Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas as usual

(65 Posts)
Callistemon Wed 16-Dec-20 10:31:19

We normally have a couple of get togethers with neighbours so that won't be happening and we would probably stay overnight at DS and DIL's which we are not doing.
Otherwise we hope to have a quieter but enjoyable Christmas.

The decorations are up with just a very small tree this year.

I hope your DH can spend Christmas Day with you M0nica and gets well again soon.

Alioop Wed 16-Dec-20 10:11:26

Xmas cupboard filled, beef bought(no turkey for 1st time ever), presents in gift bags to leave outside doors and house all decorated, probably more than its ever been. Just my sis & I, plus our doggies, so all ready just to sit and look at each other all day. Whoopie doo!

SuzannahM Tue 15-Dec-20 21:36:46

Everything normal here - decorations are almost finished, cards are sent. We're far away from our families so rarely see them anyway. Lots of walks. A few of our favourite films. We don't drink much alcohol but will have the odd Baileys (probably home made version) and a glass of wine with lunch. No turkey as OH doesn't like it, probably a nice bit of beef or pork, haven't decided yet. Just a restful, peaceful time I hope.

Monica I hope your DH is home with you for Christmas, and feeling better and you both have a lovely, normal, Christmas.

Galaxy Tue 15-Dec-20 21:05:10

I have bought vast amounts of food and drink wine, we are not having people round, we will be eating and drinking for months grin

M0nica Tue 15-Dec-20 19:58:16

annsixty Thank you.

annsixty Tue 15-Dec-20 16:09:31

Sorry to hear your DH is in hospital M0nica I send best wishes to him for a speedy return home to you.

Situpstraight2 Tue 15-Dec-20 15:38:52

Apart from seeing family, Christmas will be the same as other years. Decs have been up for over a week, lights up indoors and out, presents bought and waiting to be wrapped DDs and GCs all sent via courier.
Food and drink all in too. Just fresh stuff to buy.

BigBertha1 Tue 15-Dec-20 15:16:09

We will be almost normal except for inviting neighbours in for drinks or elongated shopping trips with nice lunches. Juts a quiet one really but decorations and food all the same. Lots of TV, lots of food and the demon drink. wine

Marydoll Tue 15-Dec-20 15:10:18

Reported.

sewgadgets314 Tue 15-Dec-20 14:52:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lemongrove Tue 15-Dec-20 14:47:36

Yes, much as normal here too, but with some social distancing going on, and no visitors staying over ( or staying all that long really.) The house is already decorated and we seem to have a G&T or a Baileys to hand most evenings.?

jusnoneed Tue 15-Dec-20 13:38:58

Blackberry gin sounds good!

It will be a normal christmas here, no fuss/no decorations/turkey because OH thinks it's not crimbo without it (wouldn't bother myself), pressies swap with son (we don't give to each other) and just us two to feed.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Dec-20 13:17:24

We are doing the same Monica house is decorated inside and out, Turkey, ham etc all ordered.

I could not imagine not celebrating Christmas, this year will just be quieter ??

Namsnanny Tue 15-Dec-20 13:15:12

Same here!

M0nica Tue 15-Dec-20 13:03:09

I have decided to have a normal Christmas. That doesn't mean any breaking of rules.

It means that the house will be as decorated as it always is, cooking and catering will be as normal and those present will do all the usual things. On the day, there may be only DD and me as DH is in hospital, he may be home, he may have day release, or we may be visiting him.

It was writing about my childhood as an army brat. No matter where we were. Christmas day was always the same. I suddenly realised that we were in a similar situation this year and I ddid not want ' year without Christmas' when I allow outside circumstances change our traditions, so everything is going ahead and normal.

Must just dash off and decant the blackberry gin.