Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a Ted Baker handbag and a copy of Bad Nana!

(265 Posts)
LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 31-May-18 09:30:59

We've teamed up with HarperCollins Children's Books to give you the chance to win a Ted Baker handbag worth £109, plus a copy of Sophy Henn's latest book, Bad Nana. 15 runners-up will also receive a hardback copy of the book.

Jeanie’s grandma is BAD. Not bad like a vampire or a gangster, but definitely up to no good…

In Sophy Henn’s wickedly funny new illustrated series for readers aged 6+, Bad Nana takes Jeanie along on her hilarious adventures, and together they cause all sorts of trouble – and have fun doing it!

From rebelling against the strict park keeper to spicing up a boring school trip, you never know what’s next with Bad Nana.

Bad Nana would never leave the house without her favourite black handbag, stuffed to the brim with lemon sherbets, pink lippy and whoopee cushions for extra mischief! So, tell us your funniest memory with your grandchildren for your chance to win a gorgeous Ted Baker tote bag for yourself and a copy of the book for the little ones.

Bad Nana: Older Not Wiser is published by HarperCollins Children's Books and is available online and from all good booksellers.

Please post your entries by 11am 29 June.

Usual T&Cs apply.

Suzie217 Fri 29-Jun-18 10:24:49

When taking my grandson aged 4 to Disney Paris on an Air France flight the attendance did the safety chat obviously in French, my grandson who's normally very quietly spoken found a bellowing voice from nowhere and shouted very loudly "Try saying it in English please, and we may understand. " ???
The poor flight attendant then couldn't do the English for laughing, the French man next to me also saw the funny Side

Maggie29 Fri 29-Jun-18 09:13:37

My great granddaughter Izzy went to the local fair on her 2nd birthday and really thought everything there was especially for her birthday. Kept saying my birthday. She was so funny. So its going to be hard this birthday, she’ll be so disappointed when the fair doesnt turn up again.

Jeanetteleighton1979 Fri 29-Jun-18 09:10:31

My nan was in her 50s we were about 10 at the time and she took us out in the night to wander her neighbourhood in Thames ditton walking around with a shopping trolley looking through skips for goodies ???? making sure to duck and hide from anyone passing lol

Kmk3319 Fri 29-Jun-18 07:23:17

We went out for dinner and the owner of the restaurant came over as he knew one of us and introduced himself to my 4 yr old niece as ,,chocolate man,,telling her he smells like chocolate ,she shakes hand with him and for everyone’s shock she s replying,,u are poo poo man ,u smell like poo not chocolate ‘’.OMG everyone including the owner was in stitches laughing at her reaction ?

kazzycomp12 Fri 29-Jun-18 07:05:56

We were walking along the beach when my granddaughter suddenly said at the top of her voice "oh look, its a goat" It was actually a man with a very long beard

cryssy Fri 29-Jun-18 06:08:52

I was walking in the local park with my grandson alongside a stream giving him strict instructions to walk carefully alongside the water. While I was watching him I tripped on a branch, lost my balance and ended up in the water . So we arrived home at my front door, my grandson grinning and me cold, wet and covered in mud. My husband and daughter fell about laughing when they opened the door.

aligiraffe Fri 29-Jun-18 00:02:22

Conversation in our back garden between my Husband & our Granddaughter Kandee:
Kandee: Grandpa please could I have an ice cream?
Hubby: You'll need to ask Daddy sweetheart.
Kandee: OK (runs inside to ask her Dad & comes back outside with a sad face) Daddy said no (then brightens up) so you'll have to get me one Grandpa!
Hubby: I know I'm Daddys' Daddy but if he said no then I can't get one for you. (Kandee runs back inside & a few moments later appears at the door)
Kandee: He's getting me one now!
Hubby: Did you wrap Daddy round your little finger?
Kandee: (rather indignantly) Actually I said pretty please.
At this point me & my other son nearly fall off the swing seat laughing

sandian Thu 28-Jun-18 21:46:38

We were at the Beach with our 8 year old Grandaughter who was having her annual holiday with us. She decided to root around in some rock pools and before we knew it, she had collected four tiny fish. Very carefully resting between my knees, Grandad drove home. On arriving I commented how we would make sure they travelled back safely at the end of her break, only to be told quite forcefully, Oh No Mum Will Go Ballistic, needless to say said fish are now the responsibility of Gran & Grandad.

suewilly Thu 28-Jun-18 20:41:23

I have so much fun with 2 year old LEo. I love some of his sayings, for example this weekend we were trying to treach him to ride a bike and my hubby told him to hold the handlebars. Leo shouted 'Look Grandma, my holding my hamble bars'.
The best and funniest time I've had with him though is when we recently took him to an alpaca farm. It had been raining quite heavily a few days before but the field seemed relatively dry. Leo wanted to jump into the few muddy puddles we saw and obviously I was right there with him. We jumped into what looked like a shallow puddle and I almost sank in it up to my knees. I couldn't stop laughing all day!

gobldygook Thu 28-Jun-18 20:27:14

A few days ago my 2 year old grandaughter suddenly blurted out , pointing to a man passing by, accusingly,( while waiting for me to arrive ) " YOU NOT NANNY, YOU A MAN"

matty44 Thu 28-Jun-18 20:24:52

I was dressed up for a night out and I asked my 4 year grand daughter if I looked beautiful, she replied 'you would be if it wasn't for your wrinkles'

cathyov Thu 28-Jun-18 20:20:40

My grandson always wanted to help doing jobs so as my husband had been trimming the dogs in the garden I sent him out with a bag to help pick up the hair. He came back proudly with a bag saying he had collected all the dog feathers and we could make some wings now!

alirox2222 Thu 28-Jun-18 20:03:33

We have our own home bar in the house and when our grandaughter comes around she has her own little tankard. Grandad buys her ginger beer in a brown bottle so she thinks they are drinking beer together, probably not a good idea in hindsite, as one day she went to school (in foundation) and anounced to the teacher that she had a grandad headache because she had too much beer, luckily we knew the teacher and was able to explain, but it was a lesson learned not to try to trick a 4 year old, it can come back and bite you lol

ptak5566 Thu 28-Jun-18 19:54:40

When my grandson was 3 he was singing 'Baa, Baa, Black Sheep ... and he kept saying Baa, Baa, Black Sheep Dump! So funny, goodness knows where he picked it up from!

padleys Thu 28-Jun-18 19:08:46

I was babysitting our Grandsons one afternoon at their house the oldest Grandson was 4 and the youngest 2, I went into the kitchen to get them both a drink, when I came back in I could hear the youngest crying, but for the life of me I couldn't find him, I asked Toby the oldest, where is your brother, he just shrugged his shoulders and said I don't know, I was frantic, I was only gone a couple of minutes, the sobbing was continuing, I looked under the cupboard under the stairs and thought, there is no way he could get in there, the sobbing was louder, there was my youngest grandson, in a box, in the dark, he couldn't of got in the cupboard without a certain person helping him, I shouted at Toby and said why, he said with his hands on his hips, that he was getting on his nerves, I scolded him saying the dark could of frightened him etc, but Toby just looked at me haha, but then the youngest said to Toby AGAIN!!!! I couldn't believe it, I laugh now but at the time I didnt

Julieanne999 Thu 28-Jun-18 18:52:51

When my grandson asked me to remove the pillow from under my jumper. There was no pillow there ;)

GlamourGranny60 Thu 28-Jun-18 16:47:26

We went out on our dingy with our granddaughters and didn’t want to leave my handbag on the beach unattended. On returning to the beach I tried to disembark the dingy gracefully and tripped submerging my whole body but I ensured I held my handbag up out of the water to keep it dry! My granddaughters and son now refer to my handbag as Excalibur as they said it was like the lady of the lake holding it aloft!

jacqroberts Thu 28-Jun-18 15:09:35

Having struggled to get in a tight parking space my Grandson said does your Parkinson's make you bad at parking Nanna?

poppy16 Thu 28-Jun-18 14:53:35

went to Skegness on coachtrip, before we left I took everyone to the loo, as you do!, I never noticed that there were two ways in and out, didn't see the family when I came out of cubicle i left and wandered away looking for them, muttering about them being tykes for running off, about 20 minutes later, the coach driver and the children were hurrying towards me, 'come on gran, you got lost' he says, the kids did have the sense to walk the right way, and tell the coach driver they lost me!!!!'scatty gran'.

helcrai Thu 28-Jun-18 13:57:59

Tricking Grandpa by making a beautiful "cream" trifle (which was actually shaving foam!) He got onto the second spoonful before even realising.

minilynn3 Thu 28-Jun-18 10:37:25

I took my grandson to our local Co-op to buy a few items and the shop assistant looked at my extremely cute grandson and said hello Sweetheart, unfortunately he took grave offence to this and informed the lady in a stern voice that he wasn't her sweetheart, he was Granny's sweetheart! Luckily she saw the funny side of this!

IamaWallis2 Wed 27-Jun-18 22:03:37

Watching TV showing a fire in a local hotel where Nan sometimes had part-time work, firemen were going in and out and back again. Granddaughter lisped that she knew why they were going back in and out again .... it was to steal the sugar cubes that Nan always gave her!

Dollyfair Wed 27-Jun-18 13:58:11

The man with the garden backing onto the alley at our house was annoyed with the children running up the alley and playing (!). He said it made his dogs bark. He came to shout at them holding one of his dogs. They were white with red eyes (dont know types of dog very well). I gave him a piece of my mind, finished off with " Its the first time I have seen a pig holding a pig". The children thought it was the funniest thing they had ever heard. I know it was naughty, but I dont care!

Nannilyn Wed 27-Jun-18 08:45:41

My funniest memory so far is a recent one! My Grandson Freddie(approaching 2 years old) Greeted me at the door with Daddy, Daddy said 'Would you like a drink Nannie' ? Freddie Said 'Nannie Eat' grabbed my hand & took me off to the kitchen larder-slammed back the door & looked around-spotted the Crisps & pointed 'Nannie Eat(Meaning 'Freddie Eat'! ) What a lovely if devious greeting!!

Paps Tue 26-Jun-18 20:27:48

My best memory is short and sweet.When my grandson,Jack,was 7 he asked if we could go to McDonalds.I said what's the magic word expecting please and he replied abracadabra!!