Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a copy of Grandma Bird to celebrate Grandparents Day *NOW CLOSED*

(304 Posts)
LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-18 12:11:43

Grandma Bird is a tale of compassion, bravery and unexpected adventure, and the new book by author illustrator Benji Davies. We have 15 copies to give away to celebrate Grandparents Day on 7 October.

To enter the competition, simply tell us... what's your favourite thing about being a grandparent?

As ever, you must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

If you'd like to find out more about the book, you'll find details and T&Cs HERE. We will be picking our winners at random after 11am on 22 October.

triciarose Sat 06-Oct-18 12:49:52

The sheer delight in my 6 year old granddaughter's voice when she realises it is me on the phone.

Harris27 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:08:29

The minute they walk through the door and nothing else matters but their love!

Annie29 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:12:18

I loveto hear I love you Nanna and when we are with the grandchildren we are always happy and laughing

smayed Sat 06-Oct-18 13:17:30

I love it when she says I love you nanna.

Ruskin Sat 06-Oct-18 13:25:16

I actually enjoy seeing my son enjoying parenthood the way I did with him :-)

NannyC2 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:40:19

When one of my grandsons aged 11 smiles at me. He is disabled and cannot, walk or talk amongst many other things. I just love him to bits.

CAllred1 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:47:22

Every time I read a bed time story my heart melts!

queenie68 Sat 06-Oct-18 13:49:50

Seeing the happy face of someone who chooses to love and trust me being so pleased to see me

marpau Sat 06-Oct-18 13:52:14

When my grandson runs up the garden path shouting grandma James is here

gilly5 Sat 06-Oct-18 14:04:06

When they see you, come running up and jump into your arms and put their head into your neck for a cuddle.

Bobdoesit Sat 06-Oct-18 14:23:21

My little granddaughter Lilly and her big sister Zoe live on the other side of the world to us, and we only get to see them every couple of years. We visited in January this year because Lilly wanted me to take her to school on her very first day. (Australian children start school at the beginning of the year) Before we left for school on that first morning she said she was worried about finding me at the end of the day, so I said I would wear my very brightest dress so she would easily spot me in the playground. From then on it became her favourite dress and she wanted me to wear it all the time. When we came back to the UK, I left it hanging in the wardrobe for her to find. Her mummy tells me she cried when she saw it and now keeps it hanging in her bedroom cupboard to remind her of her ‘English’ Nanny.

SHORTMAN Sat 06-Oct-18 14:35:49

The way her face lights up when she sees me at the school gates and that slow smile when she wakes up when she's having a sleepover and she realises she's at Nanny's

jhm27 Sat 06-Oct-18 14:36:06

We live a long distance away so hearing "I've missed you Nanna" is music to my ears.

alisonsmith4 Sat 06-Oct-18 14:45:56

“When you are dead you will still be my Granny!” 7 year old granddaughter - I think it was a compliment!

ayjay Sat 06-Oct-18 15:03:07

Smiles and giggles

Lacy123 Sat 06-Oct-18 15:04:45

My heart melts every time I see him or hear his voice. We are bestest friends.

Tubs Sat 06-Oct-18 15:12:47

We have two grandaughters and they always cheer us up when we see them, one is ten the other is two and they both have their own special names for me, the eldest calls me Dan Dan which has stuck since she was able to talk and the other one who has just started talking call me Ban Dan which is so loverly.

sheilanorkett Sat 06-Oct-18 15:47:11

What is love most about being a Grandmother to my two grandchildren is being able to give them quality time.

moorlikeit Sat 06-Oct-18 15:52:20

I have only recently become a grandparent for the first time - it's been a long wait. I am enraptured by my granddaughter's baby babble. Oh joy!

jocarter Sat 06-Oct-18 16:16:11

The unconditional love our grandson gives us and Skyping to read him his bedtime story

Charlie17 Sat 06-Oct-18 16:56:21

When we invite one grandchild over for a ‘sleepover’ at our house. It means we can dedicate two days of special time to each child without them having to compete with their siblings for attention!

Soniah Sat 06-Oct-18 17:05:51

Having someone to share the things I love to do, exploring the woods and beach, making things out of scrap and recycled materials, reading, playing board games, having fun!

Bubbe1 Sat 06-Oct-18 17:10:38

Being greeted by a BIG smile

hulahoop Sat 06-Oct-18 17:17:40

That smile as they come into our house or we walk into theirs and then the big cuddles begin ?

cookiemonster66 Sat 06-Oct-18 17:29:35

I feel my heart will just burst with love for my little granddaughter. It is pure joy to be around her and the love she brings to our family, now can even say 'nana' and gives me such good hugs, she is like a life tonic, making all the bad things disappear, healing my broken heart after the death of my daughter, and suddenly the world seems perfect again because she is here.