When I was young my mother was bringing the turkey etc through for xmas dinner. We had an old dining table that had extension in middle. As soon as my mum had put everything down, it all fell down the middle! we just sat and stared. Most of it was salvageable luckily!!
More recently, I decided to make soup in my soup maker, just using what was in cupboard. I cooked broth mix and rice to the soup maker (just guessed quantities - as you do) and added chopped carrot and celery. I left it to cool down for the next day. Tried to pour it into a bowl, however extremely thick. Still ate it as was hungry. Looked more like pease pudding or something but tasted ok
I decided to make chocolate eclairs, something I'm normally good at, I'd made my choux pastry, piped onto trays, put in a preheated oven, and put my feet up with a cuppa, and a magazine whilst I waited on my eclairs to puff up and bake to a golden brown colour.
About 10 minutes later I could smell an electrical burning smell. I rushed around the house, like a sniffer dog, switching off sockets and trying to detect where the smell was coming from, to no avail. Started to think the smell must be originating outside. Five minutes later, I thought I'd better check on my eclairs as they would be well on the way to being ready.
When I opened the oven it looked as if a volcano had occurred, as it was full of a lava like substance,
Unbeknown to me, I'd piped my eclairs onto silver coated plastic trays, which had melted all over my oven, with blobs of choux pastry mixed amongst it for effect.
It took months, and months of hard graft and elbow grease to scrape the debris from my oven. And although I love them, I've never made eclairs since.