Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a £100 Amazon voucher, a copy of The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter and a bundle of her best selling books worth £55

(683 Posts)
LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Apr-21 10:06:59

To celebrate the release of The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter, we've teamed up with HarperCollins to offer one lucky Gransnetter the chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher and a set of 5 bestselling Karin Slaughter books, including her latest paperback, The Silent Wife, and an early proof copy of her new book, False Witness – not out until June!

The bundle includes:
- The Silent Wife (RRP £8.99)
- False Witness (exclusive early proof copy) (RRP £20.00)
- The Good Daughter (RRP £8.99)
- Pieces of Her (RRP £8.99)
- The Last Widow (RRP £8.99)

4 runners up will each receive a copy of The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter.

To enter simply tell us... What is your favourite crime/thriller book and what do you love about reading thrillers? We will be picking a winner after 11am on 13th May.

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already. And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox…

You can find out more about The Silent Wife here:

Looking for your next page-turner? Make Karin Slaughter’s latest thriller, The Silent Wife, your new read. This No.1 Sunday Times crime thriller is full of twists and turns, with characters you’ll root for and an emotional punch that will leave you reeling. If you haven’t read Karin Slaughter before, now is the time!

He watches.
A woman runs alone in the woods. She convinces herself she has no reason to be afraid, but she’s wrong. A predator is stalking the women of Grant County. He lingers in the shadows, until the time is just right to snatch his victim.

He waits.
A decade later, the case has been closed. The killer is behind bars. But then another young woman is brutally attacked and left for dead, and the MO is identical.

He takes.
Although the original trail has gone cold – memories have faded, witnesses have disappeared – agent Will Trent and forensic pathologist Sara Linton must re-open the cold case. But the clock is ticking, and the killer is determined to find his perfect silent wife….

Competition T&Cs apply - find them here

stranraer123 Tue 11-May-21 08:28:18

I love all the Ann Cleeves books particularly the Shetland series, maybe Raven Black is my favourite.

karenweedon Tue 11-May-21 09:38:44

The Hiding Place by Jenny Quintana is a great thriller - a must read tense mystery! It's a crime thriller about an abandoned baby in a share house, and that child's search for the truth about her parents. It's a brilliant, slow build suspense tale that is drenched in intrigue and and a very tense atmosphere!
I love reading thrillers because they get the adrenalin flowing!

Wycombeite Tue 11-May-21 09:43:05

I love a good Agatha Christie crime novel and have enjoyed her books since my childhood! I particularly like And Then There Were None

Horatia Tue 11-May-21 10:10:42

I loved reading The Catch by T.M Logan and enjoy reading thrillers from the safety and comfort of my own armchair engrossed as the tension builds, especially when I haven't a clue what the outcome will be until the end.

angiejackson Tue 11-May-21 10:47:30

I loved the Robert Langdon Book series by Dan Brown. I'm amazed how thrillers can captivate your imagination and keep you reading from dusk till dawn!

greig23 Tue 11-May-21 10:57:09

Linda La plants , her books are brilliant

marj1712 Tue 11-May-21 11:45:30

I love a good detective mystery where you can escape to a different world. I particularly enjoyed Peter James novels as I like the police procedure and forensic detail

SueI Tue 11-May-21 12:17:33

I enjoy most thrillers and crime. I love Clare Macintosh's books. Real page turners and leaves you guessing until the last minute!

hughese Tue 11-May-21 12:20:52

I really enjoy Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series. Well written with great characterisation.

paulineb Tue 11-May-21 12:55:44

I love anything by Martina Cole. Once I start reading a book I find it hard to put down. I've nearly been late for work a couple of times! I love her style of writing. I'm reading The Good Life at the moment

Mclellans Tue 11-May-21 13:26:11

I enjoyed The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena. Love reading thrillers as they can be so hard to put down! I really enjoyed reading it in the garden last summer!

Purplecatlover1 Tue 11-May-21 13:44:52

I love Patricia Cornwells Kay Scarpetta series. Thrillers let me escape to a different world but one which is still realistic.

Sunshine9 Tue 11-May-21 14:11:14

I love a good thriller

tracezeus1 Tue 11-May-21 14:22:56

I loved 1st to Die and all the Women's Murder Club books and all other titles by James Patterson he is a fantastic author who keeps me guessing right until the end

benhamslc Tue 11-May-21 16:00:43

I'm not over keen on thrillers but love Clive Cussler books

Bobbie20 Tue 11-May-21 16:25:30

I really enjoy reading Mary Stone's Ellie Kline mystery series. They are filled with twists and turns building upon the character and her working on cold cases solving mysteries.

mmmm Tue 11-May-21 16:54:46

I actually love Karin Slaughter. I also enjoy James Patterson, Lee Child and numerous more. Its difficult to choose a favourite but I'll go for The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It was completely unputdownable! So many twists and surprises. I guess I love thrillers because it's exciting to feel shock and awe but be safe yourself.

sheridarby Tue 11-May-21 17:12:26

There are far too many to choose a favourite, I find them all totally gripping

jamiecbutt Tue 11-May-21 17:17:06

I love the DC Ryan series by L J Ross, the staple characters are really relatable and all books are set around the North East where I live!

MichStew Tue 11-May-21 17:39:23

It may not be the conventional understanding of a crime thriller but as they involve investigations into the breaking of the Official Secrets Act and possible treason I would suggest any of the "Smiley" novels by John le Carré. They all have the elements I like of a gradually unfolding story with the relationships between the various characters emerging as one reads through the novel.

JANH Tue 11-May-21 18:32:05

I enjoy Solomon Carter books. I have read quite a lot of his books and find that I look forward to the same two main characters and their take on a private investigation. Really enjoyable.

Angelwhisper Tue 11-May-21 18:42:23

Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins, love a good thriller.

kevincharley Tue 11-May-21 18:55:05

So manygreat thrillers but The Girl on the Train sits up there as one of the best. (Shame the film wasn't as good.)
I love the suspense and I love proving that I'm totally gullible and can be taken in so many tilmes in so many ways.

antheaholloway Tue 11-May-21 18:57:42

I loved The Girl on the Train by Paul Hawkins. I enjoy thrillers because they are always surprising and you never know which way they will turn!

Carolfinning Tue 11-May-21 18:59:22

Snow Blind by Ragnar Jonasson. A chilling, dark atmospheric whodunnit full of suspense and twists that transported me back to Iceland, a country I love to visit.