Gransnet forums

Christmas

All I want for Christmas is ???

(108 Posts)
sazz1 Tue 24-Nov-20 21:06:43

I really don't know what I want for Christmas this year. So can you all tell me what you would like to receive and give me some ideas? I don't wear jewellery but all ideas welcome.
Oh and what was your worst present ever? Mine was a small jar of instant coffee from DDs boyfriend at the time.

Froglady Sat 28-Nov-20 16:10:49

boodymum67

Hey Froglady! That doesn't sound good. I am wheelie too and wear a warm cape with fur collar and a fleecy blanket round my legs. They do hurt when they get cold.

I`m same size as you too.

Have managed to find a cost at Debenhams and it is doing the job, thank goodness!

Hazeld Thu 26-Nov-20 13:12:01

Sorry. I meant flowers

Hazeld Thu 26-Nov-20 13:11:05

Joannapiano. I hope all goes well for you both on 17th December. We will be thinking of you. (flowers)

Sallywally1 Thu 26-Nov-20 09:58:09

Non material - to have peace and reconciliation with my daughter.

Material - other half buying me a new watch as mine has broken (chosen by me).

Ro60 Thu 26-Nov-20 09:51:26

Aargh pred. text grand-parents rather

Anniezee Thu 26-Nov-20 09:51:00

Lucca - I totally agree. We do not have the right to enjoy Christmas in the same way as we would do in a normal year - this is not a normal year and to do so risks people's lives. Enjoy Christmas and kill your gran, grandad .....I cannot understand the selfishness of people who want to carry on as they would normally. There are even supermarket TV ads for party food!!! Even heard on TV this morning that in the worst hit parts of Kent people are "fed up" with the guidelines and so are "doing their own thing"!!!! Pictures showed crowded high street with no one wearing a mask.
No wonder we are in such a mess. What a selfish world.

DillytheGardener Thu 26-Nov-20 09:45:19

(It should be mentioned I will receive neither of these things, but likely an assortment of very odd gifts)

Ro60 Thu 26-Nov-20 09:44:56

And my worst a book on trains from my brother - I read it cover to cover to discover the reason for his choice gift - there wasn't just a quirk of his personality.

DillytheGardener Thu 26-Nov-20 09:41:34

I would like a cashmere tracksuit from The White Company and a bottle of Champagne. (And good health for my family and friends of course too with a dash of World peace!) Sawsage2 you made me laugh, who on earth gave you that, I hope you gave them one lump of coal the next year.

Ro60 Thu 26-Nov-20 09:40:19

Diary, winter gloves, toiletries and laverbread if one of my children would like to order it on-line. Used to adore this when we visited my brand-new parents in A Wales

Shropshirelass Thu 26-Nov-20 09:18:23

My DD would probably say her worst present was when I gave her a vacuum cleaner, she had just purchased a new house. I might add that she had several other more personal gifs but her face said it all when she opened her present of the vc! I am sure she found it useful but it has never been mentioned again, it was about 20 years ago!

LovesToBake Thu 26-Nov-20 02:58:39

A vaccine.?

Kate51 Thu 26-Nov-20 02:11:13

New pair of slippers and a good book.

Sawsage2 Thu 26-Nov-20 01:16:25

My worst present was a beautifully wrapped ONE chocolate.

OceanMama Wed 25-Nov-20 22:15:24

I just want to be left alone to have some quiet time. I'll probably get some of that.

BusterTank Wed 25-Nov-20 21:52:49

Something I actually need than want .

Lavazza1st Wed 25-Nov-20 20:48:34

@Redhead56 thanks for understanding. Yes I want Brexit and Covid to go away too. I should have mentioned them! I hope you get your wish. flowers

nightwriter Wed 25-Nov-20 19:45:54

I was supposed to be flying to Turkey to spend Christmas with my daughter who lives there but the infection rate has gone up where she lives and people over 60, which is me, only allowed out at certain times. We have decided to cancel as the risk is high and everything is closed. All I want for Christmas is for this bloomin bug to go away.

gmarie Wed 25-Nov-20 19:41:53

Ditto many others on here. I want to see Covid relegated to the trash heap of history. Personally, I'm hoping against hope that my oldest son will beat the cancer odds once again and would love to spend the entire holiday season hugging and laughing with all of my grown "kids".

grannypiper Wed 25-Nov-20 19:21:13

I would like Santa to bring me an electric tin opener and a bar of Heyland and Whittle Prosecco soap. I would love to see my family but i wont, i will hope and pray that next Christmas we will be together.

joannapiano Wed 25-Nov-20 19:11:34

I’m very touched by everyone’s kind thoughts. I really didn’t want to put a big downer on this Christmas thread !
Thinking of everyone who has had a bad year.

GrannyRose15 Wed 25-Nov-20 18:05:14

I never get bad presents. Every one is given and received with love. And that's all that matters.

GrannyRose15 Wed 25-Nov-20 18:01:43

The best present I have ever received was for this year's birthday. At age 64, my three year old grandson knew exactly what would be the ideal present for Granny - a Lego submarine. If I live to be a hundred, I don't think I'll ever get a better present or one that gives me more joy.

Supernain Wed 25-Nov-20 17:38:01

I’m having a mushroom and red wine wellington!

HillyN Wed 25-Nov-20 17:37:20

I think we would all want good health for us or our families and the flu jab but that doesn't really help the OP with ideas, does it?
On my wish list I have a sweatshirt, a handbag, a bird box and some pretty mugs. There were a few other suggestions but I had them for my November birthday. I also wanted a L'Occitane Advent calendar but they are sold out.
A neighbour is a great bargain hunter and every Christmas gives us a carrier bag of random items from charity shops or bargain buckets, often for the garden. It has become quite a joke looking through them all- some are naff and we have a laugh but there are some things that are quite useful, for example a ball of twine, plant labels, seeds (past their date but some still grew!). One year there was a rather nice spray nozzle for a hosepipe- but the wrong size for our hosepipe!