Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(830 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:55:24

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners. You can find past winners on our previous 'Won anything?' thread here.

Best of luck!

GNHQ

NannyTee Fri 29-Dec-17 11:51:38

I havnt received my vouchers and books either .

callgirl1 Sun 31-Dec-17 22:49:22

I still haven`t heard from the ferry company, I wondered if MOnica and Grannymoz had heard anything?

NannyTee Wed 03-Jan-18 10:53:22

I have just received my senior moments prize. Thanks GN.

travelsafar Fri 05-Jan-18 08:29:57

Still no luck with my prize GN.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 05-Jan-18 17:04:59

Hi travelsafar and callgirl1 - apologies for missing your posts. I've chased both prizes up with the relevant people, so hopefully I'll have an update for you soon. Sorry for the delay!

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 05-Jan-18 17:06:15

Also, congratulations to gillybob who has won a signed copy of Dr Chatterjee's The Four Pillar Plan following our Facebook Live session earlier this afternoon smile

travelsafar Fri 05-Jan-18 21:06:41

Many thanks LauraGransnet

callgirl1 Mon 08-Jan-18 17:01:35

Many thanks Laura, I received the email from them this morning.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 11-Jan-18 11:52:29

Huge congratulations to Matriark who was won a Lonely Planet Kids book bundle!

Congrats also to Truffle1 and wondergran who have won copies of The Incredible Cabinet of Wonders.

Do check your emails for details smile

annsixty Thu 11-Jan-18 12:01:26

Just to say I have now received my 2nd delivery of flowers from bloomon which I won in November. Still 4 more to go.
They are an absolute delight as they are very unusual. Some very exotic flowers, some unknown to me.
I would post a photo if I could but my flower arranging prowess is zilch, however I just love them, thank you GN.

travelsafar Thu 11-Jan-18 16:50:26

I have at last received my prize.It was worth the wait as the items have come beautifully wrapped and are gorgeous.Thanks Gransnet.

Truffle1 Fri 12-Jan-18 13:28:12

Nice surprise! Looking forward to receiving my prize.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 17-Jan-18 14:18:10

annsixty - so happy you're enjoying them!

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 17-Jan-18 14:27:12

We'd like to offer our congratulations to GrannyBear who is the winner of our exclusive newsletter competition and has won a gorgeous copy of Rachel Roddy's Two Kitchens!

If you'd like to receive access to an exclusive competition each week, sign up to our newsletter if you've not done so already. You can do this here: www.gransnet.com/member/email-options

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 24-Jan-18 14:06:44

Congratulations to Emptynester who has won our latest newsletter competition, which means a signed copy of The Glovemaker's Daughter and a Gransnet tea towel will be on their way to you shortly!

Do check your emails for further details.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 26-Jan-18 12:23:34

Hello everyone and happy Friday! Today, we're announcing the winner and runners-up of the Findmypast competition.

Congratulations to Minerva who has won a 12-month Plus subscription to Findmypast, a subscription to Who Do You Think You Are? magazine and a family tree chart from My History.

Baggs and Somersetgal are our runners-up and have won a Findmypast one-month starter subscription.

Well done to all!

Minerva Sat 27-Jan-18 23:30:13

Thank you so much Gransnet. So excited to win this and already making discoveries. It was my birthday this week and I could not have had a better present.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 31-Jan-18 13:06:25

Congratulations to spevick who is the winner of our newsletter competition and has won copies of the Bing Annual 2018 and Follow the Track All the Way Back!

Please check your emails for more info smile

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Feb-18 11:13:32

Hi everyone! On this lovely Thursday morning, we'd like to announce that Worthingpatchworker is the overall winner of our Happiness for Humans book competition and has won a £100 Red Letter Days voucher and a copy of the book!

10 runners-up will also be receiving their very own copy.

Congratulations to all!

Minerva Thu 01-Feb-18 11:44:36

Having won a fabulous prize already, is it greedy of me to carry on entering competitions which interest me? I’ve never been one to win anything more than guessing the number of sweets in a jar at the school fête so Gransnet competitions are very enticing.

Chewbacca Thu 01-Feb-18 17:31:16

Many thanks for my book Happiness for Humans GNHQ. Looking forward to receiving it. smile

M0nica Fri 02-Feb-18 17:05:53

Thanks to the Discover Ferries prize I won, DH and I will be spending 5 days in Santander in early May. We will be travelling on Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth.

Thank you very much indeed.

callgirl1 Fri 02-Feb-18 18:14:59

I`m still waiting to hear from my ferry company of choice, P&O

rocketstop Fri 02-Feb-18 18:17:23

Thank you for 'Three things about Elsie' I look forward to reading it and will leave my comments on the thread when it opens.

Matriark Mon 05-Feb-18 13:32:46

Thank you so much for the wonderful prize of six Lonely Planet books for children. My grandchildren have been quite enchanted with them. The Travel Book gives them a round the world view, and prompted much discussion. The Animal Book, and How Animals Build have proved to be especially popular with grandson number three, who is an ardent animal lover, while the youngest grandson who is obsessed with all things prehistoric, is delighted with the Dinosaur Atlas. Perhaps the best book, and one they all love, is the Incredible Cabinet of Wonder - a gorgeous collection of facts and pictures with details of how to see the artefacts them in real life, all contained behind magical windows and doors for the child to open. Thank you so much, Gransnet, it is very much appreciated !!!