for "self care", other days I don't. Either way, I never bother. Like all propaganda, first the advertisers (and glossy mags and influencers and anyone else hoping to make an easy buck) make potential buyers feel convinced that they have a problem. Then it offers a miracle product which will solve said problem. It's a wonder we're still swallowing those myths whole, but as we get gradually wiser, so the advertisers (etc) get a little craftier.