Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win our fantastic prize bundle worth almost £1,000!

(509 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 01-Oct-16 13:12:01

Running throughout October, we're offering you the chance to win this amazing prize (all details HERE

To be entered into the draw simply leave a memory of your own grandparents on this thread. Usual terms and conditions apply.

tanyavt Mon 31-Oct-16 22:22:35

I remember sitting with my grandad listening to the cats purring and him telling me that they were singing for me. He was such a kind old man... who was taken from us too soon.

theresacoo Tue 01-Nov-16 10:08:59

what a lovely thread!!
I adored my Granddad James He used to wear big Bellbottom Trousers ( like the Navy) which used to swing when he walked, He also looked like a cross between Burt Lancaster and Ronald Reagan. he never swore and he used to take me to work sometimes ( he was a Miner) and I used to drink Milk in the canteen with him and the workers who were covered in soot.

gillyf Wed 02-Nov-16 00:02:20

I can remember my Grandad sitting in his chair smoking a pipe and my nanny would make such lovely dinners when we visited

Rielly62 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:17:35

I was so lucky to grow up with both sets of Grandparents and two Great Grandmothers until I was well into my teens, and I have very happy memories of them all. Grandma (my maternal GG) taught me how to knit and crochet, two things I still enjoy today. She was 102 when she died, was a parlour maid before she married and had seen two world wars, the invention of electricity, radio and Tv to name a few things, the changes that she saw in her lifetime must have been amazing.

lee8000 Mon 21-Nov-16 11:32:39

Used to spend school holidays at my grandparents. My grandma was a wonderful cook and every Friday she took us to the Cattle Market to see the animals followed by a warm scone in a little tea shop.

gransnot Fri 02-Dec-16 17:56:59

I had two nans when I was growing up; my fathers mother was a big dour woman who we called Big Nan and my mothers mother who was a small glaswegian lady who we called (can you guess? ?) yep little nan?. My mothers parents were truly wonderful and they seemed to build their lifes around us. They were totally besotted with us ( 4 grandaughters) and with each other.

marpau Sun 11-Dec-16 18:32:42

Gransnet did anyone win this?

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 21-Dec-16 11:01:04

Ah yes, we did pick a winner but we haven't heard back from them and under our T&Cs, this means we pick another. So we are delighted to say that the new lucky winner is creativz. Do look out for an email coming your way shortly!

Thanks again for sharing all your lovely memories * sniff * flowers