Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win over £800 of brilliant books for Christmas

(1001 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-19 11:41:32

It's that time of year again...

If you are stuck for gift ideas for family/friends, look no further than our round-up of the best books for Christmas. From psychological thrillers to women's fiction, autobiographies to cookbooks (and everything in between), there really is something for everyone.

And, as ever, we are giving one lucky person the chance to win everything featured on the page...worth over £800. All you have to do is tell us, on this thread, who you'd most like to find under your tree this Christmas (and why).

We will be drawing a winner at random at midday on Monday 16 December. Terms and conditions apply - more details on the page.

--

As this thread has reached the 1,000 post limit we've started a new one for you to enter on which you can find here.

Purpledaffodil Mon 18-Nov-19 16:03:09

I’d like to find my son and new daughter-in-law under my tree. Just got back from seeing them married, but they live a 14 hour flight away and the flights are too expensive at Christmastime. ?

Miriam Mon 18-Nov-19 16:04:53

I would like to find Neil Diamond under my tree. I have loved him since my teens and still play all his music.

EmmaCraven Mon 18-Nov-19 16:08:20

I'd love to find Sir David Attenborough under the tree. He needs a rest from all those amazing documentaries he makes and needs protecting! He'd make such a fabulous dinner guest.

Poppyred Mon 18-Nov-19 16:09:17

My Mum and Dad who have passed over. Christmas is not the same without them.....

JessK Mon 18-Nov-19 16:09:22

I'd like to find my comprehensive family tree so that I can see where I came from and who my interesting ancestors were.

rocketstop Mon 18-Nov-19 16:09:38

I would like to somehow see my childhood self under the tree this year,To see if the magic of Christmas really was reflected in my face, to see my joy at being with my Grandparents and family.To feel the same joy at giving and receiving presents and to watch myself as my sister and I looked out to see the silver prize band marching up our road in the snow, and to once more hear my parents jokingly shout 'Shurrup' from their room as the band passed under their window !

jessiecat Mon 18-Nov-19 16:12:31

I would love to find my dad under the tree, he lives a few hundred miles away and we are not able to see each other as often as we would like

Lovelykins47 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:19:29

I'd love to find a door into summer, so I could open it and go there when things are cold and dreary!

harrigran Mon 18-Nov-19 16:19:47

I would like to find a mystery writer under the tree, there is nothing like a good story being related on a cold December day. Roaring fire and twinkling Christmas tree lights, my idea of bliss.

sezz35sezz35 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:27:49

I would like to find the Vicar of Dibley under the tree because it would be a very jolly, funny Christmas! (and we could do the sprout competition)

KatyK Mon 18-Nov-19 16:31:14

Lots of people I have lost but to keep it light hearted, Michael Bublé please. We went to one of his shows earlier this year and wow what a show. I've seen so many 'stars' over the years, Beatles (my idols), Stones, Tom Jones, Tony Bennett, many, many more but Michael Bublé knocked them for six. His voice was amazing. He was funny, energetic, got right amongst the audience, posing for photos, letting people sing into his mic. He would certainly liven up Christmas!

Anannymous Mon 18-Nov-19 16:36:09

Father Christmas cause wouldn’t it be lovely to find he really does exist.

samben Mon 18-Nov-19 16:41:50

I'd like to find a top chef under the tree so that I could relax and enjoy the festivities without worrying about preparing meals for everyone.

JoJoY Mon 18-Nov-19 16:42:58

I just want to find my husband under my tree smile <3

pennwood Mon 18-Nov-19 16:57:19

I would like to find my parents under the Christmas tree as I miss them every day.

mtp123 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:59:21

I would love find to find my lovely Mum who died far too young many years ago.

Granny23 Mon 18-Nov-19 17:04:17

I would love to find my OH in his usual chair beside the Christmas Tree, doling out the presents with his Santa hat on. Instead I will be visiting him in his Care Home where he may or may not know me or appreciate what day it is.

emmasnan Mon 18-Nov-19 17:06:40

I would like to find my late father under the tree. I would love him to see what lovely adults his grandsons had grown in to and for him to have the chance to meet his beautiful great granddaughter.

glenka Mon 18-Nov-19 17:10:39

I would like to find Mary Berry so she could cook all the the Christmas dinner for us.

Tinasparkle Mon 18-Nov-19 17:48:58

James Martin would be good, he doesn’t like turkey like me, and he could cook us a delicious alternative !

cornergran Mon 18-Nov-19 17:56:44

My family as we are rarely all able to be in the same place at the same time and my dear friend, recovering from an inter cranial haemorrhage, who lives across the other side of the country and is the sister I never had.

LullyDully Mon 18-Nov-19 18:01:01

Things for my new garden. Plants , perennials and shrubs.

Charleygirl5 Mon 18-Nov-19 18:03:26

My parents, who died days apart over 40 years ago. My mother was a superb cook- I would have a fabulous meal and there would be so much catching up.

ayse Mon 18-Nov-19 18:06:18

I’d like to find my Mum and Dad to tell them how much I love them and still miss them after 40 years.

muffin Mon 18-Nov-19 18:06:31

I would love to see my baby grandson under the tree, and to hug him and tell him how much i love him

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion