Gransnet forums

Classics

Denture and a date - Help!

(83 Posts)
Deni1963 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:35:25

Thanks girls. Yes 1st Internet date and we will see. We both seem to like each other and have talked a lot on the phone.
Hi Sazz - really? Even kissing? If all goes well then yes I'd like a good snog! Just nerous as hell and wondering whether to say nothing or be upfront should things develop.

Sazz1006 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:17:11

Re the denture-I had a partial denture prior to having an implant and my hubby certainly never noticed it! Fixodent is your friend!

Sazz1006 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:14:39

The best thing to do is put your worries to one side and enjoy the date. Are you worried he may be able to tell you have a denture if you have a kiss? What sort of kiss are you expecting grin.?
Just a word of warning from someone who has been on nearly 30 internet dates - it can be so easy to expect to fall instantly for the person you’ve built up such a great online rapport with when you meet but it can be a bit of a letdown. Out of all my dates, there was only 1 that I really liked and he didn’t like me! Like I said before, just enjoy the experience of getting ready for a date but don’t overthink it. Let us know how it goes!

OldMeg Thu 15-Mar-18 14:07:27

Isn’t there some kind of adhesive you can use?

I’ve not idea if a plate is kiss proof! Come on you snogging grans with dentures, help this lady out! ??

Deni1963 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:03:53

No never! But what if we kiss? God. This sucks.

Sazz1006 Thu 15-Mar-18 13:55:11

I’m with OldMeg on this. Don’t overthink it, enjoy your date and think of it as a nice night out even if it turns out that he’s not you were hoping he would be. I did years of internet dating and it didn’t occur to me to worry on the first date about what may or may not be on view if there was development of the relationship. Have you done internet dating before?

OldMeg Thu 15-Mar-18 13:37:20

Denil forget your dentures. Just enjoy his company, or not, as the case may be. Don’t overthink things.

Deni1963 Thu 15-Mar-18 13:15:15

So Ive been chatting to a lovely man 61 - I'm 54. He is funny, charming and makes me smile.
He is driving down Saturday night to meet. And staying over night in a very lovely hotel which has the best restaurant here, so he doesn't have to worry about having a few glasses of wine.
My question is I'm nervous. I have a partial denture with plate. And if we became intimate in the future I'm worried. I haven't told him.
He admits he is a little superficial - do you think I should tell him before anything happens? Or would he not notice.... anyone else been in a similar situation? ?