Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Didn’t feel safe in the garage.

(29 Posts)
25Avalon Tue 05-Jan-21 10:23:47

We had to take the car in for service and MOT to the main dealer today. I was surprised/concerned at their lack of proper following of COVID regulations. The main door was open so I put face mask on and followed arrows to service area. There was a sign that the coffee machine was not in use but none to say use the sanitiser stood next to it! There was a big sign on the wall not to come in if you had coronavirus symptoms - too late, I’m already in hmm

Then I was told I could not pay over the phone but when I collected I had to use the machine which would be sanitised before and after. So I asked to pay by bank transfer. Receptionist goes off to ask and returns with details on sheet of paper which I refused to accept as being unsafe. Probably thought”got a right one here” and finally agreed to send details by email. You would have thought main dealer would have a better system. Dropped car keys into a sanitised tissue and followed footprints out to a different door. A door that is closed and needs pushing open by hand. Being me I have disposable gloves in my pocket so was able to put one on to open door.

They are supposed to sanitise the car before I collect. I will be taking a can of virus free spray which was recommended on here by a gnetter and give a good spray before I get in. First time I have been in anywhere since March. Didn’t feel COVID safe. How do others feel?

beverly10 Tue 05-Jan-21 14:19:35

Jennifer Eccles
Agree.
Saying that I am beginni'ng to beleive my two Parakeets have more of the 'grey matter when it comes to what is the 'obvious.'

Farmor15 Tue 05-Jan-21 14:34:15

From what I've read recently, it seems that airborne transmission is probably the most common way people catch it. The virus can build up in enclosed spaces, so entering an indoor area without good ventilation is probably more dangerous than touching anything there.

JenniferEccles Tue 05-Jan-21 16:21:07

beverley10☺️
They probably have!