Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Three Cheers for Sainsburys

(47 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 09:02:11

I've just logged on to see if I can get a slot as up until now everything has been blanked out and nothing showing after 13th April.

There's a message saying they're giving priority slots on 'next day delivery' for the over seventies and vulnerable people. They already have your details if your a customer but you can add them if they haven't.

I've put in a normal (mostly fresh food) order for tomorrow even though I had a large one last Friday. It will be so nice to have a weekly slot again and not have to do 'just in case' shopping.

Well done, Sainsbo's

Bathsheba Mon 23-Mar-20 18:39:22

Yep Daddima that's what happened to me too. And that's the number you're supposed to ring to get added to the elderly or vulnerable list confused

Bathsheba Mon 23-Mar-20 18:05:50

No help to me at all, because the info they have is based on my Nectar card and I'm under 70. My husband is 73 and is named on my card but, of course, his date of birth isn't on their records. I've tried to ring the number shown on their website for people who are in this category and want to be added. Finally, after several hours of repeatedly trying, I got through to a recorded message that gives absolutely no info whatever about this. No help on the website either. It seems that if they already know you're in the category then you'd have been sent an email telling you what to do. But in our case, no such luck.

kittylester Mon 23-Mar-20 17:53:09

I can recite that message now daddima.

JuliaM Mon 23-Mar-20 17:50:39

I have been a regular Sainsburys customer for a couple of years now, ordering every two or three weeks, but didnt buy a delivery pass, prefaring to pay and book as needed rather than pay for a pass in a lump sum, as that would have been more expensive for less.frequent orders.
When l try to order my regular goods now, the website will not allow me to book a delivery slot as they have now a rule in place that resticts deliveries to Delivery pass holders only, regardless of status of being Elderly, Disabled, and Isolating. They also refuse to allow me to buy a delivery pass now. My alternative delivery service is Iceland, but my local store and delivery base has recently closed due to Staff illness, so no delivery slots available from.that company either.

Daddima Mon 23-Mar-20 17:38:39

So, at last connected to Sainsbury’s! Listened to all the stuff that’s on the website, how they can’t allocate slots or deal with stock enquiries, then the message said they’re exceptionally busy, please try again later, then cut me off!

Sussexborn Mon 23-Mar-20 17:28:42

OH went to Lidls this lunch time and it was fully stocked. Another delivery lorry pulled in as he was leaving.

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 17:15:18

I hope you have better luck tomorrow, annsixty

annsixty Mon 23-Mar-20 17:11:48

Really Merlotgran nobody is having a go at you.
It is Sainsbury’s we are all having a go at.
They promise something they can’t keep.

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 16:56:44

That's OK, Babyshark. smile

Babyshark Mon 23-Mar-20 16:52:52

Sorry OP I was snarky and I shouldn’t have been regardless of your update. Il aim my frustration in the appropriate direction- this damn virus.

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 16:44:11

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated, nanaK54 and I feel very sorry for people like Anne60 who have also been trying to get on the site.

When this sort of thing happens it makes you wary of sharing info in the future that you hope will help because clearly it might not help at all.

nanaK54 Mon 23-Mar-20 16:42:49

annsixty flowers I'm so sorry that you can't get on to the site your need is much higher than mine - hope you can get on tomorrow

nanaK54 Mon 23-Mar-20 16:41:15

merlotgran flowers my post was not to 'snipe' at you, I am just feeling frustrated with Sainburys

MawB Mon 23-Mar-20 16:38:43

“Deserve” not “derive” ???

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 16:34:09

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I went on Sainsbury's website to see if they had any slots available after April 13th. There was a message saying they had slots available for over 70s and vulnerable people so I booked one. I shared the information on Gransnet because I thought it would help those who have not been able to book slots.

The reason I did this was because my delivery last Friday had quite a lot missing, mostly fresh fruit and veg, milk and eggs. There were also substitutions that had to be returned because they were not gluten free - I am coeliac.

I have only ordered the things that I couldn't get last week. There is no guarantee I'll get them tomorrow.

We live in an isolated property and have no family or friends for back up. DH is very poorly so my priority is to keep him safe and well. I'm sure anyone else in my position would feel the same.

If Sainsbury's advertise a service for the over 70s you expect it to work so that is why I shared the information because I thought it would help others. I had no idea the site would crash. I was lucky.....that's all.

Babyshark Mon 23-Mar-20 16:19:04

Glad you’ve got your shopping 1 week after doing a shop to last you 3 or 4 weeks. Less on the shelves for the rest of us who haven’t been able to do a big shop. Three cheers to you op.

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 16:03:36

I'm sorry I started this thread. I only did so because I thought if I could get on the site why not everyone else?

I thought it might help people book slots because until now there hasn't been anything for the over 70s.

I didn't know the site would crash.

annsixty Mon 23-Mar-20 15:24:47

So have I and I am nearer 83 than 82 and very disabled.
Should be having a hip replacement on Friday, who knows when I will bet it now.
I will be in a wheelchair by then.
Sorry to rant but I cant even get on the website after trying all day.

nanaK54 Mon 23-Mar-20 15:15:24

Should have said I have shopped online with them for years

nanaK54 Mon 23-Mar-20 15:14:41

Sorry to say I can't cheer for them either, like others I have been trying to get through on the phone since 8am. I won't show as a 'vulnerable' customer age wise, however my poor DH is in a high risk group so we are both now self isolating.

MawB Mon 23-Mar-20 14:49:53

No cheers on behalf of customers like Annsixty who derive better. ???

Brunette10 Mon 23-Mar-20 13:38:43

I was at Sainsburys this morning at 8 o'clock for our dedicated time slot. Queue waiting to get through doors, a lot of shelves not stacked or indeed just empty. Not happy about the 2 metre stay away guide as people def not adhering to it at all. Was only in for 20 mins got what I needed and was given a beautiful bunch of daffs as I was checking out. Don't care if they were left-overs from Mothers Day, it was a lovely thought. Thanks Sainsburys. flowers

annsixty Mon 23-Mar-20 13:24:17

They have certainly lost my loyalty.
I have shopped with them since Adam was a lad.
I have online shopped with weekly deliveries for a few years now.
I cant even get onto the website.

Rosalyn69 Mon 23-Mar-20 13:17:27

I can’t get into the site either despite an email telling them I’m in their vulnerable group.
Morrison’s are better.
Very cross with Sainsbury’s. I am a regular customer.

merlotgran Mon 23-Mar-20 13:08:22

I suppose the only thing you can do, sunseeker is keep trying to get through on the phone.