Gransnet forums

Chat

Does this still stress you now?

(8 Posts)
Mollygo Wed 07-Oct-26 11:02:50

New research reveals that the most time-consuming back-to-school task for parents isn't the school run, but planning family meals. According to a survey by Mindful Chef, parents spend the equivalent of 15 working days annually deciding what to cook, adding to the stress of the new school term.

I sometimes find it difficult to decide what we’re going to eat for the week.
Should somebody tell these poor parents that this stress doesn’t get any easier?

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 11:03:38

😂🤣😂🤣😂 Yes!

Fallingstar Wed 07-Oct-26 11:05:24

Oh I would love to have staff who could take over the weekly shop and making of meals. I sometimes like cooking but it can get tedious and time consuming.

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 11:05:48

Fallingstar

Oh I would love to have staff who could take over the weekly shop and making of meals. I sometimes like cooking but it can get tedious and time consuming.

Yes!!!!

Calendargirl Wed 07-Oct-26 11:12:57

Apparently, nowadays, family meals often involve cooking different dishes for different family members.

Not in my day it didn’t.

Why? 🤷‍♀️ No wonder everything is such a big deal.

We all ate the same meal, DH, two children and me.

Some meals more popular than others, but on the whole, it worked pretty well.

No one too fussy, each of us didn’t like certain foods, but we managed, and little food waste.

Sometimes I think things are over complicated these days.

Mollygo Wed 07-Oct-26 11:13:33

I should have mentioned, or put in quotes the fact that my first paragraph came from Netmums.

Shel1951 Wed 07-Oct-26 11:16:10

Yes

Sago Wed 07-Oct-26 11:45:19

I am glad to hear there are parents putting so much thought in to their children’s diets and not just banging “beige” food from the freezer to the oven.

I loved planning and preparing food for the family even with three children and both of us working.

My mother was a miserable and resentful cook, mealtimes were a battleground, I created something far more positive for our children.