Gransnet forums

Christmas

Christmas lunch booking

(53 Posts)
multicolourswapshop Wed 05-Oct-22 22:41:48

Hi, those who wish to come to Kirkcaldy in Fife for a Christmas lunch please contact me and I’ll arrange a time place and date. An early booking should guarantee a group booking I’ve looked at the menu on fife college campus their reviews are five star and naturally it will have wheelchair access. I’ve requested a Christmas lunch menu and will send on at your leisure. It’s going to be fun and games meeting up for the first time in a long while.

Prentice Thu 06-Oct-22 16:16:00

Kalu

Good grief. What’s happening on GN when a poster attempts to arrange a friendly get to get her for lunch, another poster sends the OP a PM, so upsetting that the OP no longer wants to stay on GN!

Appalling behaviour by whoever the coward sending the PM is.

How does anyone know that the OP has been sent a negative sounding message?
Everybody on here is sending pleasant messages of support.
In any case the OP should not worry about it, and just see who on here is happy to meet for Christmas lunch.
I am sure there are many who would like this.

multicolourswapshop Thu 06-Oct-22 16:39:29

Hurrah I’ve got 10 confirmed friends going to Christmas lunch
I’m so looking forward to seeing them again nothing beats a good catch up over a nice meal.

madeleine45 Thu 06-Oct-22 16:40:14

I too live too far away to come but thought it was a lovely idea and wished that I could join you. So thankyou for the idea and the effort, whether or not it goes ahead, you made the effort and I am sure that the greater majority of gransnet think that it was a really good idea and were pleased to be asked. All the best whatever you do

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Oct-22 16:42:46

Well, I’m glad it’s resolved in a positive way after all ?

Kalu Thu 06-Oct-22 16:49:32

Prentice

Kalu

Good grief. What’s happening on GN when a poster attempts to arrange a friendly get to get her for lunch, another poster sends the OP a PM, so upsetting that the OP no longer wants to stay on GN!

Appalling behaviour by whoever the coward sending the PM is.

How does anyone know that the OP has been sent a negative sounding message?
Everybody on here is sending pleasant messages of support.
In any case the OP should not worry about it, and just see who on here is happy to meet for Christmas lunch.
I am sure there are many who would like this.

As there was no upsetting post to the OP on the thread, it could only have come via a PM. Upsetting enough for the OP to leave.

I am pleased to see mcss’s update

Well done mcss. I am sure you will all have a lovely day catching up with one another.

ixion Thu 06-Oct-22 16:52:58

Such good news - and congratulations for not being side-tracked by any Miseries!
Keep us posted?

Blossoming Thu 06-Oct-22 17:23:40

What a lovely outcome, I’m sure it will be a joyful occasion.

Charleygirl5 Thu 06-Oct-22 19:01:08

I was born at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy but it is a tad far from London!

That is a very good menu for the price.

MawtheMerrier Thu 06-Oct-22 19:07:57

multicolourswapshop

Sorry folks I’m no longer interested in booking a Christmas lunch just for the chosen few please refrain from putting your name forward I’m leaving gransnet once and for all I don’t like the politics it’s been a pleasure having gained a few friends who have supported me during my stroke journey

I don’t know who has upset you - and even less why but good for you getting organised.
My book club have booked their Christmas meal as the popular places book up quickly.So, more strength to your elbow (and give the elbow to whoever set out to spoil things)

hulahoop Thu 06-Oct-22 19:13:53

Looks a good deal too far for me hope you all going have a good time x

MawtheMerrier Thu 06-Oct-22 19:22:21

Aveline

confused

Why the confused Aveline ?

Aveline Thu 06-Oct-22 20:08:29

Because I hadn't seen any negative posts. That's all. Obviously there must be something going on behind the scenes.

Callistemon21 Fri 07-Oct-22 10:05:30

I hadn't seen any negative posts either but I'm sorry if something went on behind the scenes, mcss.

The menu looks very good, unfortunately I can't come as it's too far but just to say hope you all have a good get together.

A group of us (not Gransnetters) used to go to a FE college for a "Pamper Day" which included an excellent lunch cooked by catering students.
Unfortunately, the college is not functioning any more sad

multicolourswapshop Fri 07-Oct-22 11:16:29

Hi everyone all is good now thank you for your support. The lunch is going ahead but unfortunately the Gransnet’s aren’t coming I’ve booked friends only now

multicolourswapshop Fri 07-Oct-22 11:17:49

The spoilsport has practically apologised she’s admitted to jumping the gun

Aveline Fri 07-Oct-22 11:19:43

Why not write up the whole story and let others judge the situation? It sounds like there's more to it.

FannyCornforth Fri 07-Oct-22 11:55:50

Aveline

Why not write up the whole story and let others judge the situation? It sounds like there's more to it.

Definitely do not do this mcss.
It will cause no end of trouble.

Blossoming Fri 07-Oct-22 12:04:53

I agree FannyC, the Christmas lunch is arranged to mcss’s satisfaction, best to let this thread go now.

Aveline Fri 07-Oct-22 12:28:06

Yes. Most likely for the best but I don't like seeing others castigated publicly

Kalu Fri 07-Oct-22 13:05:22

Aveline

Yes. Most likely for the best but I don't like seeing others castigated publicly

Who has been castigated publicly?

Aveline Fri 07-Oct-22 13:21:09

"The Gransnets"

kittylester Fri 07-Oct-22 13:34:57

I can't see that.

Kalu Fri 07-Oct-22 14:11:42

For whatever reason, the Gransnet’s, are not going. No castigation that I can see.

Aveline Fri 07-Oct-22 14:23:37

The "Gransnets" means other Gransnetters.

Blossoming Fri 07-Oct-22 14:44:26

Please, let this go before someone gets hurt. The situation has been resolved.