Gransnet forums

Classics

Over 50? Here's what you're not allowed to do.

(104 Posts)
forgetful Thu 02-May-19 13:58:37

According to this charming gentleman, over 50s should not use emojis, be on Twitter, wear daring clothing (a la Helena Christensen in her bustier top the other day) or admit to having sex. Really?! Tell me not to do something and it's only going to make me want to do it more. Might be setting up a Twitter account in a moment so I can brag about my sex life using some risqué emojis just to spite him. angry

AshleysGran Mon 26-Dec-22 16:37:21

"Old enough to know better - too old to care!"

biglouis Wed 04-Jan-23 14:23:23

I know somebody who never ever wore knickers

Except for prostitutes in 16th century Venice knickers were not generally worn until the 19th century and then only by posh people!

Tommo Tue 10-Jan-23 04:00:45

I’ve read enough!
I really don’t mind what people do in the privacy of their own home, contained in their own room, remain quiet while doing it, and don’t inform me afterward.
It’s a bit like closing the toilet door. One should consider the possible crowd gathering act as a deterrent, not a side show.
Even the thought of two individuals, or possibly more, grunting and groaning in a lather of sweat and baby oil on black silk sheets in the next room or even in the same neighbourhood or country puts me off my dinner. Add the wrinkles and arthritis of a group of geriatrics and I’m booking a flight to Mars.
I have a policy for exposing flesh outdoors. Don’t. Rolls of it more so. I know some people are into that sort of thing but I’m sure DSM 5 has a syndrome for it.
And doing anything to spite another is suspiciously like revenge or idiocy or both.
My mother had a rule. Before leaving the house, look in the mirror. She had placed a full length one on the back of the front door. Ask yourself: Would my mother approve? Knowing much mother you’d go back and change just to be sure