Gransnet forums

Competitions

Competition: Win £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days. **NOW CLOSED**

(262 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 30-Aug-16 15:06:56

At Willowgate House, no day is ever dull for Tiger! Win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of this heart-warming tale about animals, adventure and the special relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild, by bestselling author Sarah Lean.

When nine-year-old Tiger Days stays with her grandmother at Willowgate House she never knows what might happen… new friends to meet, animals to rescue and problems to solve!

Tiger returns to Willowgate and discovers someone, or something, has been digging up plants, burying eggs and even taking socks from the washing line! And a mysterious tunnel has appeared under the shed… Tiger and her friend Tom turn detective - determined to solve the mystery.

Tiger Days has beautiful black-and-white illustrations throughout and is suitable for children 7+.

To be in with a chance to win a £100 voucher and one of 50 copies of Tiger Days, tell us what makes your relationship with your grandchild special.

Can't wait? Purchase your copy of Tiger Days on Amazon or from all good booksellers, and find out more about the author Sarah Lean on her website.

Download an extract from chapter one of Tiger here.

This competition closes at midday on 14 November 2016.

nelliedean Mon 07-Nov-16 21:35:50

I love the cuddles and kisses.

janeyf Tue 08-Nov-16 06:50:20

We get on so well and enjoy role playing games together. It is a fun light hearted relationship

maryandbuzz1 Tue 08-Nov-16 07:44:46

We each are not encumbered by the restriction of time so listening to each other is a joy.

valbuk Tue 08-Nov-16 09:01:54

My 2 grandchildren are in Australia which can be quite hard. We have always tried to remain part of their lives - thank goodness for the internet ! We facetime and message all the time. In some ways the distance makes the relationship more special and when we do see them we all make every moment count.

hiddenmichelle Tue 08-Nov-16 10:34:03

the fact that he keeps me young and makes life so much fun!

vivianallman Tue 08-Nov-16 11:06:37

it's great to be with them, my eldest is 13 now and will pop around for a cup of tea on his way home, i try to make the most of them, as my grandparents lived in yorkshire and the only way to visit was by train and when i was younger that took a long time.... sad so i make the most of mine now, as grandparents are special and i want to show my grandchildren that smile

sallyc06 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:17:48

We do lots of things together like baking, colouring in, that type of thing. I have a much better relationship with my grandchildren than I ever had with my grandparents. I am always interested in everything they tell me and everything they do.

s861421 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:33:12

when I was little my Grandmother used to look after me when my parents were away. Everyday when I came home from school, she made fresh welsh cakes everyday, which were ready just as I waked in. The smell of them still brings back the memory 40 years later

happysouls Tue 08-Nov-16 11:47:24

I think because I can play at the right level for whichever child I am with, they enjoy my company! I am full of good ideas and catch them out with the unexpected!

Tidusmc Tue 08-Nov-16 14:13:00

I have 4 grandchildren between the ages of 2 and almost 16. They are all very different people and I love the fact that I can just slot in and be the 'she know's everything in the whole wide world' nanna.

ftovey7 Tue 08-Nov-16 14:23:08

I have a very special bond with my granddaughter particularly, we both love to dress up and make things all sparkly and pretty. I have the time now to listen and make all the pretty things we both like.

beckyinman Tue 08-Nov-16 15:08:35

Just being there for all the fun things and not having to stress about the sleepless nights. Plus we go swimming together on a Wednesday afternoon so that is something special just between us

Cailin7 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:49:24

Just spending time together having fun, we laugh a lot.

saranna Tue 08-Nov-16 20:14:24

My granddaughter and I have really bonded over animals. She is very direct & I had to laugh the other day when she told me I was a natural and didn't try to hide my creases - I know it was a compliment ... but still!!

kamoc Wed 09-Nov-16 12:07:00

just spending every day time with them makes our relationship better each day

susantrubey Wed 09-Nov-16 13:03:17

I have waited forty years for a little girl, and now I have an amazing horse mad tomboy. I love her to bits.

antheaholloway Wed 09-Nov-16 18:59:50

I love playing board games with my granddaughter and grandson and they know that I will always find time to play with them. I only have to walk into the sitting room when they are there and, sure enough, a game is already set up and a chair for me too!

Dessallara Wed 09-Nov-16 20:58:21

Love to books

greig23 Thu 10-Nov-16 05:47:50

the time we spend together is special, we love watching films together a once a week we choose a film and have popcorn and drinks and enjoy the film together- we have been doing it for 30 years and it never gets boring

LittleT08 Thu 10-Nov-16 10:58:55

Aria would love this

sweir1 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:09:27

I love being able to help my kids out by looking after their kids

Plainjaney Fri 11-Nov-16 09:52:56

I adore my 4 gorgeous grandchildren. I love to have them all to stay and play
Momma's house. ????

sweetlittlrtriffid Fri 11-Nov-16 11:25:57

I love the unconditional love that my grandchildren give me, they are always happy to see me and lift my spirits if I'm feeling down. I love the cuddles and the kisses, these are precious, even my 12yr old soon to be teenager grandson will still give me a kiss! I know, unbelievable ? Their zest for life is uplifting and to have an ounce (or should I say 28grams haha) of that makes my day! ????

gran1 Fri 11-Nov-16 14:25:38

going to grandchildren's parties - real parties all about having fun

debndave999 Sat 12-Nov-16 05:55:28

I have a very close relationship with my granddaughter, maybe its because i play games like hide and seek, and scary monsters.