Gransnet forums

Christmas

Who said romance is dead ?

(16 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Thu 09-Dec-21 23:08:54

A couple were Christmas shopping and the shopping centre was packed and as the wife walked round she realised her husband was nowhere to be seen. She became so worried that she called him on his mobile phone.

In a quiet voice he answered “Do you remember the jewellers we went to 10 years ago when you fell in love with that diamond necklace we couldn’t afford and I told you I’d get it for you one day?

The wife choked up and started to cry and said “ Oh yes darling I do remember that shop” Her husband replied “Well, I’m in the pub next door to it!

Ro60 Thu 09-Dec-21 23:12:14

Aarh! Lovely ?

Marydoll Thu 09-Dec-21 23:13:24

? Sounds like my husband!
Thank you, that made me smile!

crazyH Thu 09-Dec-21 23:16:39

I needed that laugh…..poor Rosarie (Bereavement)….I hope she sees this and it brings a smile to her sad face ..

Grannynannywanny Thu 09-Dec-21 23:25:46

Oh no, I hadn’t seen Rosarie’s post. Apologies if mine appears insensitive. It made me chuckle when my friend sent it to me this evening and I thought I’d share it here and hopefully raise a few smiles.

crazyH Fri 10-Dec-21 01:22:48

No that’s fine Gnw….I’m sure Rosarie wouldn’t mind.

BigBertha1 Fri 10-Dec-21 07:02:35

I hope she popped into the jeweller and bought it for herself.

Marydoll Fri 10-Dec-21 07:14:39

I read the post to DH, he laughed out loud, probably because he recognised himself!

Lincslass Fri 10-Dec-21 08:03:21

Grannynannywanny

A couple were Christmas shopping and the shopping centre was packed and as the wife walked round she realised her husband was nowhere to be seen. She became so worried that she called him on his mobile phone.

In a quiet voice he answered “Do you remember the jewellers we went to 10 years ago when you fell in love with that diamond necklace we couldn’t afford and I told you I’d get it for you one day?

The wife choked up and started to cry and said “ Oh yes darling I do remember that shop” Her husband replied “Well, I’m in the pub next door to it!

Made me chuckle, thanks.

Grannynannywanny Fri 10-Dec-21 08:04:03

Marydoll ?

Whiff Fri 10-Dec-21 08:34:43

Hilarious ?????. Sort of thing my late husband would have said. Thank you for the laugh.

GagaJo Fri 10-Dec-21 09:16:23

Sounds exactly like my bloke. And he'd think he was hilarous too.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 10-Dec-21 09:20:46

That’s brilliant! Nice to have something to smile about.

DanniRae Fri 10-Dec-21 09:35:14

tchgrintchgrin

J52 Fri 10-Dec-21 09:43:28

So funny, I laughed out loud. Just read it to DH, who laughed as well. Could act as a hint, or a warning not to do the same! ?

GagaJo Fri 10-Dec-21 10:18:37

I sent it to my bloke. He laughed but said I could have whatever I liked for Christmas. Think he's missing the point slightly!