Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

This is not flippant but...

(36 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 17-Mar-20 17:16:14

I m going next Saturday there’s no way I can go with out a hair cut it would drive me off the cliff when I start feeling it on my head it has to go

rubysong Tue 17-Mar-20 17:13:02

Stay home Crafty one. I believe you live alone and that, to my mind, makes you vulnerable. It would be awful to be home alone and ill. Stay safe.

craftyone Tue 17-Mar-20 17:05:34

Thank you for your help. I will not go, no one sees me anyway and who cares, more important that I get to the end of this safe and sound. DD to a local foodbank sounds good suzie, think I will do the same

suziewoozie Tue 17-Mar-20 16:47:15

I wouldn’t go. It’s awful as we all become more and more aware of how our choices are negatively impacting people’s livelihoods but I don’t see what else we can do if we want to stay as safe as possible. I’ll be spending a lot less money for a while - not eating out, going for coffee, Hairdresser’s etc so to partially salve my guilty conscience, I’ve set up a dd to my local food bank who are going to have increased customers.

Charleygirl5 Tue 17-Mar-20 16:43:33

If you do decide to go, make sure that you are the first appointment.

Luckygirl Tue 17-Mar-20 16:41:05

There is help for small businesses who are in trouble because of the virus. Stay away!!!

Grandmaclampet Tue 17-Mar-20 15:57:07

Children can have the virus yet show no symptoms. Mum and children are of course in close contact. Stay away, try some fancy head scarves. Who is going to see you? We have been asked to avoid social contact this could lead to real problems. We have to try to reduce the spread. There will be millions who will face financial problems I am afraid.

AGAA4 Tue 17-Mar-20 15:54:17

I have just cancelled my hair appointment. You have to look after yourself. People can have the virus and not know so I would say don't go.

Bbarb Tue 17-Mar-20 15:51:55

As always ............ it depends
Are you specially vulnerable? if you are - stay away, no doubt about it. Otherwise, if it was me, I'd go but I'd probably ask for a 'dry cut' where you wash and dry your hair yourself at home and she gives you a trim, using a water spray to damp you down and a quick blast with the dryer before you leave.

M0nica Tue 17-Mar-20 15:48:17

I wouldn't risk it. I have a slef-emplyed beautician and have, with regret decided to cancel next weeks brow tint and shape.

craftyone Tue 17-Mar-20 15:44:12

I have a question. I have started isolation because of age and am coping fine. I phoned my hairdresser yesterday to cancel my appointment next week, just a normal cut and blow. She is on her own in a small room and quickly said that she has done everything she can to keep the salon safe. She has 2 children at school. I had to say to keep the appointment open and I would see nearer to the date

So what do I do? I could whizz down on my bike, park in a rack and walk 5 minutes through an old arcade. I am fully prepared not to go, have ordered some wide headbands to hide my scruffy hair and can hack my own fringe. Poor lass, she obviously has rent to pay. I am in a dither, everyone else has been so good eg royal mail man kept his distance and signed for me

I am still thinking its a bit too close that contact between her and me. What would you do?