Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Is your brain turning to mush?

(7 Posts)
Davida1968 Sat 30-May-20 13:38:19

Thanks for your responses. Certainly you all sound to have better brains than I have at the moment. (I do appreciate ginny's point of view!)
On waking every morning, my first thought is: "what day is it?" My second is: "is this all really still happening.....?" Then: "What am I doing today....?" Perhaps it's simply the lack of much at all written in diary/calendar, or perhaps it's just my age, (though l'm still in my 60s - just) but now I take all morning to "get going", where once I could be up and out after 9.00.a.m, leaving all "done and dusted" in the house.

ginny Fri 29-May-20 14:57:47

No but I think that’s because I don’t have so many things to think about and rush off to. Therefore more space in my head.?

Lucca Fri 29-May-20 14:56:22

I hope not. I do the times cryptic as usual every day and twice on Saturdays IYSWIM. Play bridge online.
The strange thing is that I’m not reading as much, find I’m too antsy. I’m not alone in this, quite a few friends say the same.
Merylstreep?

MerylStreep Fri 29-May-20 14:43:27

No. And I know it's ok after reading some of the posts on GN.

Hetty58 Fri 29-May-20 14:42:40

Er, no - my brain isn't 'mushy' at all, although I seem to have relaxed into holiday mode. I can do things rather differently with no outside commitments. As it's sunny, warm weather I did an early morning dog walk, gardening in shady spots, early lunch - followed by an afternoon shower. I might have a nice nap next!

ninathenana Fri 29-May-20 14:35:27

I do at least one, usually more, crosswords a day and word searches to try and prevent this.

Davida1968 Fri 29-May-20 13:14:51

Is anyone else's brain going "mushy", during "shut-down"? I find that I am definitely operating at a more "confused" level, when it comes to some tasks. I'm here in a home with a garden, with my lovely DH, and we keep active, (and are having lots of daily internet communication with family/friends), but on some days I really feel that I am losing it, compared with how I was before. I just hope that my brain picks up, when life return to "normal" (when & whatever that may be...).