Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The neighbour part 2.

(9 Posts)
MissAdventure Tue 05-Jan-21 16:29:14

Hopefully shorter than the original, because I'm fed up with myself for drowning on.

The person whose family member died has had a negative result to her test, and the neighbour she visited isn't going to have one.

She seems to be ok so far (more by luck than judgement), so that's that.

MissAdventure Tue 05-Jan-21 16:30:12

Droning. Not drowning... sinking maybe, though.

silverlining48 Tue 05-Jan-21 18:06:13

MissA wink.
Glad to hear your over sociable neighbour got away with it, (this time, )but will s/he learn ?

MissAdventure Tue 05-Jan-21 22:40:34

No, she won't. She was going out for 3 essentials seperately today. A cauliflower, to take her son a chicken she had cooked, and to see if she could find some canvas shoes for the summer.

I give up! tchbiscuit

lemsip Tue 05-Jan-21 22:54:45

surely shoe shops are shut, aren't they?

MissAdventure Tue 05-Jan-21 22:58:56

I've no idea. I think the big supermarkets sell non essentials, still.

I got told off for trying on a pair of boots in sainsbury's a while back. blush

Apparently I should have bought two sizes, and taken back the ones that didn't fit.

Callistemon Tue 05-Jan-21 23:35:54

Keep away from her!
She should carry a sandwich board with DANGER - KEEP CLEAR written on both sides.

Is she just really thick?

BlueBelle Tue 05-Jan-21 23:50:19

I got told off for trying some short boots on in Primark before Christmas missA I bought them but its strange because 20 people could have handled them which goes for clothes as well you can have dozens of pairs of hands touching them but you couldn’t pop one on doesn’t really make much sense

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jan-21 00:06:39

I was a bit put out, as was the woman who had volunteered to help me get the boots off, and was tugging at one, while I held onto the shelf for support.

I think there was probably a bit too much jollification going on. blush