Christmas

Portly Santa

(12 Posts)
AussieGran59 Mon 19-Dec-22 01:08:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blossoming Mon 19-Dec-22 01:10:29

Misery guts!

Redhead56 Mon 19-Dec-22 01:13:55

Fat Santa old and bearded is what we grew up with. Just like never a trust skinny chef some traditions have to stay just as they are.

AussieGran59 Mon 19-Dec-22 01:23:50

absent Mon 19-Dec-22 05:33:36

I was (and still am, although not professionally) a skinny chef. No one ever complained.

Spice101 Mon 19-Dec-22 06:14:19

I heard that on the radio this morning. We all know being the ideal weight is better for everyone but isn't it body shaming to say fat Santa's should not exist?

I was quite offended by the comments which stated that fat Santa's give the message that one has to overeat to enjoy the festivities. Utter bollocks. What happened to people being able take things as a bit of fun instead of everything having to be perfect? Also who is to say fat Santa's are fat from factors other than overeating?

Ashcombe Mon 19-Dec-22 06:33:31

Also who is to say fat Santa's are fat from factors other than overeating?

Yes, sometimes, it's the cushions inserted for extra padding!!

Hetty58 Mon 19-Dec-22 06:43:44

I'm an expert at overeating - especially at Christmas - but not fat, so just lucky. Don't most people eat, drink - and be merry (if they can) at this time of year?

I think it's utterly ridiculous to say that fat Santas send the 'wrong message'. Why not tax junk food and reduce the cost of basic, healthy stuff - all year round?

nanna8 Mon 19-Dec-22 07:50:05

We dress up Santa every year for a large group I am involved with. We tie a large cushion round his waist because he is a super fit slim man. A thin Santa just doesn’t cut it. For me if they ban fat Santa’s it would have the opposite effect , I would just eat more deliberately because I don’t want my life to be ruled by these fanatics. They should emigrate to Beijing.

M0nica Mon 19-Dec-22 08:01:25

'.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.'

The world would be a very dull place if nobody ever veered from the narrow high-walled blinkered place where everyone always did what was best for their health and disapproved of every one who deviated by one iota from the constantly changing doctor-defined straight and narrow.

So hoorah for Father Christmas, in all his rotundity. I am down with a winter bug at the moment, so at sometime today, slumped in a lack lustre way on the settee, and not feeling hungry, I will put on the Muppet Christmas Carol and luxuriate in the wonder of Christmas Present, vast, rotund, surrounded by cornucopia's of food, rich and colourful food, not the plates of brown turd like food seen in supermarket ads.

In fact I may feel so much better after I have seen the film, that I will reach over and eat a Ferrero Roche.

Witzend Mon 19-Dec-22 08:39:15

‘Tis the season of the odd killjoy, I’m afraid.
Nearly as bad as the odd teacher, vicar, or anyone else in a position to do so, who take it upon themselves to tell assembled children that Father Christmas doesn’t exist.

There ought to be, by law IMO, a special case of very painful piles meted out to such wretched miseries.😈

AussieGran59 Mon 19-Dec-22 08:40:47