Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

UK visitor isolation

(28 Posts)
GagaJo Sun 28-Jun-20 07:07:38

I flew into the UK yesterday. At the Swiss airport, the Swiss airline agent grilled me as to whether I'd registered my isolation address on the UK You.Gov website. He was most threatening, predicting incarceration or expulsion upon landing if I hadn't registered.

I landed in the uk and no one checked anything.

JenniferEccles Wed 01-Jul-20 12:56:36

I am sure there are a several reasons for the problem in Leicester, so it’s wrong to say the ill flying in and then going to hospital didn’t play a part

Let’s hope people there abide by the rules.

Saturday will be the test of course with cafes and restaurants reopening in the rest of the country.

MayBee70 Wed 01-Jul-20 13:03:51

Yes; at least we now know. I feel awful that people think I was being racist by pointing it out but, as I said, Dr Campbell is far from racist; he's incredibly upset about what's happening in Pakistan and India as he's worked in those countries and is so concerned that it's the poorer people in society that are dying. I just don't understand why people are flying into the country from just about everywhere without being checked properly. But then there are a lot of things I don't understand these days !