Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Queen may have to change her plans for a traditional Christmas.

(95 Posts)
Parsley3 Tue 29-Sep-20 22:13:09

Students are not alone in their concerns about missing a family Christmas. The virus has no favourites.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8783449/Queen-furious-staff-revolt-Sandringham-Christmas-plans.html

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 09:25:57

Never mind the Queen, there could be a shortage of Christmas Puds! The newspapers report panic buying of them (it’s October 1st)?

Chewbacca Thu 01-Oct-20 09:30:00

Shortage of sprouts you say lemon? Oh good, detest the things!

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 10:31:06

lemongrove

Never mind the Queen, there could be a shortage of Christmas Puds! The newspapers report panic buying of them (it’s October 1st)?

I still have my two 4 year old Christmas puds in the cupboard if Her Maj would like one?
Should I test one out on DH first?

Aepgirl Thu 01-Oct-20 10:35:05

Here we go - royal bashing again. Who believes everything they read in the newspapers?

Anniebach Thu 01-Oct-20 10:43:14

It must be true, it’s from an unnamed source ! ! ! !

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 10:47:18

Here we go - royal bashing again
Apart from one or two, I think this thread is quite lighthearted.

We always expect the usual republican moans even when a thread about the RF is not serious.

Lucca Thu 01-Oct-20 12:16:58

Callistemon

^Here we go - royal bashing again^
Apart from one or two, I think this thread is quite lighthearted.

We always expect the usual republican moans even when a thread about the RF is not serious.

Well I agree. However when I said I wasn’t bothered I was leapt on !

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:25:20

Yes Callistemon do try one out on your DH to make sure it’s still edible, although in my long experience of husbands they will eat anything (looks round carefully in case Grandad is watching for misandry.)?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Oct-20 14:48:29

I make Christmas puddings every three years, they keep well and taste delicious more so after several years.

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 14:52:55

Well I agree. However when I said I wasn’t bothered I was leapt on!

Well, I was going to jump on you for your spelling, Lucca

"Am I bovvered" is correct.

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 14:58:05

lemongrove

Yes Callistemon do try one out on your DH to make sure it’s still edible, although in my long experience of husbands they will eat anything (looks round carefully in case Grandad is watching for misandry.)?

Yes, they're good dustbins!
Once trained properly, of course. Mine's nearly trained but not quite; it does take some time.

My grandchildren always preferred Popty Ping to the actual Welsh Word lemongrove it is so onomatopoeic, but as your question was directed to Callistemon I will leave the reply to her. Thanks, Lexisgranny! grin

Meicrodon?

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 16:27:53

Isn’t that a type of dinosaur Callistemon ?
Yes, popty ping is much better, I shall call it that henceforth.

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 16:34:00

Meicrodons still roam the hills and vales here in Cymru.
They are very secretive but can be seen if you know where to look.
?

Lucca Thu 01-Oct-20 16:41:53

Callistemon

^Well I agree. However when I said I wasn’t bothered I was leapt on!^

Well, I was going to jump on you for your spelling, Lucca

"Am I bovvered" is correct.

Oh yeah but no but yeah.

Callistemon Thu 01-Oct-20 16:45:26

Does it look like I'm bovvered?

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-20 16:59:19

MrsRochester The Queen would never wear her slippers in the sitting room?

MrsRochester Thu 01-Oct-20 20:45:46

hollysteers

Quite right, too.
I was thinking, rather, G&T, dinner on tray on sofa in bedroom. Like me grin

annemac101 Sat 03-Oct-20 09:00:37

Somehow I don't think the queen said she was furious. It's more likely to be those who arrange where she will stay and who will stay with her. If only our main problem this Christmas was choosing which castle we lived it. I don't think she should be performing any duties, let her stay safe with hubby and let the younger royals take over.

ReadyMeals Mon 05-Oct-20 18:21:40

annemac101

Somehow I don't think the queen said she was furious. It's more likely to be those who arrange where she will stay and who will stay with her. If only our main problem this Christmas was choosing which castle we lived it. I don't think she should be performing any duties, let her stay safe with hubby and let the younger royals take over.

Well she may have been furious, but I doubt she said it to anyone who she couldn't trust to not talk to the Daily Mail.