Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Reasons to be cheerful in lockdown

(59 Posts)
Masquereader Fri 01-May-20 09:51:15

What keeps you going? One of the things I miss is meeting in a cafe for coffee and a sneaky cake, so I try to have good coffee, and I've started baking again, so there's usually something in the tin - nothing complicated: all-in-one cake, traybake, something like that. What's your treat to yourself?

Hetty58 Sun 03-May-20 00:42:01

I can do serious gardening or decorating - without interruptions. If I'm covered in mud or paint it doesn't matter. I can eat, sleep and shower whenever I like!

jeanie99 Sun 03-May-20 02:53:00

I keep busy and what would I do without my music. Music can transport you to another place.

pat9 Sun 03-May-20 10:00:54

It's good having time to sort out the house and garden. Both I and my late husband were hoarders, so a lot to do. I am lucky enough to have a garden, but quite large and too much for me really, however I have made some impression on it which is very satisfying. I have plenty of food etc. so no need to worry over that. Keeping in touch with people with phone and email. I am quite enjoying this time ! Sad for people who don't have so much and those who have lost someone.

craftyone Thu 07-May-20 07:40:33

getting outside every morning either on my bike, out for a walk or in the garden, important to get some of that essential sunlight and feeling lucky that we are in spring

Making things or clearing a drawer or cupboard so it will be nicer after lockdown and I will have achieved something positive each day

I bought myself a velvetiser as a treat and make myself some gorgeous hot chocolate every day

lovingit Thu 07-May-20 22:23:29

Ducklings on the dog walk and a new foal at my stables are a daily treat that makes my day.

Niobe Fri 08-May-20 00:13:48

I’ve had the virus and survived.

craftyone Fri 08-May-20 08:14:22

cycling this afternoon, in the sun. Quietly spinning yarn outside today with an audible book and a hedonistic hot chocolate. I am doing a little crockery sorting later, out with some and in with some new denby, it gives me joy

MawB Fri 08-May-20 08:17:10

?????That’s one very big reason Niobe ! ????