Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

..and we think it's tough here!!

(43 Posts)
farview Sun 05-Apr-20 19:58:00

In Dubai...24/7 curfew now and an online application needed for a permit to visit the supermarket...

janipat Sun 05-Apr-20 23:44:04

I'm a slow typer, glad you're DD has found a solution smile

Callistemon Sun 05-Apr-20 23:46:53

They became quite popular among younger people I think.

I would just look like a little old lady if I had one (well, perhaps not that little).
Although I quite fancy a tartan one.

MissAdventure Sun 05-Apr-20 23:50:57

Yes, my mum said (whilst running me into the ground)

"Oh love! I don't like to see you struggling round with my shopping. Buy yourself a trolley". smile

I've got a purple one with butterflies on.

Willow500 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:18:11

I saw a young(ish) woman the other day pulling a shopping trolley - she was wearing a mask and gloves - back in the day shopping trolleys were so old fashioned but have made a comeback. Clearing out the summerhouse yesterday I found a pack of face masks (husband has been looking for them since this started but can't remember why he'd bought them years ago) and the shopping trolley wheels I'd been looking for. We bought one ages ago when we had to transport stuff up to the 3rd floor of an apartment we had. The bag is in the garage so I think I'll be getting my gear on next time I need to go to the shop!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:48:30

MissAdventure I can picture you with a purple trolley covered in butterflies (looking forward to meeting up for coffee again when all this is over)

BlueSky Mon 06-Apr-20 08:41:49

Light years ago when I was newly married and on a tight budget, the shopping trolley was a lifesaver. I went grocery shopping by bus into the nearest town and came back loaded as could only afford one bus trip a week! So much easier now with online shopping I don't know I'm born!

sodapop Mon 06-Apr-20 08:49:02

From today the forms we need here to go out will be available on smart phones.
It will make life easier as we need a new form each time we go out and are not allowed to change the date or time on a form.

BlueSky Mon 06-Apr-20 10:24:26

Where are you Sodapop?

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 10:38:39

Just wondering if your mum used to be my neighbour in London, MissA grin

joannapiano Mon 06-Apr-20 11:12:57

MissAdventure, I have the same trolley. Bought from Amazon last month. I don’t drive and DH is undergoing chemo so it gets a weekly trip to our local Sainsbury’s.
Despite being in touch with our GP and gov.website, we cannot get classed as vulnerable. Hey Ho.

GagaJo Mon 06-Apr-20 12:06:16

mokryna, I think I corrupted my lovely best friend. She watched You Tube with the Tiananmen Square protests in silence one weekend.

She has a VPN now. We chat on messenger.

sodapop Mon 06-Apr-20 13:16:34

I live in France Bluesky

MissAdventure Mon 06-Apr-20 19:38:58

joannapiano.

Would it count as a social faux pas if we both turned up somewhere wheeling identical trollies? smile

BlueSky Mon 06-Apr-20 19:58:11

How lovely Sodapop! Love France!

Sussexborn Mon 06-Apr-20 21:47:23

This has jogged my memory. I have two shopping trolleys - one in the shed and another in the loft. Time to dig them out to see if anyone can use them.

rafichagran Mon 06-Apr-20 21:50:43

I use a ruck sack, they are very useful. X

sodapop Tue 07-Apr-20 08:46:00

BlueSky
Yes we are lucky, we live in a very peaceful rural area with our animals. We are the only English people living full time in the village and have very friendly neighbours.