Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trumps Drive By

(262 Posts)
suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 23:31:28

Did this really happen or have I fallen down the rabbit hole?

NotSpaghetti Wed 07-Oct-20 06:38:41

He will probably go on taking steroids for some time yet.

NotSpaghetti Wed 07-Oct-20 06:39:13

Don't forget, he has his doctors in his pocket.

seacliff Wed 07-Oct-20 06:44:34

A steroid injection works wonders for my cats when poorly. Lasts about 3 weeks. ?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Oct-20 07:05:47

We don’t know how the virus is going to impact Trump, nor whether it has run its course. One thing for sure the steroid will not cure him.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Oct-20 08:19:02

rosecarmel

He announced that there will be no Stimulus deal prior to the election- But the Fed suggested in so many words how much such a decision could negatively impact the economy-

I think this sudden decision is all of a piece with Trump trying to make himself look strong.

He is judging that at this point in the election it is more important for him to look as what in his terms is a strong leader rather than helping small business and the jobless, health etc.

It is always about Trump.

Shropshirelass Wed 07-Oct-20 09:30:18

Just proves he is selfish in his consideration to others (his drivers) and that he is insanely mentally deranged.

varian Wed 07-Oct-20 14:58:59

Top US immunologist quits health role over Trump Covid response. Dr Rick Bright says administration ‘ignores scientific expertise and overrules public health guidance’

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/07/top-us-immunologist-quits-health-role-over-trump-covid-response-rick-bright

varian Wed 07-Oct-20 15:03:15

Donald Trump spent Tuesday tweeting frantically and immediately resumed posting on Wednesday morning, lashing out at enemies and pledging there would be no new economic stimulus talks on Capitol Hill until after November’s election, prompting fresh concerns that his release from hospital was premature.

The president has been accused of being the “superspreader” responsible for the current outbreak of coronavirus in the White House by top medical professor Dr Jonathan Renier of George Washington University.

Dr Renier told CNN he suspected the president himself of being “patient zero”, saying: “I think POTUS was infected with coronavirus for at least a week before he was admitted to the hospital… I think he's the superspreader.” Dr Julian Tang of Leicester University has meanwhile suggested Trump "is likely still infectious and shedding airborne virus each time he breathes”, regardless of what his medical team is telling the American public.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-us-election-update-latest-coronavirus-biden-twitter-b856135.html

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Oct-20 15:04:45

I’m inclined to agree with that comment, it works with Trump’s symptoms.

Whatdayisit Wed 07-Oct-20 19:03:23

Superspreader - Trump probably proud of that label.

Iam64 Wed 07-Oct-20 19:48:02

Yes you can just hear him, I'm the supersist super spreader they ever met