Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trumps Drive By

(262 Posts)
suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 23:31:28

Did this really happen or have I fallen down the rabbit hole?

Dorsetcupcake61 Tue 06-Oct-20 06:42:42

Its unbelievable. My biggest concern is they will re elect him.

MamaCaz Tue 06-Oct-20 07:21:46

Just seen your last post ,*WW*. I was about to use the very same words!

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 08:06:36

There’s only one thing that DT deserves to happen to him now and I hope it does. He is a wicked wicked evil man. You can’t call yesterday’s leaving of the hospital stupid or idiotic. He knew exactly what he was doing and what he was aiming to achieve.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-20 08:30:36

POTUS is grandstanding to his adoring fans, giving out the message that he is invincible and that Covid-19 is no more dangerous than the flu.

He is deluded and dangerous, I feel the few remaining WH staff who haven’t contracted Covid as the likelihood is they sure will soon!!

Iam64 Tue 06-Oct-20 08:37:52

It's like watching the USA unravel. He is deluded and dangerous, as most of us agree. I go further than GrannyGravy - his message isn't that Covid is no more dangerous than the flu, he seems now to suggest its no worse than a bad cold.
I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist. I certainly believe that Mr Johnson was very ill. Is it possible that Trump is prepared to lie about this? Yes it is but surely he couldn't get his doctors to lie?

Grannynannywanny Tue 06-Oct-20 08:38:16

GrannyGravy13 I think you’re absolutely right. What are his advisors thinking of or does he just not listen to them? He removed his mask in full view of the world’s media and walked into the Whitehouse. The remaining WH staff who haven’t already been infected by him must have been diving for cover.

Grannynannywanny Tue 06-Oct-20 08:44:44

Iam64 I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was a stunt if it hadn’t been for the fact that so many of his entourage have tested positive. I think 12 so far. Also a large medical team would all need to be in collusion.
He may have been one of the fortunate ones to experience a mild dose. Or he may be one of those very unfortunate patients who will require emergency hospital admission and possible intensive care around the 7-10 days stage. As his doctor said yesterday he’s not out of the woods yet.

travelsafar Tue 06-Oct-20 08:58:05

Isn't there an amendment that they use in America when they think the President is no longer fit for purpose???

I think they need to use it if there is, and pretty quickly, Trump needs a mental health assessment!!!!

25Avalon Tue 06-Oct-20 09:40:25

Best case scenario he might learn some humility. It is not happening. He is as many have said a brash braggart. He could, however be tempting fate, that he thinks he is above. If he has a relapse it is on his own head and I don’t think anyone is going to have any sympathy.

honeyrose Tue 06-Oct-20 09:54:13

Did this drive-by of Trump in his hermetically sealed vehicle really happen, or was it a skit from Spitting Image??! Or maybe I was dreaming it?! The crass stupidity of Trump knows no bounds!! And as for telling us not to be afraid of COVID - unbelievable! He’s a dangerous and deluded man.

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 09:58:33

His doctors did lie over the weekend - it’s documented. Also it’s a military hospital, the doctors are serving officers and he is their Commander in Chief. In recent years ( and at least once during this pandemic)some UK doctors who are sports club doctors ( rugby/football/ cycling ) have behaved in the clubs interests and not followed medical ethics. If they do that, how much more likely is it that DTs doctors are dancing to his tune?

Illte Tue 06-Oct-20 10:13:14

I think that's why thry rushed him off to a military hospital pdq suziewoozie.

If you're in the military you obey orders no matter how wrong they are.

I won't believe he has Covid until he gets really ill. I think it's a fiendishly clever election stunt.

Trump is invincible! Only he can save America?

Grannynannywanny Tue 06-Oct-20 11:21:09

When I heard his doctor say trump was a “phenomenal patient” it made me wonder if he had an ear piece and trump was dictating what to say!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:30:33

Whether he has covid or not the whole episode has more than a touch of madness about it.

MayBee70 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:46:45

It wouldn’t be out of place in North Korea, would it? The man is deranged: possibly because he is seeing his Trump dynasty slipping away. If/when he loses the election I fear there will be civil war in America and I fear for the good, decent people that live there. But hopefully, when he goes there will be a knock on effect and sanity might return to this country also. How did our countries get into this state?..

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 12:13:06

‘Whether he has covid or not the whole episode has more than a touch of madness about it.’

That is so true Whitewave. It’s unbelievable, except it really happened! I think I fell down the rabbit hole with suzie.

Yesterday even my 92 year mother declared the man ‘stupid.’

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 12:14:15

I don’t know whether he’ll be re elected or not, but my husband thinks he’s got no chance. I hope he’s right.

JenniferEccles Tue 06-Oct-20 13:56:26

It’s perfectly understandable for any world leader to be upbeat and positive about a recovery from illness as any sign of any weakness could spell the end of their career.

Look how the rumours are still circulating about how fit Boris is.

Trump however should have picked his words more carefully, and followed up his ‘nothing to fear’ comment with stressing how important it is for everyone to follow the rules.

It’s all about striking the right balance and that’s where he falls down.

Clearly of course for a few unfortunate people there is much to fear.

rosecarmel Tue 06-Oct-20 13:57:11

Its surreal ..

Has anyone given it any thought what he will venture to do if he loses and if his DC chronies will drop him like a hot potato, as he did others in the past in business?

PECS Tue 06-Oct-20 14:09:07

The man is a total fraud. A bankrupted business man and trashy TV celeb who utterly believes in his own lies. And he has terrible taste in everything! IF he has had covid then he is lucky not to be even slightly ill... I would not be surprised to hear that he has not had covid at all.. his behaviour & attitude is that of the worst behave pre teen but dangerous because of his power. There is a strong rumour that the UK PM was actually undergoing rehab when in StTs & drying out and reducing reliance on cocaine. Who knows?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 14:13:17

rosecarmel

Its surreal ..

Has anyone given it any thought what he will venture to do if he loses and if his DC chronies will drop him like a hot potato, as he did others in the past in business?

Yes a lot??. Well there is thought that civil war will break out. I’m not sure if I’d go so far as that but I can see Trump trying to rouse his troops.

The next presumably he will be charged with various offences like his dealings with Russia, and undoubtedly other stuff that comes out of the woodwork, then the revenue will go after him, then his creditors will follow.

That’s just for starters!

But I suspect that he has got a get away plan to Russia?

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 14:16:20

I’m totally sure that is just a stupid rumour PECS, I think our medics have far too much integrity for that.

I also believe that Trump has Covid but probably he was one of the lucky ones who have had it quite mildly. He’s more lucky than he has any appreciation of to have had Covid19 mildly at his age and with being obese. Of course the medics threw everything they had at it, including drugs normally reserved for much more seriously ill patients.

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 14:17:27

Well we should all know soon enough. The election is very soon. Hopefully he won’t get in again.

Lucca Tue 06-Oct-20 14:30:25

Much as I find our PM ineffectual and dishonest I think that is absolute nonsense PECS.

merlotgran Tue 06-Oct-20 14:57:14

I also believe that Trump has Covid but probably he was one of the lucky ones who have had it quite mildly.

So do I but I don't think it is as mild as he'd like everyone to believe.

Time will tell.