Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Would (will?) you snitch on your neighbours?

(179 Posts)
blondenana Thu 17-Sep-20 11:37:08

No, i wouldn't,during lockdown they had several people at their house, mostly outside as they had just started building a new driveway, so workmen delivering too, but they kept to themselves otherwise,and didn't bother me
The young couple were trying to get it done before he went back to work i think,they have 2 young children
Also if people can gather in pubs etc, i think they were probably safer in their garden

NotSpaghetti Thu 17-Sep-20 11:29:12

I certainly would if she was the one I was reporting!
???

tanith Thu 17-Sep-20 11:26:21

No absolutely no thoroughly awful women is Priti.

MawB2 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:19:31

As recommended by the fragrant Priti Patel?
What happened to “we’re all in this together”, “Brutush common sense” , “Blitz spirit” ?
From Michael Deacon in today’s DT who puts it better than I could
To encourage us, the Home Secretary Priti Patel has told an interviewer that she would happily snitch on her neighbours, should she catch them breaking the law. (British law, that is. Breaking international law is, of course, a completely different matter.)
Reporters duly travelled to Witham in Essex, to ask Ms Patel’s neighbours for a response. One woman replied that, in the circumstances described, she would cordially invite the Home Secretary to “do one”

Tellingly, the woman added: “It was all right for Dominic Cummings to drive up to his second house. It seems like one rule for them and one rule for us

I think (more than) a few of us are saying “Hear, hear”.