Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trumps Drive By

(262 Posts)
suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 23:31:28

Did this really happen or have I fallen down the rabbit hole?

NanKate Mon 05-Oct-20 09:20:05

I just can’t understand why so many voters are sucked in by his boasting and showboating. What a dangerous man he is.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:20:34

Flipping errors * should quarantine

and no idea where the one came from.

(I am losing my ability to multitask ?)

Lucca Mon 05-Oct-20 09:23:34

Should not quarantine ?

Lucca Mon 05-Oct-20 09:23:51

Crossed post sorry

LauraNorder Mon 05-Oct-20 09:30:53

No cure for stoopid

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:33:17

No problem Lucca I am trying to do multiple tasks, and failing dreadfully this morning ??

Hetty58 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:34:56

suziewoozie, I often feel, lately, that we must be in an alternative reality, some twisted comedy show!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:37:22

Hetty58

suziewoozie, I often feel, lately, that we must be in an alternative reality, some twisted comedy show!

A remake of The Truman Sow ?

annodomini Mon 05-Oct-20 09:40:59

I wondered what his doctors really thought about him as a person, as the POTUS and as a patient. Now we know that at least one was able to speak up and use the term 'stunt' about his motorcade. There is talk of his return - maybe as soon as today - to the White House which would doubtless involve the exposure to infection of many staff. His behaviour is typical of what the Greeks called 'hubris' - overweening belief in his own invulnerability. In their dramas, the protagonist was brought down by the gods. I wish....

Luckygirl Mon 05-Oct-20 09:43:42

Stupid man - my compassion is stretched to the limit. I do not want anyone to get this virus; but Turdman Plod's infection is pushing the boundaries of my principles. The fact that he is milking it for all it's worth is utterly sickening. Many people have died because of his stupidity.

I hear what you say suziewoozie - it beggars belief that he even got voted in; but that people are still willing to vote for him...........what can I say?

Grannybags Mon 05-Oct-20 09:47:42

He an idiot.

Your post made me laugh Maw!

Grannybags Mon 05-Oct-20 09:48:20

He's an idiot even!

Hetty58 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:49:00

It's a puzzle.

White House physician Sean Conley said in a press briefing on Saturday morning that Trump was '72 hours into the diagnosis now'.

Later, Conley issued a statement saying that he meant 'day three'.

As severe symptoms (or some recovery) tend to occur in the second week, it's far too early to tell if he's ill - or how ill he is.

merlotgran Mon 05-Oct-20 09:50:41

I saw the OP (before anyone else had replied) just as I was going to bed. didn't know what it was about and was tempted to investigate.

I'm glad I didn't. Truly the stuff of nightmares!

MawB2 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:51:10

Greeks called 'hubris' - overweening belief in his own invulnerability. In their dramas, the protagonist was brought down by the gods. I wish....

Preparing the sacrifice even now...will burnt toast suffice?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 05-Oct-20 10:01:48

He gets more ridiculous by the day. No wonder America is in such a fix with someone like this in charge.

Oldbat1 Mon 05-Oct-20 10:20:00

What a selfish idiot of a human being. Speechless!

Alioop Mon 05-Oct-20 10:21:16

IDIOT!!!! More worried about votes and money than lives.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 10:24:00

The doctor who spoke up was not one of the doctors treating him - the hospital doctors and his WH doctor have at least been obfuscating and at worst lying. They will all end up with innocent blood on their hands. Lucky surely he’s more much more than stupid? GNers in the past have used the word evil to describe some people - surely DT qualifies for that?

Yellowmellow Mon 05-Oct-20 10:26:19

One word ......Spin

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 10:26:21

I have to say I’m astonished at words like stupid idiot etc being used to condemn him. What would be have to do for some of you to say exactly what he is - eat babies?

trisher Mon 05-Oct-20 10:28:05

But he now knows about the virus- it's real knowledge-not gained through books! Though goodness knows how he would be if it wasn't for the doctors who surprise surprise learned some of their skills from books!!
And who cares about a few security staff. He's got an election to win. hmm

NotSpaghetti Mon 05-Oct-20 10:31:56

He had tested positive apparently before he did the Sean Hannity interview live at Fox News. The test he said he was "waiting the results" of was a second test.

He'd told one advisor who tested positive "don't tell anyone". The Wall Street Journal quoted an admin official "I'm glued to Twitter and the TV because I have no official communication from anyone in the West Wing".

annemarg Mon 05-Oct-20 10:32:38

Someone I spoke to the other day suggested that maybe he doesn't have it at all and it is just to try and gather more votes and sympathy from the American people. I don't know about that because so many other people would have to be involved, especially the medical people and I shouldn't think principled people would take part in it.

Neilspurgeon0 Mon 05-Oct-20 10:34:06

As the American public might put it “wot a dick”