Gransnet forums

Competitions

Competition: Win £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days. **NOW CLOSED**

(262 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 30-Aug-16 15:06:56

At Willowgate House, no day is ever dull for Tiger! Win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of this heart-warming tale about animals, adventure and the special relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild, by bestselling author Sarah Lean.

When nine-year-old Tiger Days stays with her grandmother at Willowgate House she never knows what might happen… new friends to meet, animals to rescue and problems to solve!

Tiger returns to Willowgate and discovers someone, or something, has been digging up plants, burying eggs and even taking socks from the washing line! And a mysterious tunnel has appeared under the shed… Tiger and her friend Tom turn detective - determined to solve the mystery.

Tiger Days has beautiful black-and-white illustrations throughout and is suitable for children 7+.

To be in with a chance to win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days, tell us what makes your relationship with your grandchild special.

Can't wait? Purchase your copy of Tiger Days on Amazon or from all good booksellers, and find out more about the author Sarah Lean on her website.

Download an extract from chapter one of Tiger here.

This competition closes at midday on 14 November 2016.

maggieriordan Mon 14-Nov-16 08:30:42

We make things with Lego, read together, make food and eat together, bath time and then more reading and cuddles. What's,nt to love about having grandchildren. If I had known how wonderful they are, I would have had them first!

molly57 Mon 14-Nov-16 08:41:12

My grandchild can tell me things that he is not able to tell his parents.

snare Mon 14-Nov-16 11:53:20

spending time with them

Beammeupscottie Mon 14-Nov-16 12:06:43

I have always loved to see my grandchildren but, these days love to see them on Whatsapp. We have a family thread where the grandchildren send me photos and talk about their days. It's brilliant.

cathyov Mon 14-Nov-16 13:03:54

Having had three lovely daughters my first and so far only grandchild is a boy. So enjoy having a grandson around and he is growing up to be a lovely thoughtful and kind young man. Glad to say he sees me as the person to play games and share stories with and keeps the energetic side of him for his parents. Think it safe to say we have a special relationship because he still willing to give me kisses and a hug!

kittykaz1968 Mon 14-Nov-16 13:16:54

I have just become a nanny for the first time but my son's girlfriend already has a girl 18 months old and I love spending time with her and I will be treating them both the same its lovely to see her smiling and happy playing

evieta Mon 14-Nov-16 14:43:50

Trouble is they grow up so fast but its great to live through all the stages of your grandchildren`s lives laughing talking and playing

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 14-Nov-16 14:50:13

Thanks to all for sharing your memories and thoughts on what makes your relationship with your grandchild special - reading them has certainly brightened my Monday! We will be picking the winners of the 50 books in the next couple of days. You will be notified by email if you've won a copy of Tiger Days.

Dartzie62 Mon 14-Nov-16 19:49:14

I do not have a grandchild, but I have two very precious great nieces who are amazing. They come out with the funniest stories, are always ready to listen to a story or two. I have extra time now and love to spoil them.

Albangirl14 Mon 14-Nov-16 21:58:55

My grand daughter is very special to me. Her Daddy used to be a Safari Ranger in South Africa before he met and married my daughter and she loves amimal stories.

audreydoc Tue 15-Nov-16 11:10:33

My first Grandson was born prematurely and was very small so a lot of time spent just looking at him and willing him to survive makes for a very special bond.