Gransnet forums

Christmas

The Gransnet Virtual Christmas party 2020 with Ensure NutriVigor

(393 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 14-Dec-20 10:25:42

A festive hello to all gransnetters! tchsmile

As everyone else seems to already have their fairy lights twinkling and baubles out, we thought it’s time for us to do the same. So welcome everyone to our annual Gransnet Christmas Party. As health has been top of most of our agendas this year, we’re thrilled that Ensure NutriVigor is sponsoring this year’s festivities.

Not only that but they are giving one lucky gransnetter on this thread a £100 voucher to spend at a shop of their choice to start the new year in style (usual competition T&Cs apply). The winner will be picked at random from all who comment on this thread by 11am on 1st January 2021, so don’t forget to pop on and wish your fellow GNers a merry Christmas! flowers

It’s fair to say 2020 has been a bit of a shocker, and we know that because of health concerns, long distances, or many other reasons, plenty of you will be spending Christmas on your own. Which is where the Gransnet Virtual Christmas Party comes in. No need to battle the ghastly traffic, icy weather or smile through the sprouts. Simply don your sparkliest finery, pour a glass of your favourite tipple and come join us for some good company, virtual mince pies and questionable taste in Christmas decor - we do gaudy very well here at HQ. tchgrin

Everyone is welcome (as long as you bring something tasty to add to our virtual buffet) and even if you’ve got a busy day planned do pop in and wish your fellow gransnetters a Merry Christmas.

In the meantime shall we get into the spirit with some really cheesy Christmas jokes? Who’s first?

Sbarrow67 Tue 20-Dec-22 22:24:55

My grandson's favourite joke is,

What's the difference between snowmen and snowwomen?

Snowballs ⛄

LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 21-Jan-21 08:51:37

Thank you to everyone who took part in our virtual Christmas party - we hope you had a good time! The winner of the £100 voucher is @MadfromWales - congratulations grin

fionajk42 Mon 04-Jan-21 15:56:36

OK, I need to vent, people are so ungrateful! I will never help anyone again, EVER! Either I'm too kind-hearted, too stupid or too gullible. Because it was so cold yesterday, and out of the kindness of my heart, I took a homeless man into my home. I felt so sorry for him, poor thing was frozen with cold. I let him stay in my sitting room overnight. This morning he had vanished, without even saying thank you! The last straw? I realised he had peed all over the living room floor! That's the thanks I get for being kind. I'm warning my friends & family to watch out for him. He's heavy set, 2 black eyes, orange pointy nose, and wearing nothing but a scarf and a battered old hat. Don't invite him into your homes. He made a huge puddle on our floor, and left us with a scruffy old scarf and hat that are not even fit to be given to charity. Be warned!

Janburry Fri 01-Jan-21 10:44:37

I sent all my family and friends a lovely GIF stating Happy New Year '2020' maybe l was hoping for a better outcome second time round ?

Jansau Thu 31-Dec-20 23:24:45

How does King Wenceslas like his pizza.
Deep pan crisp and even.
Baboom

robyn297 Thu 31-Dec-20 22:59:29

Happy New Year everyone! Hoping this year we will get to see our family and friends again.

seacliff Thu 31-Dec-20 22:38:05

youtu.be/x-TJvP0RqUs

sock it to them!!!

SwiftShark Thu 31-Dec-20 22:22:57

My New Year's resolution is to procrastinate... I'll start on Monday!
Happy New Year everyone ?

Lewie Thu 31-Dec-20 22:17:41

When Corona is a beer again
When Donald is only a duck
When tiers sit on a cake
And when bubbles only exist in champagne

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Whatdayisit Thu 31-Dec-20 19:33:25

Happy New Year to all Gransnetters. Hope everyone is keeping it together and i hope better times are ahead for everyone.
My thoughts are with anyone who has lost loved ones this year.
I passed the funeral of a 16 year old boy today - killed in a hit and run. What a way for a family to end their year.
I'm counting my blessings tonight and i am lucky enough to have many.
Cursing the fireworks though!
Happy New Year!

Blondie82 Thu 31-Dec-20 18:22:10

During xmas who sneaks round the bakery at night? Mince spies

sloan Thu 31-Dec-20 16:47:44

Looking out of the window in Moscow, Rudolph and his wife were having an argument about whether it was raining or not, but Rudolph won the argument with 'Rudolph the Red knows rain, deer!'

Pittcity Thu 31-Dec-20 16:41:24

Happy New Year all wine

langelei Thu 31-Dec-20 14:27:27

May 2021 be kinder to us all and the New year be filled with light and love for everyone tchsmile HAPPY NEW YEAR! wine

dani4 Thu 31-Dec-20 14:20:45

Happy New Year everyone, and remember...

If you make a New Year’s resolution to eat a healthy diet, and you keep it, you won’t actually live longer, but it will seem longer ;)

JANH Thu 31-Dec-20 12:40:37

Best wishes to everyone for 2021, let’s hope we can get about again and enjoy our holidays and whatever else matters.
A joke, what does a frog drink - Croakacola

Omaoma57 Thu 31-Dec-20 12:31:07

Festive greetings to all on GN, and a Happy New Year!

dahlia08 Thu 31-Dec-20 11:33:54

I would love to wish everyone a happy New a Year 2021 and hope to have something good to look forward to. It will take some time to have normality, we can only hope. Wish everyone a healthy and happy time ahead. x

vickya Thu 31-Dec-20 11:30:40

I have enjoyed the jokes very much, thank you. I liked the Boris and cake tier one especially.
Happy New Year, grandmas and grandpas and I hope we all get to see more of or some of grandchildren in 2021.

Candelle Thu 31-Dec-20 11:25:49

I am hopeless with jokes (I do enjoy reading them) but just wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year.

Let us hope that 2021 is a vast improvement on this year....in many many ways.

Perhaps this time next year the horror will be gently fading.... as we hug our families at will.

sharkgirl Thu 31-Dec-20 11:05:48

What's small, green and goes up and down? A brussell sprout stuck in a lift

Pittcity Thu 31-Dec-20 10:57:34

Instead of a kiss on New Year's Eve, Boris is recommending you simply gaze at your beloved and knowingly nod. ??

grandtanteJE65 Thu 31-Dec-20 10:42:56

Happy New Year, everyone.

May it turn into a healthy one soon!

Rufus2 Thu 31-Dec-20 10:28:22

exchanged for another one - free of charge
Compermo We must use the same speechwriter! tchgrin
See the "Good Evening Wednesday" thread!
Happy New Year

noynoyavery Thu 31-Dec-20 08:46:42

Hope you all had as lovely a day as can be expected.
Our Christmas cracker joke is "What do you call to underwear thieves? A pair of Knickers!"