Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

April Birthday Wishes

(13 Posts)
Aprilgranny Sat 11-Apr-20 14:14:14

Its Easter Sunday tomorrow and for many of us a birthday minus family Please join my celebration ...light a candle and when you blow it out wish for the safety and health of all the babies born and to be born during this pandemic.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Apr-20 14:23:30

One of my GGS's will be 10 on Easter Monday and I'll miss out on his little party with family. This will be the 2nd GGC whose birthday I've missed. No words.

Clairefontaine Sat 11-Apr-20 14:23:44

Yes, Aprilgranny, and for all the children( and adults) whose birthdays fall during lockdown. One of our Dgc will be 4 on Wednesday. There will be a party but limited to mummy, daddy, baby sister with others joining via Zoom. Fun, but not the same.

fourormore Sat 11-Apr-20 14:28:23

What a lovely idea Aprilgranny - today would have been my late Mum's 97th birthday and as we are obviously unable to visit her grave we will be lighting a candle for her later today.

I will re-light the candle to join in your celebration tomorrow and wish for the safety and health of all babies - indeed all of us - during this time.

On Monday one of our GD has her birthday. We will miss the birthday hug, but we are all safe at the moment which is the main thing. Enjoy your birthday as best you can!flowers

ninathenana Sat 11-Apr-20 14:30:35

DH will be 72 on Easter Monday.

I will light a candle and wish.

crazyH Sat 11-Apr-20 14:51:54

My darling granddaughter’s 5th bday today /this is how I saw her ?- through the gates

Chestnut Sat 11-Apr-20 14:59:40

crazyH - my granddaughter's 5th birthday was yesterday. We had an online family group complete with cake etc. but the only people she actually saw were her parents. We've also had my birthday and her mother's since lockdown!

crazyH Sat 11-Apr-20 15:07:42

What a good idea Chestnut - did you do it on FaceTime and did you all arrange a particular time ?

rafichagran Sat 11-Apr-20 15:22:53

I had a corona birthday last week, funnily enough, all the cards arrived on time, I had a text to open my door and there was a box with lovely flowers on them.
Also had other lovely presents delivered, but I have to say it was not about the gifts it was the effort and kindness that touched me.
Strangely it was a lovely relaxing day. Different, and while I wish it was not this way I did enjoy it.

Chestnut Sat 11-Apr-20 15:30:10

CrazyH - we used WhatsApp. My daughter rang three of us so there were four screens showing at once and we could all talk to each other. We saw her blowing out her candles and sang Happy Birthday! Obviously you can have more than one person per screen if it's a family.

Pittcity Sat 11-Apr-20 16:02:06

We sang and watched DGS blow out his candles via WhatsApp yesterday.

Cherrytree59 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:32:31

What lovely idea Aprilgranny
I will blow a birthday candle and make a wish as you suggest, on Tuesday (my birthday).

Better than moping.
We should have been going to Harry Potter world with my 2 grandsons. Hey ho, always next year ?

A second Birthday like her Majesty, may be the way to go.

Wishing you and all the other April birthday Gners or their families a pleasant Birthday.??

Blinko Sat 11-Apr-20 16:37:37

My birthday was last week. I was surprised to receive so many cards, given the blasted lockdown. Flowers, chocolates and an Amazon voucher also came my way. I felt very fortunate. DH and I opened a bottle of prosecco. Grand!